Remove Advertisements

[Warrior] Good Arms/Fury PvE DPS guides?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Warrior] Good Arms/Fury PvE DPS guides?

Postby Epimer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:36 am

As per the subject line, really. I've got a warrior who's Single-Minded Fury because a while back I got the ZA BoE maces from the AH then the off-hand fist that was gathering dust in the guild bank. The basics are hardly rocket surgery, but are there any good in-depth guides out there?

EJ doesn't seem to have a good, concise guide like it has for many other specs, and I'm suspicious of TankSpot just because over the years the quality:awful ratio there has really slumped.

I'm interested in Arms, too, since if I get a 378 2H I'll be switching to that.
Epimer

Re: [Warrior] Good Arms/Fury PvE DPS guides?

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 am

Quick and Dirty:
http://www.noxxic.com/pve/warrior/fury/ ... -cooldowns

SMF and you. Updated for 4.3
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2190890474

"...absolutely everything you will need to know about playing a Fury Warrior"
http://www.suguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=399.0

That's all I can find with some quick searching. I imagine that the Noxxic one is enough info to get someone like me started (warrior alt that I rarely play), but the suguild one seems to be pretty well written also.
Kelaan

Postby Epimer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:46 am

I'm actually massively enjoying Arms now, more so than Fury. The Icy Veins guide was ok for that, but I've got a guildie who's ridiculously good at Arms so have mostly been picking up tips from him.

After a stupidly lucky run of drops (seriously, I was in a mix of green and blues a few days ago and now look at me; that's not even including the two 384 LFR tier tokens in my bags which I'm sitting on until I can make the 4pc) I'm putting out some silly high DPS, and I've got plenty of improving still to do.

I highly recommend people giving Arms a shot if they haven't before. Despite being a bit proc-based it plays very smoothly, with a good rhythm.
Epimer

Postby Kelaan » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:44 am

my (75) warrior is arms, and it is stupidly fun. Next stage I think is to macro in stance changes to my specials so that I am in zerker stance more (and do I even have a spare GCD for Whirlwind?). Still, ridiculous fun. I'm still far from mastering best use of my cooldowns so that I can compete well on bosses or trash, of course.
Kelaan

Postby Epimer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Cooldowns are something I'm really bad at, actually. Deadly Calm is a weird one to get my head around because it's not so much the effect it has when you use it as the full rage bar you have at the end of it that's the big DPS increase. Sort of. I guess using Inner Rage after Deadly Calm would be good practice.

I've got sorted out stance dancing macros yet. I thought I'd get the basic feel of how to play Arms sorted out before worrying about double presses of macros for stance changes etc.
Epimer

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes