Remove Advertisements

Prometheus by Ridley Scott

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Prometheus by Ridley Scott

Postby twinkfist » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:14 am

so, i was watching the trailer again today because it is basically one of the best trailers i've ever seen.

during the trailer, i think that they show a space jockey...it's around the 44 second mark of the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU

the reason i'm saying that is because in the first movie, you could see that the space jockey was much bigger than the humans...and this dude looks in someone reasonable proportion to that chair.
twinkfist

Re: Prometheus by Ridley Scott

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:39 am

I was excited when I saw Noomi Rapace was in it (loved her in the original Girl With (etc) movies; we mainlined the trilogy one Saturday evening -- she was credible in the Sherlock Holmes movie as well, and a considerable improvement over that other actress), then disgusted when I saw Charlize Theron is also in it (I don't know that I've ever not hated her character in anything she's ever done).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:47 am

I noticed the Space Jockey as well. It has to be by design. Very cool. :D
Kelaan

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Promethus started out as an unnamed Alien prequel. As it matured and more information was released it was lessened as a direct prequel to the franchise and not feature the Alien design but would still factor into the Alien universe.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby twinkfist » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:23 pm

i think it's going to be interesting to get some information on the space jockey. the belief was that they were going to have trunks like elephants...but i believe that it's just a space suit...and that the giant dude on the right side is what the space jockey's are...just an incredibly advanced race...that created humans in their likeness.

i'm also interested to see where are from...or if they were created by the space jockeys for warfare or repopulating a planet (xeno's wipe everything out and then the space jockeys repopulate the planet).
twinkfist

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Some of the Dark Horse Aliens stories deal with their history in some conjectured manner.

But this summer has two movies I want to see, more than any summer in a long time.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby twinkfist » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 pm

i'm looking forward to this, avengers, tdkr, spider-man (lizard is one of my favorite villains)...and then the hobbit around christmas.

my dad hates the movies...but if there is one movie i can probably drag him to see...it will be the hobbit.
twinkfist

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:37 am

I think it will be viewed as a prequel no matter what anyone says. I personally just want to know who/what the Navigator/Jockey is and what relevance LV-426 has.

It has been announced recently that Aliens are in the film, although that isn't a shock to me considering there is the massive egg chamber in the trailer.

Looks like a good year for film.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby tullock » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:29 am

One of the key reasons for the corporation not beleiving Ripley about the ship filled with eggs was that humanity had never come in contact with any kind of sentient life, anywhere, in all of their colonization... So i really dont see how a prequel about different aliens can work. Not that im not looking forward to the movie, it looks like a great time, i just dont see how it can be a prequel.
tullock
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:54 am

I'm looking forward to this quite a bit, and yeah I love the trailer. We actually just sat down and started to work through Alien Legacy this weekend, because Nika has never seen them. \o/ She's like "but sigourney weaver is ugly" I'm like "well there is a cat in it too."

As for being a prequel:

"[Prometheus] was originally intended as a prequel to Ridley Scott's Alien, but Scott decided to turn it into an original film with Noomi Rapace (who was already set to star in the prequel) still in the cast as one of five main characters. Some time later however it was confirmed that while the movie will take place in the same universe as Alien, and greatly reference that movie, it will, for the bigger part, be an original movie and not a direct prequel. "

pretty much what Bara said, imo. The trailer has the same type of ship as the crashed one from the first movie, crashing, (assumedly) piloted by the same kind of big space jokey dude thing from the first movie.
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 am

Invisusira wrote:We actually just sat down and started to work through Alien Legacy this weekend, because Nika has never seen them. \o/ She's like "but sigourney weaver is ugly" I'm like "well there is a cat in it too."

JONESSSSSS!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:50 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Invisusira wrote:We actually just sat down and started to work through Alien Legacy this weekend, because Nika has never seen them. \o/ She's like "but sigourney weaver is ugly" I'm like "well there is a cat in it too."

JONESSSSSS!

Only a cat could get half the crew killed and be meh about it. They should have flamer'ed it at the start.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 am

Jones took up residence in the neutral inn in Dalaran after Aliens.

WoW and the Alien universe are the same.
Flex

Postby Barathorn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:57 am

Flex wrote:Jones took up residence in the neutral inn in Dalaran after Aliens.

WoW and the Alien universe are the same.

I concur as I have seen plenty of people in WoW standing in acid and dying just like the Aliens universe.

I do feel like quoting Vasquez to Gorman at them but I know it would be wasted on window lickers.

Barathorn

Postby crazyharry » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:33 am

tullock wrote:One of the key reasons for the corporation not beleiving Ripley about the ship filled with eggs was that humanity had never come in contact with any kind of sentient life, anywhere, in all of their colonization... So i really dont see how a prequel about different aliens can work. Not that im not looking forward to the movie, it looks like a great time, i just dont see how it can be a prequel.

<tinfoilhat>

Never come into contact with sentient life could also mean... they have but no one survived to talk about it!!!!111eleven!

</tinfoilhat>
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum