Holydin - PvE 4.2

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Holydin - PvE 4.2

Postby rodos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:58 pm

I had a priest heals zone in on Gunship last week in shadow form and stay that way the whole fight. She topped the dps meter. Nobody complained.

I wasn't joking about the /dance on Spine. In LFR there is almost zero damage on that fight, outside a few seconds when an amalg is at 9 stacks.
rodos

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:44 am

What little damage there is can likely be healed with shaman totems and spriest vampiric embrace.

The problem I come across is running out of mana if I try to "spam" to top the meters. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong, or I just need more spirit (see: Aleks in my sig.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby poptart » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:35 am

For LFR, I change a couple of little things with how I heal vs my normal 10-man:

#1: Change out the LoD glyph; 6 targets is better than 4 targets in 25-man.

#2: Change out of the Beacon glyph; there are so few tank swaps that your Beacon on the "MT" will almost always heal damage.

#3: Alternate Holy Radiance with LoD. Doing well on LFR healing meters is about healing "now" so it registers rather than healing "lots" because your heals will be sniped all the time. In AoE, I cast "HR-LoD-HR-LoD-HR-LoD" which is both much "quicker" to get healing pumpued out and is more mana-friendly than the traditional "HR-HR-HR-LoD" or "HR-HR-HS-LoD" cycle.

#4: I fully replace Divine Light with Flash of Light when needing to cast a single target cast time heal. Again, quick registers the heal, big just gets added to overhealing.

#5: I still end up doing those jobs that don't show well on healing meters (keep the ball bouncer alive on Zoz, focus heal the Focused Assault tank on Hargara, run and DPS slimes on Yor'shaj, soak up purple swirls on gunship) but I am still typically pretty competitive on healing done vs other LFR healers.

If your meter addon does not show absorbs along with healing, then you may also be getting a distorted picture of your output. With Skada, you can show "aborbs and healing" together and that often raises me from 3rd or 4th place if you look at pure healing to 1st or 2nd place when you add in absorbs.

Poptart
poptart

Postby poptart » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:40 am

Okay, what Haste level are people shooting for?

To frame the question, I devalue Crit to the point where I am refusing to equip any DS gear with Crit on it. The only exception to that rule is the Vagaries of Time that I won during week one of DS since there is not a good alternative to it (however, if the LFR Maw ever drops for me, I will equip that instead of the 397 Vagaries). However, I am not purchasing any VP gear with Crit on it and I am not equipping any drop that has crit on it; it is going to the off-spec Holy Paladin.

So, I am at about 3100 Spirit, 2400 Haste and around 800 Mastery rating. I am trying to decide where I want my Haste to be. I don't think there are any reliable breakpoints around that Haste level and I could not get to the 3,000 haste breakpoint even if I wanted to. I am trying to see if I want to drop 400-600 rating from Haste into Mastery to boost my shields if that would work or not. Cast times would only rise by 0.1 sec or around there.

Throughts? What are other people doing for gearing? Strict 10-man reg healer that is two healing some fights but three healing most fights.

Poptart
poptart

Postby rodos » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:17 pm

poptart wrote:focus heal the Focused Assault tank on Hargara

The number of LFR tanks that haven't worked out that you can walk out of Focused Assault astounds me.

poptart wrote:what Haste level are people shooting for

I'm still gearing for haste as my top secondary stat. The breakpoints aren't so meaningful any more, but I just like being able to get heals off quicker when I need to. It's probably doesn't make a real difference - 100ms here or there - but it's hard to make a break psychologically.

I agree that dropping some haste into mastery is probably a good idea. There's a few situations in DS where being able to drop a little more shielding could be handy, e.g. drop a DL on the tank before Hour of Twilight on Ultraxion or Impale on Madness. The question is, what balance point to choose? I'm tempted to go for an even 2.0s cast time on HL/DL/HR with raid buffs and then move into mastery. I'm just not really motivated to do it right now though, because our raid team fell apart :-/
rodos

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes