Remove Advertisements

[10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

Using holy shield on cooldown means that it might not be up when you actually want it (when Zon'ozz's stacks are high, for instance).
Belloc

Postby Treck » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Using HS on CD whenever you are taking meele dmg is very suboptimal, especially on such a boss where the rampup in dmg is very predictable, almost as bad as using WoG for shield on CD without taking any consideration of whats happening in the fight.
If you are moving onto heroics, you should really consider HS a CD, and not just part of your rotation.
Treck

Postby Fleim » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:37 pm

sacred shield? huh?
Fleim

Postby jekoh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Brosterr wrote:2nd psychic drain DP glyphed + AD + WOG + sacred shield < (holy shield, and to further expand on this, why do people talk about holy shield when going over their rotation cooldowns? Isnt it pretty assumed that if you are being meled you keep HS up on cd?? So confusing (and just so nobody answers me, that was rhetorical, use HS on cd if being meled.))
black phase with nothing

and I repeat

yes it's holy shield
I think other people answered
I consider HS as a damage reduction cd to be used when necessary not to be used as soon as it is up thinking that if I loose 1 second not using it when available I am doing bad job for an overall damage reduction on a fight
I know that when reaching the 5 bounces, if we plan to go 7, the dps and healer close to the boss will have to move, some dps have to be healed and dispeled so healers will be less available for me whereas they should with the increasing boss stacking damage + psychic drain

So as written by treck, for me HS is a CD and not a part of the rotation you could macroed with a crusader strike for example, if HS is available but I know that using it immediately, the next HS will not be up just after the 5 bounces, I wait and don't use it.
jekoh

Postby mgkeeper » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 pm

You 've all been very helpful about the cd's rotation, but can you tell me the trinkets that you are using into this fight? I am personally using the Indomitable Pride and the Mirror of the Broken Images. The rotation that i am using them is the following that someone mentioned above. This is my rotation for the boss phases:
Code: Select all
Normal Phase:
1st Psychic Drain: Mirror of Broken Images
2nd Psychic Drain: GOAK + WOG + Holy SHield
Black Phase: DP glyphed

Normal Phase:
1st Psychic Drain: Mirror of Broken Images
2nd Psychic Drain: AD + WOG + Holy Shield
Black Phase: DP glyphed

The thing is that when the cds effect expires after the 2nd Psychic Drain the inc dmg is huge and i am flirting with death. So i am asking if you have any suggestions, to either change the cds rotation or the trinkets. I have all the trinkets but the one with the stamina + mastery effect, which i think we as Paladins don't need it.
When in doubt, round 'em up and consecrate!!
Armory: Socrateus
mgkeeper

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm

I'd suggest saving holy shield until after GOAK/AD runs out.
Belloc

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:11 pm

By the time the second psychic drain occurrs, the boss generally has several stacks of angry buff and hits like a truck, definitely save holy Shield for the end of the other CDs.

Also, I noticed in a sloppy attempt we had on Normal this week, that ranged seemed to be farther away than normal. This caused the ranged healer to remark that he could no heal the tank, and also it allowed more stacks than usuall of focused anger to build on the boss as it took longer for the ping pong ball to build the regular number of stacks. So I would suggest you make certain your ranged group isn't overly distant, as bringing them in closer to min range can help cut down on the time the boss has to build focused anger stacks.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby jekoh » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:05 am

mgkeeper wrote:You 've all been very helpful about the cd's rotation, but can you tell me the trinkets that you are using into this fight? I am personally using the Indomitable Pride and the Mirror of the Broken Images. The rotation that i am using them is the following that someone mentioned above.
The thing is that when the cds effect expires after the 2nd Psychic Drain the inc dmg is huge and i am flirting with death. So i am asking if you have any suggestions, to either change the cds rotation or the trinkets. I have all the trinkets but the one with the stamina + mastery effect, which i think we as Paladins don't need it.

I use the indomitable pride (i only have the lfr one), it seems to be the best second trinket for me on this fight.
Before to have this trinket, I was using the veil of lies.
The one with the stamina + mastery effect is certainly the worst trinket for paladin
For the cd , it is written with "+" but don't use them at the same time, you have to spread the use up to the 7 bounces if you do 7 and it is less critical if you do only 5 bounces. So for example I use AD just before the drain, I wait to take a hard shot to use WOG and use holy shield when dps/heal close to the boss have to run away
jekoh

Postby mgkeeper » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks for the help guys, i will try that tomorrow if my group tonight, in my absence, don't hit a kill. I will gladly transfer my thoughts as soon as i try it. Thanks again.
When in doubt, round 'em up and consecrate!!
Armory: Socrateus
mgkeeper

Postby HammU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:57 am

Thx for all the useful tips, the strategy with the stacked up raid just behind the boss and bouncing the orb between the tank (as in me) and a ranged player really made a difference for us.

We had some problems with the orb floating too far before it got "bouncable" on the side of the ranged DD. I counteracted this with pulling the boss another 2-3 feet just after he spawned the orb and then turning him around. Made the positionnary requirements less critical in my opinion.

If someone has similar problems, here's the vid of the kill. Notice the movement of the boss just after channeling the void.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CksVGNAQCo

(sorry for the long intro, I'm currently messing around with Adobe After Effects a bit :) )
HammU

Postby ckernan2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 am

Greetings Ladies and Gents,

I posted on the Ultraxion topic, but I'll offer my tips/comp for this fight as well since I've been a lurker for 2 months and decided I'd offer contributions =)

For Zon'ozz, we used the following composition:

Prot Paladin
Demo Lock, Fire Mage, Spriest, Combat Rogue, UH DK, and Surv Hunter
Resto Druid, Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin

In 10 man, there are 5 Eyes, 2 Flails, and 1 Claw that need to be dealt with in each Black Phase. I highly suggest 4 ranged, as even using 3 made this fight much more difficult. I know 10 man raid comps aren't very generous and switching to alts might not be as enjoyable, but progress while you can, and eventually you'll outgear the difficulty.

I suggest the following markers (going to be difficult to describe the room, but bear with me, although I believe you can find a map online of spawn points)
1 marker where Claw spawns. This is the stack point for every Black Phase
1 marker to the left of the Claw Spawn where Eye 3 (middle Eye) will spawn.
1 marker to the right of the Claw Spawn where Eye 4 will spawn.
1 marker where the left Flail spawns.
1 marker where the new ranged stacking point will be (use the little land piece sticking out of the water in the boss room)

For the pong phase, the tank stood in the middle with the boss.
Melee group: DK, Rogue, Holy Paladin, Warlock
Ranged group: Resto Druid, Resto Shaman, Mage, Hunter, Spriest

Pong Phase 1: 7 bounces. Ranged spread out and let SPriest solo 7th bounce. Enter Black Phase 1.

Black Phase 1: All stack on Claw Marker, Holy Paladin uses Aura Mastery, Prot Paladin uses Divine Guardian. Warlock and Hunter prioritize Flail to the left, then Eye 3 while the SPriest and Mage burst Eye 4 then move to the right Flail. The Resto Shaman goes with them, standing near the middle where Zon'ozz spawns. After Eye 3 is dead, the Lock, Hunter, and Resto Druid move to kill Eye 2 and Eye 1, both of them dying from dots/pets after the first void bounce.

Pong Phases 2, 3, and 4: The first void bounce should be absorbed by the Resto Druid, the Hunter, and the Warlock. The 2nd ranged bounce should be absorbed by the Spriest, Mage, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid, and Hunter since this will be enough time for the mage and priest to run over to that side. The warlock runs up to the melee group to help share that damage. Let the 5th bounce hit the boss. Let the mage Cauterize the 5th bounce alone, restack for Black Phase. On Phase 3, the Spriest can Disperse the 5th bounce again. On the 4th, the mage can again utilize Cauterize.

For the 4th Black Phase, use the Claw stack point, use Bloodlust, and burn the boss. We entered the 4th Black Phase when Zon'ozz was at 40% and we killed him 2 seconds after enrage. He takes a TON of damage during this. Don't be disheartened or discouraged feeling like he should be lower.

The main keys to this fight are:

1.) Make sure people take bounces appropriately (don't take damage when someone is solo bouncing it)
2.) Make sure if you are a dot class that you dot the boss up continuously while dealing with the Eyes. Eyes ALWAYS have priority until they are killed.
3.) Holy Paladin or best tank healer should be in melee and NOT doing dispels. That person's job should be coordinating with the tank to deal with the beastly melees and Psychic Drains that the tank will be eating. Let the other two get dispels.

Hope this helps! Happy wiping and progressing!
ckernan2

Postby Tzuik » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:27 am

Hy ppl (my first post on this forums),
I'm intrigued about the tank CD rotation ppl are posting here.
We had our first attempts this wednesday and me + healers say that I can survive easily through first psychic drain so my rotation goes like this:

1st normal + black phase
1st psychic - HS
2nd psychic - DP glyphed then HS
Black phase - GoAK then HS

2nd normal + black phase
1st psychic - HS
Black phase - AD then HS

3nd normal + black phase
1st psychic - HS
Black phase - Trinket (Fire of the Deep) then HS

4nd normal + black phase
1st psychic - HS
Black Phase we are soposed to nuke boss so about my calculations I will have:

GoAK after 5 secs
Trinket after 20 secs
AD after 45 secs

We didnt manage to get to 3rd black phase yet but as I said I noticed that 1st psychic drain is preaty low and manageble and getting 2nd just a bit ahad of going into black phase so poping DP for it and not getting that much dmg.
Tzuik

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:28 am

The point of having a cooldown rotation is primarily so that you can reduce the damage done by Psychic Drain. The point of doing that is to reduce the amount of healing that the boss gets so that you can prevent reaching the enrage timer.

Using Holy Shield for the first Psychic Drain of every set doesn't really accomplish any of that.
Belloc

Postby Phonic » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 am

Exactly what Belloc said. Personally I use glyphed DP for the first Psychic drain every time. Then I alternate Mirror + GoAK and Mirror + AD.

The key IMO is saving mirror for the 2nd psychic because you have a much higher chance to resist more. I am using the Prismatic elixir and and Shadow resist cloack enchant. That gets me to 705 resist when I hit mirror. I've resisted huge amounts of PDs with this setup. It's pretty nice.
Phonic

Postby Tzuik » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:26 am

Downed him yday with no major HP probs with this rotation of CD's:

start
1st NP = 40 sec
18 sec
HS - 30sec
20sec - PSY D
WoG
35 sec
GoAK - 3min
40sec - PSY D
1st BP = 30 sec
47 sec
DP - 1 min
70 sec
2nd NP = 40 sec
88 sec
HS - 30sec
90sec - PSY D
WoG
105sec
AD - 3min
110sec - PSY D
2nd BP = 30 sec
115sec
DP - 1 min
140 sec
3rd NP = 40 sec
158sec
HS - 30sec
160sec - PSY D
WoG
175 sec
Trinket - 1.5 min
180sec - PSY D
3rd BP = 30 sec
185 sec
DP - 1min
210 sec
4th NP = 40 sec 215 sec GoAK off CD - 265 sec Trinket off CD - 285 sec AD off CD
228 sec
HS - 30 sec
230sec - PSY D
WoG
245 sec
GoAK 3 min
250sec - PSY D
4th BP = NUKE
255 sec
DP - 1 min
265 sec
Trinket - 1.5 min