Remove Advertisements

4.2 Tank Stages and Cataclysm Gear Guide

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: 4.2 Tank Stages and Cataclysm Gear Guide

Postby Deflect » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:23 pm

Is this going to be updated any time soon, that would be awesome. :)
Deflect

Postby golfinguy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Deflect wrote:Is this going to be updated any time soon, that would be awesome. :)

My bet is that its getting far too gearset dependent to really nail down gear rankings. Once you hit the CTC cap, mastery is no longer the lead stat for making one peice of gear better than one without mastery (which is largely how the gear lists for prot were made). And once that distinguishing factor is taken away its all a matter of a good balance between dodge and parry, which is gearset dependent and can be re-forged around somewhat.

Use the lists to reach the CTC cap, but after that they do not mean as much (or even lead you to less than optimal decisions). At least thats the way I see it right now.

EDIT: For instance, ranking gear by mastery (as we did for FL) leads to flawed decisions like buying an INT cloak and calling people that do not, crazy :wink:
golfinguy

Postby Schroom » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:03 am

right just go for EH and avoidance in you gear choice as soon as you have reached CTC cap. Of course, without losing it again.
Schroom

Postby Digren » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:17 am

Hey, I posted a notice at the top of the thread. I don't feel like I can maintain this right now given my lack of raiding. (And, having just moved and lacking internet access at home, my lack of playing at all.)

I can't unsticky things at the moment, but I'll get this unstickied so new people won't be drawn to my outdated guide. I'm focusing on getting my item enhancement guide up to date.
Digren

Postby Soulcatcher » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Digren wrote:Hey, I posted a notice at the top of the thread. I don't feel like I can maintain this right now given my lack of raiding. (And, having just moved and lacking internet access at home, my lack of playing at all.)

I can't unsticky things at the moment, but I'll get this unstickied so new people won't be drawn to my outdated guide. I'm focusing on getting my item enhancement guide up to date.

Oh Noes I have grown to rely on this great thread to help me evaluate my gear decisions.... guess its back to sorting thru gear on my own. Hope you get back to being able to play soon, thanks for all the hard work keeping these updated
Soulcatcher

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice