Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:43 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Amirya wrote:I just found it more amusing she's repeatedly /rw KICK THE SHAMAN, and the next votekick up was to boot her.

This kind of behaviour can be very "dangerous" for self in LFD/LFR.

I more often than not, when in group with someone dumb that keeps insulting me, initiate a votekick with written "noob <myclass>", the votekick goes through, and then suddently people realize they kicked someone else instead. (generally the retard)
It works in LFR as many people don't really read who is being kicked, just lemmingly press "yes". As result, they probably did intend to kick the shaman, without realizing they votekick was issued against the leader.

It takes like 10 people to vote to kick before it even initiates the pop-up, and you can't type anything into the reason block. Hell... I've seen people get kicked without ever receiving the pop-up (and I didn't vote to kick.)

It only takes 5 to get the popup.

What infuriates me is the dickwads who start kicking so they have a better chance at loot, or the raging hardcores that immediately kick the lowest dps because the healers caused a wipe. Or healers get kicked because tanks didn't taunt.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 am

Amirya wrote:Neither success nor frustration, but pretty damn funny to me.

In LFR on my shaman last night, and we wipe on Madness. Another healer calls for the 20k hunter to be kicked, and the leader keeps threatening to kick the healer if the hunter is kicked.

We kicked the hunter.

Then we kicked the leader.

What made it funny to me is that the leader had such an issue with the healer, who was #3 (I was #1). I had to commiserate with the healer. "She had it out for you bad, but her healing was as bad as her friend's dps."

Yes, the leader was also a healer, who was #6 out of 6 healers...by a huge margin. (I will see if I can post a pic of Skada for that fight later, if need be.)

Yep, idiots kicking the good people so they themselves don't get kicked.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Archeth » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:06 am

I've also seen disc priests kicked for "low healing" after wipes which were strictly the fault of DPS not doing their thing and some guys being downright AFK. In one case after a madness wipe on the far right island, the healer with the biggest e-peen kept listing Recount's "healing done" stats until the lowest healer (disc priest) was kicked. According to Skada's "absorbs & healing" he actually produced the same output as the next healer, and as someone said before, healing meters in LFR are pointless because there's so much heal sniping and AoE spamming going on, someone has to end up dead last.

Alright, that isn't really amusing...
Archeth

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 am

Here is an amusement for you. I healed a H:HOT run last night on my Shaman, and the group was so good, so awesome, so pro, that I ended up doing more damage done than healing from simple LB spam.
Shoju

Postby djlar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:31 am

I queued to H. WoE last night to cap VPs, I left my group amused, pulling 110K on some fights, on non buffed single target did 44K on Mannarot 180K (magistrate arc is awesome)

I usually better get the 30 min debuff on WoE because it's a bit boring but this group was good, although the second guy in DPS was doing a 3rd hehe..
djlar

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 am

Archeth wrote:I've also seen disc priests kicked for "low healing" after wipes which were strictly the fault of DPS not doing their thing and some guys being downright AFK. In one case after a madness wipe on the far right island, the healer with the biggest e-peen kept listing Recount's "healing done" stats until the lowest healer (disc priest) was kicked. According to Skada's "absorbs & healing" he actually produced the same output as the next healer, and as someone said before, healing meters in LFR are pointless because there's so much heal sniping and AoE spamming going on, someone has to end up dead last.

Alright, that isn't really amusing...

I did double check Skada for the Absorbs/Healing, the priest (who turned out to be disc) was still at the bottom of the list. I just...have nothing.

And in her case, she was kicked on purpose - one person said, "see ya" right after she kicked, then "aww." And another 4-5 people were all, "thank GOD."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby warden » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:08 pm

In the process waiting for a gm to fix a bugged-out friendly rhyolith....

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:11 pm

LOL! Let us know if you manage to recruit the GM. :D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 am

I'm pretty much the only one that runs a log in the raid. I tend to be spot on for logging the first night. It is the second night I tend to completely botch, which has fallen to a weird case of it affecting progression. If I log the second night we will never kill a progression boss, however if I don't log the second night we will kill a progression boss. Happened once again last night where we got two new bosses down in Dragon Soul and I wasn't running a log.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Archeth » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Run LoggerHead so you'll always be successful from now on :p
Archeth

Postby Sagara » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:45 am

Matticus' latest blog was lol-worthy, and I couldn't help but picture that with the yellow-ish MMO-Champ background.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby benebarba » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:02 am

walked into the bank on my main, get a /whistle... turn to see it's from another pally wearing the purple T-2 recolor with titansteel shieldwall. /cheer and we get whispering back and forth about other items to round out the look. In walks a third pally wearing the same thing. We all /gasp and I mention that now I'll have to go change my dress.

good times :D
benebarba

Postby Levantine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 am

I also noticed that my LFR Maw of the Dragonlord was 11% of my healing done on that fights. Like. Huh?
Levantine

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:10 am

Waiting for a BH group to get going last night, we couldn't find another tank, and I jokingly said that my tank gear, and my skill were so OP that I could probably just solo tank it.

Well, we fill the group, get going, and kill Alizabal. I raged afterwards because the other tank (I thought the ele shaman in mogged gear was the Cow Tank).

Everyone LOLed, and the Raid Leader said "Don't make jokes you aren't prepared to run with!"

It was at that point I realized what had happened. Oi. I'm a dork.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:16 am

I love tmog junkies. There's a guy in Trade offering 10k for certain green items that looked like they had a 0.2% droprate on Wowhead. I didn't really have anything to do so I figured why not. Head over to Silithus and on my 15th bug kill the boots he was after dropped. Easiest 10k ever.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General