Remove Advertisements

[10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:13 am

Winkle has it pretty much exact. The scale is a bit wonky, but the idea is represented correctly.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Bastosa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 am

Killed this last night.

Just to follow up on the random deaths to the claw, despite it being tanked. We actually discovered last night that sometimes a second claw would spawn (on the other side of the room) during the fourth "dark phase" and it was this claw that was killing our people.

Not sure how we didn't notice it, I guess we just assumed there would only be one and were too focused on the burn to notice on the first few attempts.

Not sure if this is related or not, but it seemed like the second claw stopped spawning when we decided to kill all tentacles during the 3rd dark phase instead of leaving one or two eyes up, which we had done previously.
Image
User avatar
Bastosa
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby madmessias » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 am

Bastosa wrote:Killed this last night.

Just to follow up on the random deaths to the claw, despite it being tanked. We actually discovered last night that sometimes a second claw would spawn (on the other side of the room) during the fourth "dark phase" and it was this claw that was killing our people.

Not sure how we didn't notice it, I guess we just assumed there would only be one and were too focused on the burn to notice on the first few attempts.

Not sure if this is related or not, but it seemed like the second claw stopped spawning when we decided to kill all tentacles during the 3rd dark phase instead of leaving one or two eyes up, which we had done previously.


If you leave one eye up, will you get one extra eye during the later blackphase, or do they have set spawnpoints where there can only be one eye?
madmessias
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:45 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Bastosa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:38 am

madmessias wrote:If you leave one eye up, will you get one extra eye during the later blackphase, or do they have set spawnpoints where there can only be one eye?

You can have more than one spawn from the same "point." Leaving one up does not prevent another from spawning in the same spot.
Image
User avatar
Bastosa
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby timoseewho » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Do spells like Mortal Strike, healing reduced stuff, work on this boss?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
User avatar
timoseewho
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Repartee » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Winkle wrote:
Arincia wrote:
Hidden wrote:The 'melees' probably shared the damage. The orb damage has quite a big radius and if you do it like us (1 ranged ~15y behind the boss, rest of ranged ~5y behind boss, melees at max melee range) most of the raid soaks all bounces. It also triggers off of the tank most of the time using that tactic.


Can you draw a picture of this is done because I'm really interested to know how to set it up (distances formation etc)


Here's my interpretation, basically the ball bounces between the Tank and the 1 ranged (pink). However they're close enough to the ranged/melee group that the orb bounce is always soaked by 8 people.

Image


In this scenario, the orb passes through boss and the other 8 raid members? Otherwise the tank will have to do some nifty maneuvering to make the orb miss the boss.
User avatar
Repartee
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:02 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:57 pm

The ball becomes inactive for a few seconds after being triggered. It's fine for it to pass through the boss.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby d07.RiV » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:39 am

We didn't try healing through the debuff, is it easier than runing out and dispelling? We had quite a few random deaths to dot tick+dispel+orb.
Image
d07.RiV
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Bellanka » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:02 am

crotchet wrote:anybody have a set CD rotation they are using tanking this heroic? im getting pretty messed up at about 4-5 stacks i will get hit with psychic drain and an immediate follow up melee and die through my DP and i dont think im undergeared for it .
here is my armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... het/simple
any tips at all would be a great help
also the clipping on the stupid orb is freakin infuriating


I'm having the same problem. I don't think I'm undergeared for it, but he is completely wrecking me. The Black Phase is going fine, each group goes through it without a hitch and we switched it up a bit so we have our DPS spread out to their furthest tentacles and sweep in, so DoT classes can finish off eyes and DoT up the boss and just maximize overall uptime on the Warlord.

I'll admit I could be a bit better with my cooldowns. I'm using MoBI for the first Psychic Drain, I use Shield Block (Prot Warrior, so 20% reduced magic damage) for the second, and MoBI for the third if there is one. I sometimes get trigger happy and pop both for the first psychic drain, leaving me with my 30% health increase/health regen abilities for the second one.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby d07.RiV » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 am

Almost got there, had two close wipes to enrage. Tried doing 5-5-5-5 and 7-5-5-5, our guess is that 7-7-5-5 should do the trick. We simply stand in 2 groups for bounces, and have a fire mage eat the 7th bounces. For black phases we split in 3 groups: 2 melee and a healer one side, tank/warlock/healer for claw, 2 ranged 1 melee 1 healer other side, and we get back just in time to bounce the orb.
Paladins should be the better tanks for this due to block DG - our bear was eating 100k+ hits sometimes (I was healing so he had to tank).
Image
d07.RiV
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Juugimus » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:34 pm

I've read the one ranged bounce strat and want to give it a try but I'm not sure how fire mages and shadow priests are able to solo bounce the orb? Are people using cooldowns on them or am I missing something?
Image

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Juugimus wrote:I've read the one ranged bounce strat and want to give it a try but I'm not sure how fire mages and shadow priests are able to solo bounce the orb? Are people using cooldowns on them or am I missing something?

Fire mages use cauterize and shadow priests use dispersion. These can only be used once per bounce phase, though. I get the feeling that you are confusing strategies.

Stacking the raid properly makes the bounce damage negligible. By that, I mean the strategy where you bounce between someone at ranged and the tank, with the rest of the raid within 15 yards of both bouncers. This strategy has been covered in this thread and I have a feeling that this is the strategy you were confusing with another.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Juugimus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 am

Belloc wrote:
Juugimus wrote:I've read the one ranged bounce strat and want to give it a try but I'm not sure how fire mages and shadow priests are able to solo bounce the orb? Are people using cooldowns on them or am I missing something?

Fire mages use cauterize and shadow priests use dispersion. These can only be used once per bounce phase, though. I get the feeling that you are confusing strategies.

Stacking the raid properly makes the bounce damage negligible. By that, I mean the strategy where you bounce between someone at ranged and the tank, with the rest of the raid within 15 yards of both bouncers. This strategy has been covered in this thread and I have a feeling that this is the strategy you were confusing with another.



I see now, thanks.
Image

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Adornus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:58 am

We killed this last night. We "accidently" took 9 bounces instead of 7 but we went 9-5-5-5 and beat enrage by 1 second (granted, we were missing two of our normal DPS).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK4SwG1F ... P0NjF1ELBc
(my view - Holy Paladin)

We split into two groups: 2 melee + 2 healers and 4 ranged + 1 healer. We did the standard motions for bounces. We also found it easier to run out and dispell rather than heal through the debuff. This seemed to stabilize us a little bit. When black phase came, we had every stack on claw to start. From there, we "waterfalled" out to the remaining stalks and eyes. When stacked on the claw, ranged can easily hit the nearest eyes, making it efficient to DPS those down first and have everyone grouped up for heavy AoE healing.
User avatar
Adornus
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 am

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Valhuur » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:30 am

We did some explorative pulls late last night and I'm seeing a lot more melee damage then I anticipated. What would be recommended, glyphed DP for Psychic drain, or unglyphed for high stacks boss damage. Was running both the glyph and the mirror last night :).
Valhuur protection paladin
Valhuur
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
?php } else { ?