Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby amh » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Wow, the paladin set for season 11 looks amazing! Needs more kilt, though.

I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:48 am

So apparently I can keep full mounted movement speed in water by just jumping repeatedly along the surface. When did they make that possible (surely unintentionally)?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:35 am

It has come with 4.3, no idea if it's intended or not.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Certainly feels like a bug, but it's a vast improvement to swimming. Even if you can't mount, you can hop along at full running speed.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mannstein » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:55 am

Ever since they change so you can mount while in water, it is possible. I think it's unintended.
That and keep mounted under water :D
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Fetzie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:16 am

Staying mounted while swimming/underwater was an intentional change back in Wrath iirc.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:54 am

Mannstein wrote:Ever since they change so you can mount while in water, it is possible. I think it's unintended.
That and keep mounted under water :D

Nope. This is new in 4.3.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 am

I noticed this in AB, it makes getting to the BS as Alli reasonable even if the DK is too thick to take the shortcut.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:49 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:So apparently I can keep full mounted movement speed in water by just jumping repeatedly along the surface. When did they make that possible (surely unintentionally)?

I only noticed that on the Darkmoon Faire island. I assumed it was a bug restricted to the island - but it's happening everywhere now?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Uhm when did they add that if you are in queue (LFR in my case), logout/crash and log back in quickly, you are still in queue?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Worldie wrote:Uhm when did they add that if you are in queue (LFR in my case), logout/crash and log back in quickly, you are still in queue?

As far as I'm aware, it's been like this from the beginning. I know that a friend has been able to queue us, log onto alts, and log back over without the queue being affected.
Belloc

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Worldie wrote:Uhm when did they add that if you are in queue (LFR in my case), logout/crash and log back in quickly, you are still in queue?

I am so in love with this new feature. It's really a nice Quality of Life change for me.
Cogglamp

Postby degre » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:59 pm

I didn't know that you still get CP out of weekend's istances (after the first of the day) for winning it... meh... I could have got myself the cloak a week ago!
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:16 am

@Queue: If that's the case, then my queue must've popped while I crashed and was logging back in, because I had to requeue when I got back on (after having already waited 25 min... see Frustrations thread)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Amshel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 am

I've had the queue port me into raids even when I was afk for the accept window and did not click yes.
Amshel

PreviousNext

Return to General