[10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby Bellante » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:01 am

d07.RiV wrote:Regarding DK tanks here, I haven't seen it mentioned, but their huge advantage is that they can be freely healed during AMS, since they don't get deep corruption stacks wile it's up.

Does Death Strike give stacks (outside of AMS)?
Bellante

Postby daishan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:08 am

Has anyone tried going for a wog build as ret?
Any ideas on how effective the healing would be, and the dps cost of specing divinity and the other wog boosting talents and glyph?
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby d07.RiV » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:15 am

Bellante wrote:Does Death Strike give stacks (outside of AMS)?

No, it doesn't, neither does rune tap. Bloodworms might give stacks, we weren't sure, we made the DK spec out of them just in case. Deathknights often end up not so far from healers, if you have a lot of purple.

I don't see the point in speccing WoG, since it also gives a stack, and would heal for about as much as a divine light or similar.
d07.RiV

Postby Arkesh » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:21 am

d07.RiV wrote:I don't see the point in speccing WoG, since it also gives a stack, and would heal for about as much as a divine light or similar.

WoG doesn't give stacks, we used it plenty last night.
Arkesh

Postby Tamarins » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:39 pm

One of my guildies just told me that "bounce" heals targeted on a pet will heal people without adding a stack. Supposedly, Chain Heal, Wild Growth, Beacon, and PoM all work this way and can do a good chunk of heals while completely ignoring the purple mechanic. I won't have any opportunity to test this until Friday, can anyone else check up on it?
Tamarins

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:51 am

That would make sense with beacon, since pets don't get the debuff, and beacon doesn't stack - an interesting idea. Would it also apply to holy radiance? What about LoD?
Also, didn't know about WoG, thanks.
d07.RiV

Postby Jheherrin » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:59 am

Regarding DK tanks, I don't think a Lichborne/Death Coil would count toward stacks either.

Aside from that, our problem at the moment is just getting enough dps time on the boss.
We can survive till enrage, but we are short about 20% of the boss health.
We could probably have done about 5-10% more but we had a few botched calls on the oozes as our raid leader was distracted and we ended up getting most of the way to one ooze, before having to head back for a different one.
I think we also need to look at killing one of the black oozes at some point to try and get more single target dps time on Yor'sahj rather than having to aoe adds.
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Postby Lehvin » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:00 am

Hey.

So my guild wiped on this like 3 hours yesterday with NO progress whatsoever. Always wiped before the second blobs spawned.

We used the addon that tells us what to kill and the combinations shouldn't have been the issue. So basically what happened. If we got Purple-Blue-X, we wiped since our healers went oom and the tank got oneshot. If we got Purple-Black-X we died even when stacked up (without green ofc) Either adds just pounded someone to death or Red managed to hit the same target twice or both. If Green-Black-X happened, we just couldn't handle the spreading and killing the adds at the same time. So basically we couldn't handle ANY combos :D. We had 1 tank and 2 healers. Even tried with 3 healers, but since purple is left up, didn't work either.

So any pointers how and when to use raid CDs to even survive the easy combos? Additionally, we might be a little undergeared, but i doubt that. 385 is the average ilvl in the raid. We have 2 Rallying crys, 2 Aura Masterys, a Barrier and Tranq at our disposal. Can't really use those all on the same phase just to survive.
Lehvin

Postby sakkdaddy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:04 am

Blue Purple Green Yellow - - > Yellow

Is yellow definitely better than green here, or are they fairly close? I was planning on going with killing Green here since it does more damage per person...but I haven't seen the healing required with purple+green or purple+yellow yet.
sakkdaddy

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:53 am

Kill yellow, since the damage from green about the same per person (which is very low), but yellow really hurts the tank. You won't be able to aoe heal with purple anyway, so spreading out shouldn't hurt you. You shouldn't have to kill the void either, so melee won't have to stack up.
d07.RiV

Postby Arkesh » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:03 am

Tamarins wrote:One of my guildies just told me that "bounce" heals targeted on a pet will heal people without adding a stack. Supposedly, Chain Heal, Wild Growth, Beacon, and PoM all work this way and can do a good chunk of heals while completely ignoring the purple mechanic. I won't have any opportunity to test this until Friday, can anyone else check up on it?

I can confirm that putting beacon on the tank and spamming our hunter's pet last night does bypass the stacks, it made the purple phases a lot more manageable. Can't confirm the other heals however.
Arkesh

Postby Jheherrin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:46 am

Killing the mana voids asap is not a good idea.
We leave our first mana void and dps it as and when we can till it is at about 10%.
When the next mana void spawns, kill the first mana void.
Only having to kill 10% of the mana void means that your OOM time is far shorter than if you had to dps from 100%.
Of course, this doesn't alleviate the problem of the first mana void, but it does mean that you can afford to blow any mana regen cooldowns on the first void, knowing that you will not need to on subsequent mana voids.
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Postby d07.RiV » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:52 am

We did it with a bear tank this week, no mirror/elixir/etc, and it went much worse than with a DK last week. Had to brez him once, that with 3 hands of sac being used on CD.
d07.RiV

Postby Carabas » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:53 am

We tried him yesterday, pretty nasty fight. I glyphed Divine Protection and equipped Mirror of truth to ease healers work (what do you think about this?), our problem is still the adds in black phase, they seem to ignore taunt and aggro list (any advice for them too?) and tear people apart
Carabas

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:27 am

Carabas wrote:We tried him yesterday, pretty nasty fight. I glyphed Divine Protection and equipped Mirror of truth to ease healers work (what do you think about this?), our problem is still the adds in black phase, they seem to ignore taunt and aggro list (any advice for them too?) and tear people apart

They can't be reliably tanked. You're expected to taunt them on cooldown whenever they are up. Also, make sure your DPS doesn't go AOE crazy on them immediately -- wait a few seconds before opening up. At least... that's the impression I've gotten from this thread.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)