Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:05 am

Doubt it is soloable, the fire debuff hurts too much.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:11 am

Worldie wrote:Doubt it is soloable, the fire debuff hurts too much.

I'm a Death Knight. I laugh at your Fire Debuff. AND you can time throwing the totems, so that he never pulverizes the platform he lands on, thus never ending up with the fire debuff, Or at least significantly cutting down how much he has it.

The big question becomes, what happens if and when you run out of platforms.

I think I also want to try Archbishop, and possibly Jaina, I will need help for her trash though.
Shoju

Postby poptart » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 am

Shoju wrote:I soloed Asira Dawnslayer again. I'm thinking I'm going to try and Solo The Moo Cow in End Time next.

That could be brutal with always getting totem dumped, always having your island break apart AND having to deal with the debuff. Can you clear away a magic debuff with AMS?

What happens if you get all 4 islands broken and you are now swimming in lava with multipe stacks of the debuff because your DPS is not high enough to down him quicker?

Poptart
poptart

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 am

poptart wrote:
Shoju wrote:I soloed Asira Dawnslayer again. I'm thinking I'm going to try and Solo The Moo Cow in End Time next.

That could be brutal with always getting totem dumped, always having your island break apart AND having to deal with the debuff. Can you clear away a magic debuff with AMS?

What happens if you get all 4 islands broken and you are now swimming in lava with multipe stacks of the debuff because your DPS is not high enough to down him quicker?

Poptart

1.) Totem drops should be the only time that I'm in the lava, as I should be able to time the totems to stun him as he jumps for pulverize, stunning him, and making him not break the platforms. I also have IBF, AMS, Army of the Dead (both cast time, and time the ghouls tank him) to help mitigate the fire debuff.

2.) AMS won't 'clear' it, the way bubble will, but timing its use during swings, can seriously mitigate how many stacks I get, and how much damage I take, combine that with it only being applied on successful swing, and I can use DRW for that, and possible wear 4t12 to lengthen the time that my avoidance sits around 50%.

3.) I worry about being able to do things often enough, right enough, that I can get him down before the 4 platforms break. it is very much a timing type of thing with the totem throws on him for pulverize, and I'm curious what he will do if I pull him to shore.

Again, I'm not saying I can Solo him, but I'm thinking about giving it the good ol college try
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:29 am

The jump is on a timer, if he is stunned when the timer is set to go off he wont jump. At least in my experience.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:48 am

Flex wrote:The jump is on a timer, if he is stunned when the timer is set to go off he wont jump. At least in my experience.

I didn't know that. I know that I've stunned him 'in the air' and it has happened. Good tip.
Shoju

Postby poptart » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 am

Shoju wrote:and I'm curious what he will do if I pull him to shore.

I don't believe you can get to shore. A "fire wall" goes up when you engage that is "just" short of the shore and prevents you from getting up on the shore, I believe.

Once the 4 islands go, that is it and you are in the lava.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Amirya » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Neither success nor frustration, but pretty damn funny to me.

In LFR on my shaman last night, and we wipe on Madness. Another healer calls for the 20k hunter to be kicked, and the leader keeps threatening to kick the healer if the hunter is kicked.

We kicked the hunter.

Then we kicked the leader.

What made it funny to me is that the leader had such an issue with the healer, who was #3 (I was #1). I had to commiserate with the healer. "She had it out for you bad, but her healing was as bad as her friend's dps."

Yes, the leader was also a healer, who was #6 out of 6 healers...by a huge margin. (I will see if I can post a pic of Skada for that fight later, if need be.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Baine is completely, utterly totally, soloable. I worked on it Sunday morning, and was closing in on getting it done, but then the instances reset on me, and I was unable to get him to spawn again :(

I'm considering Recording the kill.

It was very amusing when after 90 minutes of being in End Time, a guildie was like... "That has to be the worst run ever right?" And I had to explain that I was soloing Baine. The hardest part was finding a good spot to stand for the totem smash. The Shortest distance is with your back facing the cave
Shoju

Postby mavfin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Amirya wrote:
Yes, the leader was also a healer, who was #6 out of 6 healers...by a huge margin. (I will see if I can post a pic of Skada for that fight later, if need be.)

Of course, healing meters are such crap in LFR, anyway. We had a druid as #1 the other night, spamming tranquility on cooldown, running HoTs on everyone he could as much as possible, and a pally healer that didn't cast really anything but radiance, who was #2. With all that going on, I healed spikes, did whack-a-mole on stuff, beaconed one of the tanks, dispelled on fights that needed it,(which #1 and #2 weren't doing) and ended up #4.

So, yeah, healing meters are not really indicative of the quality much of the time. Anyone can spam AoE and overheal and top the meters. With my pally on the first half of LFR, most of the time I can stand and melee the boss for mana, so I could spam Radiance and Divine Light and top meters pretty easily w/o mana issues, and not be worth crap as a healer in the end.

(Not saying your assessment wasn't right in this case, Amirya.)
--Mav
mavfin

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:24 pm

i love being called a crap healer when i am #3 or 4 on over all healing, but i have dps over me on overhealing and the top healers are like 30%+ over heals...ie the amount of healing they are above me on overall
oh and being one of the only healers with mana in P2 on madness (yay for being smart, using mana tide, and tel currents now that i am specced into it!)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 pm

No, you're quite right, and I was kind of baffled as to how I was #1 when I get these weird and bizarre lag spikes (AGAIN!).

I also don't particularly care about healing meters if the numbers are close, or "close enough." But in this case...her healing was something like 8% (I'm at work, so I can't verify, and I'm pretty sure I didn't clear Skada).

I just found it more amusing she's repeatedly /rw KICK THE SHAMAN, and the next votekick up was to boot her.

Edit: Oh shit, just realised the priest and the hunter are on my server. Ignore list!
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:18 am

Amirya wrote:I just found it more amusing she's repeatedly /rw KICK THE SHAMAN, and the next votekick up was to boot her.

This kind of behaviour can be very "dangerous" for self in LFD/LFR.

I more often than not, when in group with someone dumb that keeps insulting me, initiate a votekick with written "noob <myclass>", the votekick goes through, and then suddently people realize they kicked someone else instead. (generally the retard)
It works in LFR as many people don't really read who is being kicked, just lemmingly press "yes". As result, they probably did intend to kick the shaman, without realizing they votekick was issued against the leader.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:25 am

bldavis wrote:but i have dps over me on overhealing and the top healers are like 30%+ over heals...ie the amount of healing they are above me on overall

Don't most healing meters automatically ignore overheal now? I thought Recount did, anyway. I honestly don't remember though, as I can't remember the last time I looked at healing meters that closely (for all the reasons you and Ami mentioned - healing the most is not the same as healing the right people).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 am

Worldie wrote:
Amirya wrote:I just found it more amusing she's repeatedly /rw KICK THE SHAMAN, and the next votekick up was to boot her.

This kind of behaviour can be very "dangerous" for self in LFD/LFR.

I more often than not, when in group with someone dumb that keeps insulting me, initiate a votekick with written "noob <myclass>", the votekick goes through, and then suddently people realize they kicked someone else instead. (generally the retard)
It works in LFR as many people don't really read who is being kicked, just lemmingly press "yes". As result, they probably did intend to kick the shaman, without realizing they votekick was issued against the leader.

It takes like 10 people to vote to kick before it even initiates the pop-up, and you can't type anything into the reason block. Hell... I've seen people get kicked without ever receiving the pop-up (and I didn't vote to kick.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General