[Prot Warrior] Newly Ding Level 85 gear...

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Prot Warrior] Newly Ding Level 85 gear...

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:00 am

Aren't the shoulder enchants BoA? Or is that only the head enchants? Cause that might save you some rep grinding, especially if you've got alternatives for the rings (which it appears you do.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:06 am

Skye1013 wrote:Aren't the shoulder enchants BoA? Or is that only the head enchants? Cause that might save you some rep grinding, especially if you've got alternatives for the rings (which it appears you do.)

Only the helm enchants are BoA. I'm currently finishing up all of Deepholm on my 9th character just to pick up the tabard. Kind of a bit sick of the zone by now.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby poptart » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:11 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Aren't the shoulder enchants BoA? Or is that only the head enchants? Cause that might save you some rep grinding, especially if you've got alternatives for the rings (which it appears you do.)

Only the helm enchants are BoA. I'm currently finishing up all of Deepholm on my 9th character just to pick up the tabard. Kind of a bit sick of the zone by now.

I think the head enchants ARE BoA BUT I don't think you can USE them if you don't have the required Rep.

It just makes it easier to have someone buy 2 or 3 of them when at the QM and send them around instead of having to parade every toon over to the QM.

If I am wrong then WOOT! I don't have to go quest in Vash (which I find VERY annoying).

Poptart
poptart

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:20 am

poptart wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

I think the head enchants ARE BoA BUT I don't think you can USE them if you don't have the required Rep.

It just makes it easier to have someone buy 2 or 3 of them when at the QM and send them around instead of having to parade every toon over to the QM.

If I am wrong then WOOT! I don't have to go quest in Vash (which I find VERY annoying).

Poptart

Yep, you're wrong.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/q ... eputation/

That's my druid, and it's linked to her rep. She's neutral with Avengers of Hyjal but wearing the helm enchant from them.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby poptart » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:05 am

Nikachelle wrote:Yep, you're wrong.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/q ... eputation/

That's my druid, and it's linked to her rep. She's neutral with Avengers of Hyjal but wearing the helm enchant from them.

Well, that is good news! Makes the 80-85 questing much less needed!

Guardians.....Avengers.....who is counting! :)

Poptart
poptart

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:10 am

Oh right. Oops. I meant Guardians of Hyjal.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby poptart » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 am

[UPDATE]

Living Embers were down to 400 gold per on my realm so I picked up 8 in order to have the Mirrored Boots and Eternal Elementium Handguards crafted. Am mining all the rest of the Elementium I need in order to have the other crafted gear made.

Ran my first BG for honor, got 40ish HKs and still ended up only earning 35 honor since we did not win the match. Realized that it was going to be a LONG road to earning 2,200 Honor Points, went to WowHead to see if there was any alternative to that helm, scrolled down the list, saw the Reinforced Bio-Optic Killshades, said to myself "damn, only Engineers can make those" and went on my way.

Yes, it took me 3 minutes to realized that this toon WAS an Engineer and that I would be able to get these.

So, when I put my proposed toon in CharDev, it would not let me socket two identical Cogwheels in the helm. Does each Cogwhell need to be unique or can you put two Mastery Cogwheels in the helm?

If I can find the 359 BoE tank shoulders, CharDev returned a toon that had 31% avoidance and 90.05% CTC as a newly dinged level 85. That is with two 346 rings and two 333 trinkets. Lots of room to do better in those slots.

Poptart
poptart

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 am

Yeah, cogwheels are unique, so you need to put two different gems in; the cogwheels are really just Blizzard's solution to having to itemise the goggles for different specs - they have two secondary stats like every item in Cataclysm, but you get to choose what those stats are.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby lythac » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:46 am

poptart wrote:So, when I put my proposed toon in CharDev, it would not let me socket two identical Cogwheels in the helm. Does each Cogwhell need to be unique or can you put two Mastery Cogwheels in the helm?

Cogwheels are unique-equipped.

Should be a pretty decent way for you to balance your dodge and parry (taking into account HtL) as you can swing it by 416 rating.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby poptart » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 am

lythac wrote:
poptart wrote:So, when I put my proposed toon in CharDev, it would not let me socket two identical Cogwheels in the helm. Does each Cogwhell need to be unique or can you put two Mastery Cogwheels in the helm?

Cogwheels are unique-equipped.

Should be a pretty decent way for you to balance your dodge and parry (taking into account HtL) as you can swing it by 416 rating.

Indeed.

I suspect that for a Prot Warrior where Parry is always going to be a bit more valued than Dodge that the proper combo is going to be Mastery/parry 99% of the time.

My "paper napkin" numbers show that after I get the Thrall quest cloak and enchant it, I will be at 3,451 Mastery rating, 1,324 Parry and 921 Dodge rating for a ratio of 1.43 Parry to Dodge.

That ratio is about perfect for that level of Mastery.

I think it is somewhat crazy that I can reach 90% CTC within an hour of dinging level 85. Granted, I will probably have put about 10k gold into the gear ahead of time but to be able to jump into the 4.3 5-man heroics with only one PvP piece (chest) is pretty great.

Poptart
poptart

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes