Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby amh » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Wow, the paladin set for season 11 looks amazing! Needs more kilt, though.

Image
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:48 am

So apparently I can keep full mounted movement speed in water by just jumping repeatedly along the surface. When did they make that possible (surely unintentionally)?
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:35 am

It has come with 4.3, no idea if it's intended or not.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby PsiVen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Certainly feels like a bug, but it's a vast improvement to swimming. Even if you can't mount, you can hop along at full running speed.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
Falling off the wagon since WoD release...
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Mannstein » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:55 am

Ever since they change so you can mount while in water, it is possible. I think it's unintended.
That and keep mounted under water :D
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Fetzie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:16 am

Staying mounted while swimming/underwater was an intentional change back in Wrath iirc.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:54 am

Mannstein wrote:Ever since they change so you can mount while in water, it is possible. I think it's unintended.
That and keep mounted under water :D


Nope. This is new in 4.3.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6043
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 am

I noticed this in AB, it makes getting to the BS as Alli reasonable even if the DK is too thick to take the shortcut.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:49 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:So apparently I can keep full mounted movement speed in water by just jumping repeatedly along the surface. When did they make that possible (surely unintentionally)?

I only noticed that on the Darkmoon Faire island. I assumed it was a bug restricted to the island - but it's happening everywhere now?
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Uhm when did they add that if you are in queue (LFR in my case), logout/crash and log back in quickly, you are still in queue?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8655
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Worldie wrote:Uhm when did they add that if you are in queue (LFR in my case), logout/crash and log back in quickly, you are still in queue?

As far as I'm aware, it's been like this from the beginning. I know that a friend has been able to queue us, log onto alts, and log back over without the queue being affected.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Worldie wrote:Uhm when did they add that if you are in queue (LFR in my case), logout/crash and log back in quickly, you are still in queue?


I am so in love with this new feature. It's really a nice Quality of Life change for me.
Cogglamp
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby degre » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:59 pm

I didn't know that you still get CP out of weekend's istances (after the first of the day) for winning it... meh... I could have got myself the cloak a week ago!
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:16 am

@Queue: If that's the case, then my queue must've popped while I crashed and was logging back in, because I had to requeue when I got back on (after having already waited 25 min... see Frustrations thread)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3537
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Amshel » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 am

I've had the queue port me into raids even when I was afk for the accept window and did not click yes.
User avatar
Amshel
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:12 am

I didn't know that you still get CP out of weekend's istances (after the first of the day) for winning it... meh... I could have got myself the cloak a week ago!


Yea, Conquest Points for follow-on BGs are awesome. for week #2 I was able to cap with BGs alone, although this last week the BGs weren't going as well, fortunately I found someone to run a few Arena's with to cap last night :)
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 am

Hrobertgar wrote:Yea, Conquest Points for follow-on BGs are awesome. for week #2 I was able to cap with BGs alone, although this last week the BGs weren't going as well, fortunately I found someone to run a few Arena's with to cap last night :)

My UI doesn't show conq points as a reward for later BG wins in the same day -- is this just a UI bug, and they're actually awarded?
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:10 am

All Random or Call to Arms wins after the first reward 50 Conquest Points. I do believe there's a display bug atm, yes.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Forboden » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:17 am

Just realized that when typing in chat, if you hold control while hitting the back arrow you can move your cursor backward through a typed message. I've been backspacing and deleting entire chunks of my message every time I spotted a mistake for 7 years.
Image
User avatar
Forboden
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:58 am

Forboden wrote:Just realized that when typing in chat, if you hold control while hitting the back arrow you can move your cursor backward through a typed message. I've been backspacing and deleting entire chunks of my message every time I spotted a mistake for 7 years.


Also alt+arrow keys

Also you can click and select with your mouse
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6043
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Forboden » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:09 am

Mouse clicking was my goto move, except in those cases where I typed a little too much and the earlier text got pushed out off the field making it impossible to go back to spell check it. Then it was Backspace City, which is a horrible place to live. They don't recycle and have a bottom 25% ranked school system.
Image
User avatar
Forboden
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Pizbit » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:11 am

Forboden wrote:Mouse clicking was my goto move, except in those cases where I typed a little too much and the earlier text got pushed out off the field making it impossible to go back to spell check it. Then it was Backspace City, which is a horrible place to live. They don't recycle and have a bottom 25% ranked school system.


Home/End key ftw!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Forboden » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 am

Hey, you know that guy that hits the character limit every time he sends a chat message, but it doesn't matter anyway because it gets pushed off the chat window immediately by his next chat novel?

Yeah. Sup. Say hi to ya muvah for me. :)
Image
User avatar
Forboden
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Pizbit » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:24 am

Forboden wrote:Hey, you know that guy that hits the character limit every time he sends a chat message, but it doesn't matter anyway because it gets pushed off the chat window immediately by his next chat novel?

Yeah. Sup. Say hi to ya muvah for me. :)



I don't think she knows you... She's not that type. :lol:

My chat box can handle your novels!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Forboden » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 am

The woman is a saint I don't appreciate your implication. :shock: 8)
Image
User avatar
Forboden
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest