Remove Advertisements

Dark Knight Rises

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Lightbeard » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Invisusira wrote:I was going to make some sort of comment on how this could be easily deduced of anyone with a professional wrestling signature, but his current one includes the word "gnarly" so I really can't hold too much against it.


*woosh*

The joke should be obvious even to a non-wrestling fan.

Although I still appreciate your continued effort to take cheapshots at me, it's quite cute. Maybe it's time to bring back my "Haters gonna hate" sig
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:08 am

Not sure you bolded the right part as that seemed more complimentary than the rest of it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Invisusira » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:05 am

Lightbeard wrote:
Invisusira wrote:I was going to make some sort of comment on how this could be easily deduced of anyone with a professional wrestling signature, but his current one includes the word "gnarly" so I really can't hold too much against it.


*woosh*

The joke should be obvious even to a non-wrestling fan.

Although I still appreciate your continued effort to take cheapshots at me, it's quite cute. Maybe it's time to bring back my "Haters gonna hate" sig

uh

that was a compliment, little dude.

merry christmas.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:
Invisusira wrote:I was going to make some sort of comment on how this could be easily deduced of anyone with a professional wrestling signature, but his current one includes the word "gnarly" so I really can't hold too much against it.


*woosh*

The joke should be obvious even to a non-wrestling fan.

Although I still appreciate your continued effort to take cheapshots at me, it's quite cute. Maybe it's time to bring back my "Haters gonna hate" sig

uh

that was a compliment, little dude.

merry christmas.

Compliment, righttttt

Considering nearly every post you've made directed at me is full of condescending sarcasm, you might not be able to see my point
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Fivelives » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Lightbeard wrote:The joke should be obvious even to a non-wrestling fan.


I don't get it.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Flex wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:A tad disappointed we don't get hulking brute Bane but interested to see how criminal mastermind Bane works out.


Here's how it works out.

Bane becomes king of the prison he was raised in and breaks out. He travels to Gotham to confront Batman. Instead of doing it directly with Batman at full strength Bane frees the prisoners of Arkham making Batman expend all of his energy capturing them. Meanwhile Bane is studying Batman and finds out who he is. Bane confronts Batman at his weakest most vulnerable time and breaks him.

Criminal Mastermind Bane is the original Bane from the comics.


I liked bane in No Man's Land, if there was a fourth Batman/Nolan movie, I'd love to see No Man's Land, or at least, something based on it.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11012
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Fivelives » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Nolan's already said this will be his last Batman movie.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:05 pm

lalalala, I aint listening!


I know... just said it there was gonna be another one, No Man's Land would be what I'd like to see.

I mean, we already basically saw Batman Year One, The Long Halloween and The Man who Laughs, with Dark Knight Rises being basically Knightfall, so the next big arc out there is No Man's Land.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11012
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Hokahey » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:46 am

Flex wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:A tad disappointed we don't get hulking brute Bane but interested to see how criminal mastermind Bane works out.


Here's how it works out.

Bane becomes king of the prison he was raised in and breaks out. He travels to Gotham to confront Batman. Instead of doing it directly with Batman at full strength Bane frees the prisoners of Arkham making Batman expend all of his energy capturing them. Meanwhile Bane is studying Batman and finds out who he is. Bane confronts Batman at his weakest most vulnerable time and breaks him.

Criminal Mastermind Bane is the original Bane from the comics.



More importantly, the only Bane worth discussing. Without the calculation and cunning, he's just another strongman (and not even impressively so) in a fictionl universe full of them.

Also, if it isn't clear, Batman trailer is focusing on the villain because Batman is, in and of himself, one of the dullest characters ever. Its his villains that sell the comics, and its been that way since the 80s at least.
Hokahey
 
Posts: 863
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:42 am

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:10 am

Hokahey wrote:More importantly, the only Bane worth discussing. Without the calculation and cunning, he's just another strongman (and not even impressively so) in a fictionl universe full of them.

Also, if it isn't clear, Batman trailer is focusing on the villain because Batman is, in and of himself, one of the dullest characters ever. Its his villains that sell the comics, and its been that way since the 80s at least.


*gasp*

I hope you're not saying he's duller than Superman, whose real superpower is being a flying brick and whose only good characterizations come from when he's published in Elseworlds series (Red Son, Kingdom Come)
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11012
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Invisusira » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:06 am

I always kind of thought that about Superman until someone said (don't remember who, help me out) that Superman was actually their favorite superhero because while all the other heroes are alter-egos of a real person, Superman IS Superman. The "real person," Clark Kent, is his alter ego. He doesn't live day to day and pretend to be a hero when duty calls, he lives day to day as someone else and gets to be himself when he dons the cape. Put it in kind of an interesting perspective.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:49 am

Bill, in Kill Bill 2, in his first exchange with the Bride.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 am

I really like this article
Why Superman Will Always Suck
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11012
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:03 am

Nice read. Strangely, that's one of the reason I drifted from the bande dessinée from my own stepdad to fixate on manga series - it is rare in the extreme that the good guys loses, while Samurai X/Ruroni Kenshin had me hyped troughout its Kyoto arc.

Scratch that, it's a miracle when a good guys fails at even one of his objectives, stated or not. I eventually came around , notably due to Machine qui Reve, but even then, I've got a problem with static continuity. (Also: Garrosh and Varian are morons and need to get their heads out of their asses yesterday, and find new hurdles to overcome).
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Invisusira wrote:I always kind of thought that about Superman until someone said (don't remember who, help me out) that Superman was actually their favorite superhero because while all the other heroes are alter-egos of a real person, Superman IS Superman. The "real person," Clark Kent, is his alter ego. He doesn't live day to day and pretend to be a hero when duty calls, he lives day to day as someone else and gets to be himself when he dons the cape. Put it in kind of an interesting perspective.


That's the fine line people do with Batman. Katie Holmes at the end of Batman Begins even says as much.

Also, trailer mashup time.

Batman The Animated Series
The Lion King
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7499
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest