Remove Advertisements

25 Man DS General

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

25 Man DS General

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:51 pm

I normally run 10 man everything, and 1 shot everything in DS in a pug every week. Usually takes a little over 1.5 hrs. I decided to just get people with Destroyers End and 8/8 Normal Mode down and see how it goes. Providing I have a decent group set up. I had a few quick questions/ was wondering if anyone could just give me a rundown of what I need to be careful of that is different.

Can I still solo tank everything except well everything? Or is there really no benefit to solo tanking the stuff? Imma look through the dungeon journal still and read the abilities just double checking. Everything seems pretty much the same, but there may be small tidbits that some of ya 25 man raiders can offer me for leading this upcoming raid.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Re: 25 Man DS General

Postby Raive » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:05 pm

My guild spends most of our time in 25 man,
Single tankables on 10 man:
Morchok
Warlord
Hagara

Anything else I would highly recommend 2 tanks for, the dot from yorsajhs bolt hurts significantly more than it does on 10 man to the point where it'll likely 1 shot you from a tick single tanking.
Warmaster seems to stack sunder faster on 25 than on 10 (quite possible I just got lucky with RNG for this though on the 10 mans we've done)
On Spine bloods have significantly more health on 25 man and its nice to have a tank specifically designated for them as they can stack up pretty heavy.
As for madness itself, you would have to lowball healers as well (I'd imagine around 4 healers) to be able to single tank it on 25 man, its not quite as tight a dps race on 25 as it is on 10 from my experience so 6 healing/2 tanking seems to go smoothly. (Though we've only downed him in 10 man due to poor 25 man turnouts during the holiday season, the times we've got to attempt 25 man (usually brining in alts/low dpsers to fill the group) still seemed to go very smoothly).
Raive

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:36 am

You'll need a 2nd tank some fights so might as well use them to make fights easier, if you don't need to resort to shenanigans.

- A 2nd tank on Porkchop is useful, but kind of RNG based on stacks. Better safe etc.
- Pong is single tank.
- Slime requires two tanks, taunting at around 3 stacks.
- Hag is single tank.
- Ultraxion is single tankable, but easier to double tank. Fading light mechanic is easier to deal with, and you can make rotations easier by being one of the 3 you need for every twilight hour.
- Warship requires two tanks. Debuffs are no joke and stacking sunder in p2 is nontrivial. You can 5 heal this fight pretty easily, honestly, as long as dps focuses elites over drakes.
- a second tank for spine is useful depending on how precise your dps is. We have one tank wrangle bloods a short distance from the amalg tank, and swap each rotation so we have major CDs for the final burn when the amalg is at 9 stacks.
- Madness is going to require two tanks unless your dps is amazingly incredible and your healers are amazing. You can single tank two impales on 1st platform (assuming green) if you use Green and CDs, after that you'll need to rotate CDs and externals -- or just tank swap and make it easier. Also big adds in p2 are no joke, and single tanking them will probably kill you in short order. You'll also probably need to deal with two sets -- we stop dps at 9% (dots tick to 6 or so) before the second wave, kill 2nd set of tentacles, lust, kill 2nd set of big adds (1st add tank taunts 2nd add when stacks of tetanus run out), then kill jaw shortly before 3rd set of adds spawn.

If you're pugging this, good luck and have fun ><
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby warden » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:41 am

Madness is single-tankable with creative use of BoP for impales and external CDs or a dps-OT for the adds in p2. That said, 1-tanking it makes it a lot harder for no real added gain, as if you can kill spine on 25m, you can kill madness easily.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)