[10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby jekoh » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Valhuur wrote:We did some explorative pulls late last night and I'm seeing a lot more melee damage then I anticipated. What would be recommended, glyphed DP for Psychic drain, or unglyphed for high stacks boss damage. Was running both the glyph and the mirror last night :).


Maybe I'm doing wrong as we (my guild) suxx a bit on this boss but I prefer to have the DP glyphed but not for psychic drain but for black phase

Some who have the sindragosa trinket ( my bad I erased it long time ago confusing it with a blue relic) used it on the first psychic drain and the tol barad trinket on the 2nd one.

So for myself I use magic resistance elixir and 225 mastery, I have +20 shadow enchant for back instead of +250 armor

For the rotation I do :

1st psychic drain tol barad trinket
2nd psychic drain GOAK + WOG + sacred shield
black phase with DP glyphed

1st psychic drain tol barad trinket
2nd psychic drain AD + WOG + sacred shield
black phase with DP glyphed

and I repeat
jekoh
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby d07.RiV » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:06 am

If you can time glyphed DP for drain, it should be good for reducing healing, which can make managing the enrage that much easier (we're still getting sub-million wipes on our repeated kills, so I'm guessing its not uncommon to get this close). We've only used a bear since I'm healing, and he's been taking some 100k-ish hits towards the end of white phase, but this shouldn't be an issue for paladins if you save holy shield for the last 10 seconds. For the dark phase, it depends on your strategy and healer allocations, but the tank shouldn't be in much danger compared to others (who have a much lower health pool).
So I'd say glyph+mirror is the way to go (also we used aura mastery for the 6th orb bounce on melee, and it incidentally reduced drain damage on the tank).
Image
d07.RiV
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Valhuur » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Killed it on our proper progress night in very little pulls, using 7-7-5-5. Sorting raidhealing & raidhealing cooldowns was a larger concern then tankhealing I think :) On the enrage though, so close... (used trinket and glyph as before)

One of the interesting tidbits I was wondering about; we zerged boss on last black phase with adds up, so I was on the claw using HoR to hit the boss a bit. I wonder if the claw will be 'untanked' if I switch that around, bringing in quite a bit of boss DPS to ease up on that enrage.
Valhuur protection paladin
Valhuur
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby madmessias » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:26 am

Valhuur wrote:Killed it on our proper progress night in very little pulls, using 7-7-5-5. Sorting raidhealing & raidhealing cooldowns was a larger concern then tankhealing I think :) On the enrage though, so close... (used trinket and glyph as before)

One of the interesting tidbits I was wondering about; we zerged boss on last black phase with adds up, so I was on the claw using HoR to hit the boss a bit. I wonder if the claw will be 'untanked' if I switch that around, bringing in quite a bit of boss DPS to ease up on that enrage.

Everyone stack up on boss except for you, you are at the Claw, you just get some aggro on it then start using ranged attacks on the boss, and when he comes for you everyone follow. You can change fast to the boss, no need to hit the claw after a few crus strikes.
madmessias
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:45 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Bellante » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:15 am

madmessias wrote:
Valhuur wrote:Killed it on our proper progress night in very little pulls, using 7-7-5-5. Sorting raidhealing & raidhealing cooldowns was a larger concern then tankhealing I think :) On the enrage though, so close... (used trinket and glyph as before)

One of the interesting tidbits I was wondering about; we zerged boss on last black phase with adds up, so I was on the claw using HoR to hit the boss a bit. I wonder if the claw will be 'untanked' if I switch that around, bringing in quite a bit of boss DPS to ease up on that enrage.

Everyone stack up on boss except for you, you are at the Claw, you just get some aggro on it then start using ranged attacks on the boss, and when he comes for you everyone follow. You can change fast to the boss, no need to hit the claw after a few crus strikes.


You sure about this? On the tooltip it says that if noone is ATTACKING the claw, it will start nuking people.

We killed this last night using the "all stack in melee" tactic, which in effect just means that everyone shares the damage, you dont actually all have to be right in melee. Will be posting a vid later, likely, with nice Danish speech that noone will understand.
Bellante
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:47 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Valhuur » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:11 am

Bellante wrote:You sure about this? On the tooltip it says that if noone is ATTACKING the claw, it will start nuking people.


The exact reason why I didn't dare to target the boss :) The log from our kill attempt was borked, but according to our vid I was doing around 27k near the end. That's a nice addition to ease enrage issues. Though a couple of dps upgades and actually having a mortal strike tomorrow will add more I guess :D.
Valhuur protection paladin
Valhuur
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby madmessias » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:19 am

Valhuur wrote:
Bellante wrote:You sure about this? On the tooltip it says that if noone is ATTACKING the claw, it will start nuking people.


The exact reason why I didn't dare to target the boss :) The log from our kill attempt was borked, but according to our vid I was doing around 27k near the end. That's a nice addition to ease enrage issues. Though a couple of dps upgades and actually having a mortal strike tomorrow will add more I guess :D.

We did have our rogue hitting it aswell, but that was with bladeflurry. Although he was staying on the boss while i was on the claw, and i doubt he attacked it the same second i targeted the boss, since the boss runs way faster than the rogue, and the second the boss was by me i started attacking him ^^
madmessias
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:45 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Bellante » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Just in case anyone is still looking for this, here's a vid, albeit from a melee POV, of the "everyone stacked up" tactic. We only dispel debuffs if they come at beginning of black phase or if someone gets it while they are far out of the group for some reason, otherwise we just heal through it. The ball is effectively being bounced between our mage+holy pala who stand behind the group, and our tank, and everyone is sharing void diffusion damage.

For the non-Danes, I apologise for not understand a word of what we say :D

Edit: Doh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulmr8bUG ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by Bellante on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bellante
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:47 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Juugimus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Bellante wrote:Just in case anyone is still looking for this, here's a vid, albeit from a melee POV, of the "everyone stacked up" tactic. We only dispel debuffs if they come at beginning of black phase or if someone gets it while they are far out of the group for some reason, otherwise we just heal through it. The ball is effectively being bounced between our mage+holy pala who stand behind the group, and our tank, and everyone is sharing void diffusion damage.

For the non-Danes, I apologise for not understand a word of what we say :D



Me thinks you forgot the link...
Image

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Bellante » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 am

Juugimus wrote:
Bellante wrote:Just in case anyone is still looking for this, here's a vid, albeit from a melee POV, of the "everyone stacked up" tactic. We only dispel debuffs if they come at beginning of black phase or if someone gets it while they are far out of the group for some reason, otherwise we just heal through it. The ball is effectively being bounced between our mage+holy pala who stand behind the group, and our tank, and everyone is sharing void diffusion damage.

For the non-Danes, I apologise for not understand a word of what we say :D



Me thinks you forgot the link...


You are wise, master :D
Bellante
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:47 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Phonic » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 pm

So what was the consensus? That someone has to be directly targeting and attacking the claw in that last burn phase?

Also, during the add phase, how many people do you have on the boss? Just 1 melee (like a rogue)? And if so, is he targeting the claw and cleaving the boss or the other way around? Let me know, our guild is sooo close to a kill. Thanks!
User avatar
Phonic
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:52 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby madmessias » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Phonic wrote:So what was the consensus? That someone has to be directly targeting and attacking the claw in that last burn phase?

Also, during the add phase, how many people do you have on the boss? Just 1 melee (like a rogue)? And if so, is he targeting the claw and cleaving the boss or the other way around? Let me know, our guild is sooo close to a kill. Thanks!

I never tried it directly, but from my experience noone has to attack the claw, altho the tank gotta build threat for a few seconds or the rogue will outthreat him. We have our rogue hit the boss so his poisons etc work better, and cleaving to the claw. We have one meele zerging a eye, then going to the boss.
(We have our rogue staying on the boss even in the start when it's loads of aoe)
madmessias
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:45 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Valour » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Here's a vid of us doing this fight in 25man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YK14kilhxo

We use the everyone stack strategy, each outside bounce is done by 1 person with the appropriate ability (e.g. Shadowpriest w/ Dispersion, Rogue w/ Cheat Death etc.).

I don't think you need to be constantly attacking the claw, but as you can see in the video I stay on the claw for almost the entire time just to help DPS it down. Tanks alone can put a pretty considerable dent into it, if not solo kill it.
Image
Image
Heroic Boss Kill Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ValourWoW
User avatar
Valour
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Valhuur » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 am

Phonic wrote:So what was the consensus? That someone has to be directly targeting and attacking the claw in that last burn phase?

Also, during the add phase, how many people do you have on the boss? Just 1 melee (like a rogue)? And if so, is he targeting the claw and cleaving the boss or the other way around? Let me know, our guild is sooo close to a kill. Thanks!


I switched to the boss before the claw was dead a couple of times last Wednesday to test (and turn the boss), claw started spitting immediately killing a guildie twice. Though there is a chance that he started spitting due to positional fuckups (turning the boss, being out of the claws melee for a split second, hard to see when you're standing between the boss' legs :P I wouldn't risk switching to the boss before the claw is well and dead.

We have a rogue or a warrior on the boss the whole time cleaving the claw, between tank damage and the cleaves the claw dies quite fast anyway.
Valhuur protection paladin
Valhuur
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Brosterr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:25 pm

For the rotation I do :

1st psychic drain tol barad trinket
2nd psychic drain GOAK + WOG + sacred shield
black phase with DP glyphed

1st psychic drain tol barad trinket
2nd psychic drain AD + WOG + sacred shield
black phase with DP glyphed

and I repeat


Corrected

For the rotation I do :

1st psychic drain tol barad trinket
2nd psychic drain DP glyphed + GOAK + WOG + sacred shield < (holy shield??)
black phase with nothing

1st psychic drain tol barad trinket
2nd psychic drain DP glyphed + AD + WOG + sacred shield < (holy shield, and to further expand on this, why do people talk about holy shield when going over their rotation cooldowns? Isnt it pretty assumed that if you are being meled you keep HS up on cd?? So confusing (and just so nobody answers me, that was rhetorical, use HS on cd if being meled.))
black phase with nothing

and I repeat
Brosterr
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest