Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Postby Kihra » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 am

Nioknight wrote:Any help/advice would be really appreciated. It goes against my intuition to not use Resolve because it's higher, but I think it might be worse for me.

This is the wrong forum for gear questions. You should take this to the Gear Discussions and Advice forum.
Kihra

Postby Nioknight » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Kihra wrote:
Nioknight wrote:Any help/advice would be really appreciated. It goes against my intuition to not use Resolve because it's higher, but I think it might be worse for me.

This is the wrong forum for gear questions. You should take this to the Gear Discussions and Advice forum.

Thanks, fixed it.
Nioknight

Postby theckhd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:14 am

Nioknight wrote:Alright, this is my first time posting but I love the calculations and everything
First point:
I got Souldrinker on my Protection Paladin last night, it's amazing. (I could do logs for you guys but I'm not sure how)

EDIT:
Also the heals seem to definitely be more than 3% healing done from the proc off Souldrinker (1.5% doubled). I had 201,000 hp with flask and my own buffs, and it healed me for about 6700 hp a proc (instead of 6k hp if 3%). Divinity might be effecting it?
And overheals from Souldrinker do NOT count towards Scales of Life effect

If you have time, there's a list of tests that need to be performed in the Call to Arms thread. That post also has instructions for how to record and upload a combat log to WoL.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:57 am

Ret 2-piece sims are posted, see table of contents.

<edit> I also stumbled across a bug regarding the prot 2-piece. Judgement's absorb bubble isn't being modified by Inquisition properly. It's a simple fix, but I won't be able to get around to it until later today or tonight; I'll update the code and results at that point. This should only affect the rotation sims, as all of the others use a standard 969 rather than the Inq rotation.

<edit 2> Fixed, posts updated.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Jeremoot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for all the hard work Theck (as well as tlitp0, iminmmnni and anybody else involved with the matlabadin project), you've really been doing the community a great favor for years.
Jeremoot

Postby madmessias » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:41 pm

If you have less then 1.5s left on Inquisition, and you have time to do crus strike+AS(grand crusader) (but the AS won't benefit from the inq this way) is it worth doing AS first? What about without GS procc? I assume it's CS this way, but not really sure what you should do in the situation of AS(GS+INQ) or just AS and go without inq (but still keep the GS procc)
madmessias

Postby theckhd » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:27 pm

I think that entirely depends on what you're trying to optimize. If you want the most damage within those two GCDs, you'd use AS first. If you want the highest stochastic DPS, you'd use CS first, because otherwise you might be reducing your holy power generation rate. The answer will change slightly whether you start that scenario at 0, 1 or 2 holy power and how much time is left on Grand Crusader, and what time scale you're looking to optimize over.
theckhd

Postby madmessias » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:03 pm

theckhd wrote:I think that entirely depends on what you're trying to optimize. If you want the most damage within those two GCDs, you'd use AS first. If you want the highest stochastic DPS, you'd use CS first, because otherwise you might be reducing your holy power generation rate. The answer will change slightly whether you start that scenario at 0, 1 or 2 holy power and how much time is left on Grand Crusader, and what time scale you're looking to optimize over.

Ah forgot to say, i want optimized dmg overall on a fight. This is after a SHOTR btw incase it matters. So just do crus strike i suppose then, or did i get it wrong?

Merry christmas btw :)
madmessias

Postby theckhd » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:22 pm

If it's immediately following a SotR, then yes, I suspect that CS first would be better simply because of Holy Power Generation. If you lead with AS, it takes you at least 4 GCDs to get to the next finisher (SotR-AS+-CS-X-CS-F). Leading with CS shortens that to a potential 3-GCD span (SotR-CS-AS+-CS-F). Increasing HPG almost always leads to a DPS increase.

I think the queue that would best test for this would be something like SDSotR>ISotR>Inq>AS+[buffInq<1.5]>CS>AS+>J>AS>Cons>HW. I can certainly throw that in the sims, but in all honesty it'll be such a rare event that I doubt it will make any difference in overall DPS.
theckhd

Postby madmessias » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:28 pm

theckhd wrote:If it's immediately following a SotR, then yes, I suspect that CS first would be better simply because of Holy Power Generation. If you lead with AS, it takes you at least 4 GCDs to get to the next finisher (SotR-AS+-CS-X-CS-F). Leading with CS shortens that to a potential 3-GCD span (SotR-CS-AS+-CS-F). Increasing HPG almost always leads to a DPS increase.

I think the queue that would best test for this would be something like SDSotR>ISotR>Inq>AS+[buffInq<1.5]>CS>AS+>J>AS>Cons>HW. I can certainly throw that in the sims, but in all honesty it'll be such a rare event that I doubt it will make any difference in overall DPS.

If you dont mind putting it in the sim i'd be very greatful, i just hate making choices that decreases your dps, or getting to "waypoints" in your rotation where you just randomize what you do ^^
madmessias

Postby madmessias » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:21 am

Would it be worth tracking landslide and maybe not using Inquisition if it's a short duration left on Landslide (if it's up) and you will maybe only get a shotr with LS up, but if you use inquisition you will only get a crus strike.. Would be nice (if you think it even matters) if you do a list of at what seconds left it would be worth using Inquisition.
madmessias

Postby theckhd » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:31 pm

It's not possible to track Landslide with the current version of the FSM code, and it's not worth trying to re-vamp it for what's probably a minor effect. Remember that 1000 AP only adds about 600 raw damage to SotR, which isn't going to be enough to make up for 30% of either AS/J, let alone seal/censure damage.
theckhd

Postby econ21 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 am

On the weapon comparisons, is it worthwhile trying to model Soul drinker's proc? Since it seems to be one of only two viable end-game weapons for us (Hand of Morchok being the other), it would be interesting to know which gave higher dps. If it can't be modelled, do we have any data (e.g. from Logs) that could address the issue empirically or at least with a back of the envelope calculation?

I've read the thread comparing the two weapons in the gear section and the consensus seems to be that Souldrinker will give more dps, perhaps even if from a lower tier. From an armchair point of view, I'd be interested in comparing the LFR Souldrinker with the normal Hand of Morchok, but heroic raiders may want to compare normal Souldrinker with heroic Hand. I'd make the former comparison myself if I were lucky enough to have both weapons.
econ21

Postby theckhd » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:33 pm

The proc is modeled in an updated version of the code, I just haven't had time to update the sims on the front page. With any luck, I'll get to that some time this week.
theckhd

Postby madmessias » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Sorry if im asking for to much, but a trinket comparison would be nice :) Using license to slay+essence of the eternal flame atm, duno if any DS trinkets are better. (dumb chimaeron one won't drop, heard it's alot better tho)
madmessias

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations