Coming in Patch 4.3.2 -- Cross-Realm Raids

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Coming in Patch 4.3.2 -- Cross-Realm Raids

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:13 am

Treck wrote:Altho, does it allow for crossrealm gold transfer?
Or do you mean by out of game currency?

I'm talking about putting a "for sale" button on your site, collecting "currency of some sort", and RealID friending the person and taking them through for gear, Achieves, and Mounts.

Of Course, you are selling them something else, like access to a part of your website or something, so that it is legit by Blizzard's Terms, but it's being done so that you can make money off of boosting willing participants through current raids.
Shoju

Postby warden » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:22 am

twinkfist wrote:well, if you are talking about people from availed...the guild is dead right now. just about everyone left or quit for star wars.

Nope, although it really surprises me you even remember me being there! I do stay in contact with a couple of those guys, but most I haven't seen since I left Anvilmar. In this case, I actually meant my old casual guild that I was in for a couple years prior to moving my pally.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 am

hahaha...hard to forget your name. i remember i went to icc with you when you were tanking for remem...something. fabiola was someone i knew from that guild and brought me along for the ride.
twinkfist

Postby warden » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:33 am

WHAT? You were on Anvilmar? Omg... mind... broken.

Fabi (her druid, Antwerp was in Remem) is one of the ones I'll enjoy seeing again... she's still the single nicest person I've ever met on WoW. Remembrance died at the very end of Wrath when I burned out hard and quit raiding/tanking for a while. Most of the guildies are still happily playing in Ontogney or Reverb though.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:57 am

hahaha...still am too. was part of one shot, complete disregard, silver knights, rend and then availed.

fabi was in my really old guild that struggled with curator. i still talk to her here and there...usually she and someone else i used to run with...myamoto ask me here and there to tank a heroic for them if they need an alt run through something.

they are still raiding...most guilds are for the most part. i think ravage is still raiding.
twinkfist

Postby warden » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Now I'm REALLY curious who you are. Ravage is gone now, but Voracity is trying to get going again (they almost died in early Cata). I remember One Shot and CD, but wasn't in either... were you in ROI back in the day by chance?; I was recruited into Availed by Eze & Ando to tank H LK for them, but ret just wasn't viable for 10 man in 4.0...
Last I heard Eze and Ando ragequit on H Al'Akir, although apparently the guild made another try of it later in firelands... Still talk with Quarter here and there; he's the only one I see on WoW a lot though. My hunter is still on Anvilmar (GM toon for Remembrance), but he doesn't raid. All 9 other toons made the trip to Whisperwind with me.

warden
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:27 pm

i came into ROI when durkon, their pally tank, quit when he was being a shitbag in ssc during tidewalker and his murloc add's and one of the rogue officers told him he would come to his house and kick his ass. then aexdawg, ez, superreaper, zeussix (known as x for his hunter xerunias or whatever) and mastashake recruited me for the pally tank job in bc. was with them all the way up till one shot died and then split up. then quit for like 6 months...came back, joined a couple guilds...went back to one shot.

then ez left...came back...left, came back. they tried for firelands but then left for some horde guild on hyjal...then when that big break between 4.2 and 4.3 happened just about everyone left for star wars.

so basically, experi, myself, nicel (recruit who just stayed) and a couple other people log on and play. some left for voracity, affirmitive action, roshambo and others.
twinkfist

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:10 pm

warden wrote:Now I'm REALLY curious who you are. Ravage is gone now, but Voracity is trying to get going again (they almost died in early Cata). I remember One Shot and CD, but wasn't in either... were you in ROI back in the day by chance?; I was recruited into Availed by Eze & Ando to tank H LK for them, but ret just wasn't viable for 10 man in 4.0...
Last I heard Eze and Ando ragequit on H Al'Akir, although apparently the guild made another try of it later in firelands... Still talk with Quarter here and there; he's the only one I see on WoW a lot though. My hunter is still on Anvilmar (GM toon for Remembrance), but he doesn't raid. All 9 other toons made the trip to Whisperwind with me.

I'm guessing Stoic called it quits too? I remember in late BC Stoic was really our only competition when I was in Voracity aside from Satellite who was basically on life support at the time and Ravage. I almost went back when I saw they were rebuilding during T12 but I just don't have the drive for progression raiding anymore which is a shame because I had some of the best times raiding in this game with those guys. :\
Teranoid

Postby warden » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Yep, Stoic died in BC, and so did Satellite. Most of Stoic's members server xfered, went casual, or ended up in Voracity/Ravage/Complete Disregard (which was a lot of old One Shot/ROI members). I had a couple of the people that went casual from both Stoic and Satellite end up in Remembrance on low-profile alts mostly just raiding in our non-progression stuff or Tart's pugs, but they're all gone now.

warden
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:13 am

warden wrote:Yep, Stoic died in BC, and so did Satellite. Most of Stoic's members server xfered, went casual, or ended up in Voracity/Ravage/Complete Disregard (which was a lot of old One Shot/ROI members). I had a couple of the people that went casual from both Stoic and Satellite end up in Remembrance on low-profile alts mostly just raiding in our non-progression stuff or Tart's pugs, but they're all gone now.

i'm trying to think who still shows up...wiggle/wolfbiker shows up every once in a while to try and get me to go to star wars. tanook is pretty much gone for good..as is aexdawg.

i actually ended up in a pug lfr with avalon last night...didn't recognize any of the names except for scarletta who has been around since bc.

honestly, i really don't recognize many people right now...don't really do any pugtart raids or anything such as that anymore. shit, i haven't even seen the new boss in BH because i don't really care all that much.

our 10 man was doing pretty well until we downed rag on reg...then everyone kind of treated it like, "okay, well...we don't feel like doing heroics...sooooooo"...and then dead.
twinkfist

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:57 am

i am actually looking forward to this and running some old content with former guildies i still talk to on my old realm

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Previous

Return to General