Remove Advertisements

Normal 5mans and tankadins

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Normal 5mans and tankadins

Postby Basseman » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:46 am

Hey all!
Recently, I made a post on eu-paladin forum, wich I regret now since the people there are a disgrace to the paladins.

My issue is quite simple, mana problems in normal 5mans (and I guess heroics in short when I get some bettger gear) and I wonder, if there's any other way than Downgearing&Pulling more mobs (there are instances were you cant pull enough mobs, due to various effects such as fear/mortal strike/silence etc) but mostly those 2 options works.
At the moment Im using righteous parts for setbonuses and spelldamage rings etc for 5mans, to maintain a low mana usage while taking more damage.

Ive tanked most heroic dungeuons&Whole karazhan alone, except for Netherspite&Crone were we had an offtank, and this was with a raid with all pre-kz gear. And Im only using 136 spelldamage, and being able to keep 800~ TPS on most bosses.

The OP @ eu board looks like: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 5488&sid=1

But it has to many useless posts, thats why Im coming here, wondering if there's any better tips than just pulling more&downgearing for spelldamage&lower mitigation?
Basseman

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:42 am

Mail with MP5 and spell damage tends to work really well for that.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Basseman » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:49 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Mail with MP5 and spell damage tends to work really well for that.

Basicly, downgearing is only sulotion? Sucks imo, but guess I'll have to live with it. Spamming X (standard key for Sit) to get a crit might work, tho would look funny:P
Basseman
Basseman

Postby ulushnar » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:22 am

Well what do you expect? It's a problem for any tanking class when they start to outgear the content they're tanking. Warriors suffer similarly from Rage starvation in content they outgear, but unlike us, they don't have the luxury of strapping on more Int/MP5/Spelldamage and downranking their abilities.

These days I hardly ever use max rank Consecrate unless I'm tanking a real heavy hitter. I even had a couple of mana droughts when I tanked Magtheridon last night.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Staurol » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:59 pm

For 5 mans, heroics and even most of Kara at this point I'm in my spelldamage set, so I can take more damage and still manage to put out a large amount of threat to help plow through some stuff. PVP gear and various other blues work well for this. I've also turned my back to plenty of mobs before (no blocks, no parries, a lot less mitigation). You take a lot more damage, hence more healing, hence more mana.

I never thought about repeatedly sitting tho, that's rather amusing.
You can call me Stroll
<Dirt Dogs> - Eredar
Staurol

Postby Taoden » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:57 am

I use seal + judgement of wisdom in normal 5 mans. If you load up on spell damage, you shouldn't have any trouble with aggro. I only have the 239 from my gladiator's gavel and that's plenty for keeping aggro in most normal 5 man PUGs.
Taoden

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics