Remove Advertisements

Underbog - Lykul Wasps

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Underbog - Lykul Wasps

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:18 am

Did heroic UB for the second time yesterday(didn't die on the double bog pull - yay!), and faced the same problem of before: I can't get these buggers in melee range without charging on them..which isn't always a good idea.

How do you guys do it?
On another matter: How do you generally move in order to keep everyone in blocking angle? Depending on the pull, if I do a step, whatever the direction, the mobs simply decide they're not zen enough and run to my back. It's a flat ass for heaven's sake, why would they want to be there? ;_;
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:13 pm

3 letters, LoS

They don't melee so you just need to have them over the consecration.
Being you a blood elf, consider Arcane Torrenting them to make them move also.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sthallas » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Worldie wrote:3 letters, LoS

They don't melee so you just need to have them over the consecration.
Being you a blood elf, consider Arcane Torrenting them to make them move also.

Ahh yes the AT failure, if only it lasted long enough for the lag to be over between when the mobs cast is canceled and it's next cast starts so that the mob actually moved most of the time. /rant

That said either AS and LoS and/or run away about 1/2 again as far as you want to pull them then turn around and run back (PoJ helps you here), make sure dps/healing doesnt start until you get back to them and consecrate. Either way works for just about all casters in 5 man/Heroics btw.
Sthallas

Postby Hobodin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:31 pm

LOS'ing these suckers is so much easier with the help of the ol' rocket boots. I use them for quick LOS pulls. Plus it give the group a laugh.
Hobodin

Postby Taoden » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:18 pm

I pull them from as close to max range as possible (not always easy to get it exact since the patrols move fast) then just backwards until they are about where i want them, then run at them and throw down consecration. It takes a little longer to pull this way so I LoS pull whenever possible.
Taoden

Postby Exodius » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 am

Taoden wrote:I pull them from as close to max range as possible (not always easy to get it exact since the patrols move fast) then just backwards until they are about where i want them, then run at them and throw down consecration. It takes a little longer to pull this way so I LoS pull whenever possible.

I wholeheartedly approve of this method.

I just announce "long pull" in the party chat, and the group knows not to do anything until I settle down with them and a consercration. :D
Exodius

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:26 am

Yes I do this longpull thing in SL on the pulls before vorpil if I can't have a hunter silencing shot / mage cs / equivalents, can't believe I didn't think of this >.>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby kon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:47 pm

LoS ftw, you will find a few corners that you can use
kon

Postby Invisusira » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:49 pm

I just charge them. If more mobs come, oh well.
Invisusira

Postby Warheit » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:07 pm

I used to LOS them, i just run in now and don't care if 3 more mobs join the fun.
Warheit

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Invisusira wrote:I just charge them. If more mobs come, oh well.

That's not exactly the best way to do it, while it's how i do it ofc!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics