Remove Advertisements

Heroic Black Stalker - Underbog

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby spiky_porcupine » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:30 pm

Way to avoid levitate is be under a mushroom. There's one at the entrace of the room, I think 2nd or 1st one to the left of the wall that is tall enough for you to be under. Jump to make sure u're under the mushroom and can't move.

So pull, and run below that mushroom, and even if you get levitated, the boss will stick on you as the mushroom pushes you down :) Worked 100% for me now.
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Pizbit » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:28 pm

I had an odd bug in the fight last night on my hunter.
Don't know if I was receiving cleanses from the pallies but anyway...
He'd instead of just lifting me up, lift me and swing me around a little, then put me down, while still levitating me.
Ended up I could fly around the room as I wanted :D
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Cynnammon » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:27 am

Pizbit wrote:I had an odd bug in the fight last night on my hunter.
Don't know if I was receiving cleanses from the pallies but anyway...
He'd instead of just lifting me up, lift me and swing me around a little, then put me down, while still levitating me.
Ended up I could fly around the room as I wanted :D

I had that happen tonight as well to me. We spent forever trying to down this boss. Half the time I was levitated, I stayed up, even after a cleanse. Granted, this is the first full heroic that we ran as a group, so we were all a bit undergeared (I probably had the best gear out of everybody, and the ret pally in the group was a close second). Due to lack of guildies on at starting time, we ended up having a group of all melee dps, which seriously hurt us during the last boss fight. The ret pally ended up jumping on his mage to help burn the boss down more quickly.

Interesting thing happened during our last (and successful) attempt, and we're not sure exactly why. Zero adds spawned during the entire fight. We don't know if it was the placement of the boss, or if something in general just got bugged, or what. Maybe Blizz felt sorry for us for trying so many times. :D
Last edited by Cynnammon on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cynnammon

Postby Pizbit » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:32 am

When and how often the adds spawn is random, had 3 sets before, had none.
Pizbit

Postby Cynnammon » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:03 am

Hmm, didn't know this. We were under the assumption after doing a bit of research that they always spawned at some point.

Good to know for future reference though.
Cynnammon

Postby Dianora » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:13 am

spiky_porcupine wrote:Way to avoid levitate is be under a mushroom. There's one at the entrace of the room, I think 2nd or 1st one to the left of the wall that is tall enough for you to be under. Jump to make sure u're under the mushroom and can't move.

So pull, and run below that mushroom, and even if you get levitated, the boss will stick on you as the mushroom pushes you down :) Worked 100% for me now.

It worked for me up to the last 5%, and Black Stalker pull me out of the mushroom and toss me 30 feet away from him. I had to pop divine shield to get out of that, and run back. By the time I got back, it's dead.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby jevchance » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:39 am

My first try last night. We wiped four times on stalker. On the fifth try, I tanked him in the little alcove to the right just as you enter his room. No levitates, no adds, just dps. It was awesome.

Anyone else tank him here that can confirm its a good spot?
jevchance

Postby Arcand » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:44 pm

I hug the left wall, and pull him back into the tunnel as far as I can get away with without him evading. That isn't very far but it keeps us in the area with the lower ceiling so you don't have such bad range problems when people are levitated.

Putting a healer under one of the aforementioned mushrooms helps, too.

If you have melee DPS, let them know that he always(?) pops off a chain lightning in the first 5 seconds of the fight, and they can help the healer by not eating it.
Arcand

Postby Canuun » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:20 pm

I've done this probably 10-12 times in the past few weeks, and I've noticed that most of the time the boss never spawns adds. We don't burn him down before they appear, they just never come. 2 or 3 of those attempts we had adds, the rest I as just tanking him in the middle of the room, and nothing spawned. Anyone seen anything similar recently?
Canuun

Postby digaum2003 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:08 am

jevchance wrote:My first try last night. We wiped four times on stalker. On the fifth try, I tanked him in the little alcove to the right just as you enter his room. No levitates, no adds, just dps. It was awesome.

Anyone else tank him here that can confirm its a good spot?

I was about to post that, and I'm sure it's gonna save a BUNCH of our fellows tankadins :D
I tanked BS about 10 times now, including the 3 heroics, and he's VERY easy if you have enough DPS.
Just stand on the "hole" on the right wall, by the entrance and he even casts his levitate, but you won't go anywhere, and you can keep pwning his face with consecrate, seals, normal hits and whatever :D
Not sure if it's a bug, or if it was meant to be like that, but the point here is: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!
Just stand on the hole on the wall and make your party happy ;)
They might even /bow to you in the end, after you show them this tactic :D

Good luck on your next try, and just ignore adds and pwn DPS the boss ;)
digaum2003

Postby Arcand » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:36 am

You do mean inside its room on the right? The only thing in that
area which I'd consider an alcove is on the right side just before (outside)
the entrance to the boss room.
Arcand

Postby digaum2003 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 am

Arcand wrote:You do mean inside its room on the right? The only thing in that
area which I'd consider an alcove is on the right side just before (outside)
the entrance to the boss room.

Yeah, the alcove as soon as you turn the corner for the boss' room. Pull him and go tank inside the alcove ;)

Good Luck
digaum2003

Postby Kinrain » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:02 am

We did Heroic UB the other night and can confirm that standing under the second set of mushrooms on the left as you enter his area works a treat.

You might get levitated but stay at ground level so can maintain aggro and stay in healing range. We just ignored the adds because the preist swears blind that if you kill one 3 replace it, can anyone confirm this?

UB + Heroic = Free BoJ x 4
Kinrain

Postby Pizbit » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:18 pm

Kinrain wrote:We did Heroic UB the other night and can confirm that standing under the second set of mushrooms on the left as you enter his area works a treat.

You might get levitated but stay at ground level so can maintain aggro and stay in healing range. We just ignored the adds because the preist swears blind that if you kill one 3 replace it, can anyone confirm this?

UB + Heroic = Free BoJ x 4

I can't, but several sets of adds can spawn even when you solely nuke the boss, if you tried killing the adds you'd probably have a much much longer fight with everyone OOM.
Pizbit

Postby Arcand » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Yinramu wrote:I've found they spawn too quickly to be dealt with effectively.

The WoWhead writeup on this fight, which some of us consulted when we first met this evil boss,
used to say* that for every add you kill, two more spawn.

I have no idea if that's true, because everybody just grits their teeth and ignores the adds,
but I would bet that claim influenced the strategies that some people came up with and continue to use.

* Still does. And the comment has a +13 rating, making it green, making it eye-catching to new visitors.
Arcand

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics