Flames of Azzinoth

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Lore » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Dorvan wrote:Me too. Too bad most of the eye beams were on the other side (for video purposes at least ;))

Unfortunately you can't really learn much from a video with a lot of eye beams as it tends to consist primarily of the tank running like a girl and trying not to stand in burny things.

I took 2 beams in a row in my video though: http://www.stage6.com/user/devomorph/vi ... ladin-Tank

Note that I managed to get a bunch of people breathed on at the start >.> whoops.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:46 pm

and I thought I did terribly my first couple times....
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Eliane » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:53 pm

I agree that you cant learn the fight from a video, but you can get a general idea. I know it helped me get started but then I had to make it work for me.

I tried a few ways of kiting them and this is the way that works for me :)
Eliane

Postby Lore » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:56 pm

I didn't mean you couldn't learn from a video, just meant the videos with lots of eye beams specifically tend to be more "panicked running in terror" than the rotations and so forth that you can get from the beam-less videos.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:19 am

Gavel wrote:Eyebeams won't hit for 10k. They'll say "IMMUNE" because you were bubble taunting.

Fixed :)

Seriously though, I've done the fight 8-9 times now and I still feel like a panicked little girl when there are beams on my side. Much as it sucks for the rest of the raid, it's pretty much trial and error when it comes to learning how to deal with them.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Splug » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Lore wrote:We've actually had tanks survive eye beams :P

Hrm, how would you survive that without shield wall / divine shield? I know our first illidan kill involved me standing in one with shield wall because I didn't want to risk running too far and enraging the other flame with mine at 5% health, and the beam damage had pulsed twice before it moved past me. Perhaps I just had some unlucky positioning or something; does it normally only pulse once?

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:16 pm

they don't hit hard enough to one-shot you. They hit hard enough so that you die a split second after to AOE damage or the flame's attacks.

From full, getting hit by an eye beam brings me to just under 4%.

Super Fire Protection Potion + Nightmare Seed, with quick topping off immediately after, makes one pulse from the eye beam survivable.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Gerilith » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:24 am

The beam ticks with 20k-ish - quite hard to survive.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Lore » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:21 am

Yeah I was definitely surprised she survived, but it's certainly possible - eye beam hit her for 19k, she had 22k+ HP, popped a healthstone as soon as she saw her hp drop.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Neuron » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:22 am

Lore wrote:Yeah I was definitely surprised she survived, but it's certainly possible - eye beam hit her for 19k, she had 22k+ HP, popped a healthstone as soon as she saw her hp drop.

it's because she was a girl.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Lore » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:25 am

Neuron wrote:
Lore wrote:Yeah I was definitely surprised she survived, but it's certainly possible - eye beam hit her for 19k, she had 22k+ HP, popped a healthstone as soon as she saw her hp drop.

it's because she was a girl.

rofl

Illidan was sweeping his eyes across and went OMG BOOOOOOBS and got distracted
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:41 am

Here's a trick I've taken to for elemental tanking: If you're having trouble keeping track of where exactly you're standing in the giant piles of fire, put a raid marker over your head. Gives you a nice reference point.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:51 am

Now this looks like a challenge=)
Stupid raidbreaks, I'm bored to hell.
Inferno255

Postby Joanadark » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:09 pm

I <3 MSPaint

HOW 2 FLAME 'O AZZINOTH TANK

The top of the picture is the direction Illidan starts at.
Joanadark

Postby Atreidies » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:18 pm

I do similar to that, except assuming mine isn't dead, it's usually dead before i make my first trip back to the glaive since spawn, I head to the outside to drop flame patches so that melee can get on the flame on the 2nd return trip to the glaive, assuming eye beams or w/e unfortunate bind you may find yourself in.

Figure 8s for those, like me, that couldn't understand what I just typed. Keeps the flame always open to the melee at every point during the kite path assuming no eye beam trails.

[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple