Remove Advertisements

2 Piece T13 Train of Thought

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

2 Piece T13 Train of Thought

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:31 am

Just wanted to make sure I was on the right page here. 2/31/8 with the 2 points in holy going into Arbiter of the Light will be the preferred spec right as far damage mitigation goes. I mean 12 percent increased critical strike on an ability that gives you a shield ( although kind of small shield), seems better than 7 percent run speed ( I say 7 percent because obviously you switch to lavawalker which is 8 percent).

The only other question would be glyph of WoG, or glyph of judgment for pure mitigation? I just feel like you are always using judgment and not always using WoG so it may just even out.

Thoughts?
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Re: 2 Piece T13 Train of Thought

Postby Schroom » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:33 am

interesting thought. I would love to see some math behind this.
Schroom

Postby ramboschox » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:54 am

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:
The only other question would be glyph of WoG, or glyph of judgment for pure mitigation? I just feel like you are always using judgment and not always using WoG so it may just even out.

Thoughts?

Exactly what i wanted to ask!
Furthermore i think about dropping CS glyph for Judgement and ShotR glyph for the WoG glyph: To max out survivability I´ll change my main finisher from to ShotR to Inq, cuz this will increase the judgement shield even more.
It looks like a dps tradeoff fpr some tiny mitigation increase, but i do not have WoL reports yet (in sufficient numbers) to compare.
Thx in advance for some theoretical numbers!

Pls excuse my poor english, i´m far better at flaming in my mothertongue, then asking theorycraft questions in yours :-)
I WONT STOP YELLING CUZ THATS GONNA MEAN I LOST THE FIGHT

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/e ... s/advanced
ramboschox

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:25 am

I actually swapped out ShotR glyph for Judgement glyph, and am going to try to keep Inq up and see what kind of numbers I get. I'm currently running Judgement, WoG, and SoT (in lieu of ShotR, WoG, SoT).

There's no question that keeping Inq up will make the shield more beefy, but it is still a relatively small amount. Dmg * 1.1 * 1.3 * 0.25 on a, say, 22k Judgement gives a 7865 shield.

Assuming a base Judgement of around 22k (to be conservative):
Base shield is 5500
With glyph: 6050 (+10%)
With Inq unGlyphed: 7150 (+30%)
With Inq and Glyph: 7865 (+43%)
Throw some Avenging Wrath in there for fun: 9438 (+72%)

Glyphed and Inq'ed shield is about the size of the heal on the Souldrinker.

That's not a bad number. It is, however, likely to be less than 4% of your health.

I don't know that I'm always going to trade off the ShotR DPS for an inq'ed shield, but there are certain cases where I think it would be useful (stacking as many shields on self before a big hit -- WoG overheal + Delayed Judgement is a nontrivial amount).

Edit: these numbers are wrong. Per Theck @ viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29589&start=240#p705303
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 am

ramboschox wrote:Thx in advance for some theoretical numbers!

Most of those numbers have been worked out, for those that know where to look. :)

Glyph of Judgement is very weak, approx 25 absorption per second (APS) on average (out of a possible ~600 APS from Judgement bubbles without the glyph). Arbiter of the light is similarly weak (~30 APS).

I would guess that keeping Inq up full-time would be a more significant increase (~6x the J glyph), but that's not reflected in the data we have (closer to 15 APS). However, that's comparing SotR>CS>AS>J to Inq>CS>AS>J, which isn't a very good test bed. I really need to check SotR>CS>J>AS against Inq>CS>J>AS to get a more reasonable comparison.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby ramboschox » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:20 am

theckhd wrote:
ramboschox wrote:Thx in advance for some theoretical numbers!

Most of those numbers have been worked out, for those that know where to look. :)

Ooops, sry. I was in the believe that i read every single thread on this board.
But thanks for the short but fullfilling answer. I am going to respecc/glyph back to my old built, but use Inq some times more often.
I WONT STOP YELLING CUZ THATS GONNA MEAN I LOST THE FIGHT

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/e ... s/advanced
ramboschox

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:38 am

Anyone been keepin logs of the absorbs? It doesn't show up on my skada/recount as absorbs. I suppose I could just look at damage judgement does. I just basically am wondering how much the 12 percent crit from arbiter of the light has been helping.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 am

Well after going over logs tonight. I can safely say that 2 points into arbiter of the light is absolutely useless. It netted me bewteen 1-3 crits on each fight, and only like 12 crits on madness.

Bloodrinker= Overpowered. I still find PoJ useless so I'm going to pick up Eye for an Eye and still 2 points into improved judgments. As long as I have 1 point in Imp Judgments I don't care.

Some people have to think I'm crazy for how much I undervalue PoJ but it just isn't for me.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:57 am

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:Some people have to think I'm crazy for how much I undervalue PoJ but it just isn't for me.

It's hard to say tbh. Before, the 15% movement speed was quite nice. Now with this patch, there's no need to really run around pick up adds. I've been mulling over since reading the "Windwalk Outdated" thread of stepping outside the norm a bit and help with overall raid dps by improving mine (luls@tankdps). So last night, I went with the landslide enchant on my weapon and actually considering dropping 1 point from Imp Judgements (bosses are pretty much up in your grill anyway) and 1 from PoJ to go into EfaE.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:43 am

Why not just do 2 E4E and 0 Imp Judge? I ran that all of FL and am going to switch back to it as soon as I log on. I don't know if 1 point in PoJ is all that worthwhile.

PoJ is arguably a quality of life thing. You could also argue that you need some kind of runspeed, and poj allows you to enchant 50 mastery to boots vs lavawalker.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:42 am

PoJ and Imp. Judge are both quality of life things. It's just a matter of how much you value those features compared to other options (E4E).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Isn't 1 point in PoJ the same as Lavawalker? So really, you can still have 50 Mastery to boots.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:22 am

Assuming at this point you even need to stack mastery to reach your caps.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents