Remove Advertisements

[10] Ultraxion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Ultraxion

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Also note that there is a key binding option for the special button. In the event that someone's button does not appear, I imagine that the key binding will still function.
Belloc

Postby Outt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks, appreciate the feedback! When we get there Friday we'll give it a shot w/ 2 tanks, 2 heals or so, and if DPS is still an issue I'll try to solo Tank it, but hopefully we won't have to.

Anyways, I was still hung up on Fading Light. I want to use Heroic Will w/ around ~3sec left on the Debuff correct? Since I have never been able to use it in LFR, I never got a chance to see if that's what I do to prevent myself from dieing(had to be BRezzed 4 times cuz Ardent doesn't do ANYTHING to stop you from dieing w/ Fading Light expiring)
Outt

Postby rodos » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:26 pm

I would suggest trying 2-healing this fight for more dps. Any time you can cut off the 6th minute is a huge bonus.

Our setup is the same as yours, but our priest switches between holy and disc. We beat it with the shaman dpsing, disc priest and holy paladin (me). Priest took red for the whole fight, and with some smite healing did about 900k damage to the boss. I took green, then switched to blue.

Personally I find green a bit lackluster because tank damage isn't really that bad, apart from a couple of DL required after Hour of Twilight. Green doesn't duplicate HoTs, so Radiance doesn't get fully doubled by green. Blue is totally insane for Holy Radiance. When I popped AW in the critical end phase my heals peaked at 116k hps (in only 380 ilvl gear).

Paladins may be a little overpowered on this fight.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/10N/hps/

Most of these parses seem to have the paladin picking red then blue, with the other healer taking green, except for a couple where the paladin solo-heals the fight...

Edit: Yes, when you get Fading Light, standard procedure is to have the off tank taunt and then you use Heroic Will with a few seconds left on the debuff. Wait a few seconds after you come back to the twilight and you can taunt back.
rodos

Postby Zalaria » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Outt wrote:Thanks, appreciate the feedback! When we get there Friday we'll give it a shot w/ 2 tanks, 2 heals or so, and if DPS is still an issue I'll try to solo Tank it, but hopefully we won't have to.

Anyways, I was still hung up on Fading Light. I want to use Heroic Will w/ around ~3sec left on the Debuff correct? Since I have never been able to use it in LFR, I never got a chance to see if that's what I do to prevent myself from dieing(had to be BRezzed 4 times cuz Ardent doesn't do ANYTHING to stop you from dieing w/ Fading Light expiring)

Fading Light

If you're in the twilight realm, you're dead. It's not a "you take a crapton of damage"... it's "you're dead now." Ardent Defender saves you only if damage would kill you.

If you Heroic Will into the normal realm, you live. Wait for your offtank to get Fading Light, and taunt Ult back.

If you still have trouble with your Heroic Will button (or think you might) make a macro out of this. It'll always work, even if your button is wonky:
Code: Select all
/click ExtraActionButton1
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Zalaria wrote:If you still have trouble with your Heroic Will button (or think you might) make a macro out of this. It'll always work, even if your button is wonky:
Code: Select all
/click ExtraActionButton1

You can also use the key binding settings to bind a key or mouse button directly to the extra action button.
rodos

Postby Serenais » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 am

Just to note, I found out that one can circumvent the Fading Light bug without any addons by putting oneself on focus; the debuff shows there properly, at least it is so in my case.
Serenais

Postby Cowmmunion » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:45 am

I found that Power Aura worked really well for Fading Light.

Fading Light Debuff Timer:
Version:4.22; icon:Ability_Druid_TwilightsWrath; buffname:Fading Light; x:194; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; y:-28; ismounted:0; timer.h:2.09; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-143; timer.x:186

Pops up a nice big picture with a timer counting down, was far for me than looking at my buff bar and squinting a little bit. When you have fading light on you, it's pretty much the most important thing you can do to hit that button at the right time, so I don't mind a big icon popping up for those 10 seconds.
Cowmmunion

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:44 am

We're being DPSblocked by this guy now and have a question or two.

How does Last Defender of Azeorth work? Will a Holy Paladin with RF up be seen as a "tank" and have their Divine Protection cooldown cut in half? Would this make it a 15 second cooldown with a 20 second duration? If so that would be a 100% uptime 40% magic damage reduction which would be rather awesome for reducing his raid damage taken.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 pm

How does Last Defender of Azeorth work? Will a Holy Paladin with RF up be seen as a "tank" and have their Divine Protection cooldown cut in half? Would this make it a 15 second cooldown with a 20 second duration? If so that would be a 100% uptime 40% magic damage reduction which would be rather awesome for reducing his raid damage taken.

DivProt has a base 1 min CD, so with Defender (for my tank) its 30 secs CD with 20 sec uptime. My Holy Pally did not get ANY benefit from Defender for my CDs, although I was not running Righteous Fury so I do not know if that would affect it, but raid damage on the healers does not seem to be the limiting factor.

When I'm on my holy Pally (we stack fairly tight), I generally spam 3xHolyRad + 1 LoD (and some direct heals), till the other healer takes the Red buff. I try to stand towards the back of the stack for LoD as that seems more effective than standing at the front and turning to use it. With the other healer getting the Red buff for his AOE heals, I can then ease into some more direct heals on tanks and lower raid memebrs until Green spawns (I still do some HolyRad & LoD though). With the Green crystal, my holy Pally can just become a tank healer with effectively a 'free' HolyRadiance from the Green buff. We generally pop Hero around ~25%ish and burn him. The end phase is also a great time for the Holy Pally to use his throughput buffs again, to maximize the benefit from green. WoG DOES proc the Green AOE heal. So I can maintain Judgement haste buff and spam DivLight + some HolyShock and WoG and the raid gets plenty of splash heals from the Green buff.

edit: to help maintain Mana, I will generally pop DivPlea jsut before an Hour of twilight as i'm not casting in the twilight realm anyways, and the tank eating Hour should have a long enough duration from LastDefender that he can live from the other healer or some low heals from me. I have laso unglyphed HolyWrath and gone back to Glyphed LayonHands for a mana burst there.

The best advice is to two heal it. The extra damage output will help down the boss before or shortly after the danger zone that begins after the boss gets his 5th buff at the 5min mark. Prior to the Red buff becoming available, two competent healers should not have a problem. The Red buff, should sustain healing until the Green buff becomes available, and that should last until a little past the 5min mark. I think even 2 healing using self throughput CDs and Hero, two heals should be able to last thru about 5'15" or so, maybe even past 5'30" with carefully planned raid CDs, as tank raid CDS DO get the Defender CD reduction. So you can have your tanks use their raid CDs just before/after most of the Hours or save them for the burn phase, so as to aid the healers, if needed.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:08 pm

My question is more the "stupid easy" aspect of making a macro that would keep a pretty sizable damage reduction cooldown up on someone.

Our best DPS healer is one of the two healers we'd keep and I have no idea how good the healer who'd go DPS is at actual DPSing as shadow.

We'd have a Holy Paladin and Holy Priest as our healers and Holy Radiance with the blue crystal is supposedly amazing, mana neutral smart AoE healing compared to the group based Prayer of Healing. So my gut is telling me to have the Holy Paladin not take anything until blue but be on tanks, have the priest pick up Red for AoE needs and then have the priest go to tank healing when the blue comes out and pick up the green while the Paladin goes directly to HR*3>LoD spam.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Zalaria » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 pm

To my knowledge, kitties are the only spec that can cheat the Last Defender buff. It checks spec for Prot/Prot/Feral/Blood, and for feral it checks for bear form. That means your Holy/Ret/Arms/Fury/Resto/Balance/Frost/Unholy specs simply can't get it, and kitties can get it if they go bear until they get Last Defender.
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Flex wrote:We'd have a Holy Paladin and Holy Priest as our healers and Holy Radiance with the blue crystal is supposedly amazing, mana neutral smart AoE healing compared to the group based Prayer of Healing. So my gut is telling me to have the Holy Paladin not take anything until blue but be on tanks, have the priest pick up Red for AoE needs and then have the priest go to tank healing when the blue comes out and pick up the green while the Paladin goes directly to HR*3>LoD spam.

We try to avoid strict healing assignments unless absolute necessary, so I have a somewhat biased perspective, but even that sounds overly complicated to me. Everyone's stacked up to the extent that all AoE heals are tank heals; I'm not sure it needs a dedicated assignment, and Holy Radiance is just so, so powerful on this fight that it seems a shame to not use it for the majority of the fight.
Epimer

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Zalaria wrote:To my knowledge, kitties are the only spec that can cheat the Last Defender buff. It checks spec for Prot/Prot/Feral/Blood

As far as I know the game can't check spec, thus all the anger about LFR loot.
Flex

Postby Zalaria » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Boss effects can check spec, such as Majordomo in cat form never jumping to melee or tank specs. The LFR issues are because the loot system can't.
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Cowmmunion » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:09 pm

We weren't even close to the DPS requirements for 3-healing it. Wiping at ~14% with no fail deaths.

Switched our best healer to his 20k dps offspec and we had him down to 152k in 2 tries before wife aggro. I think we were making it to ~5:15 with 2 heals. On our kills, our DPS had it down around 4:57, with Time Warp at about 4:15. If you aren't making it to ~5:10 or so, I'd look at the healing. If you are making it past 5:15 and still dying, it's a pretty strict DPS failure.

Most Holy Paladin's that I've looked at are doing at least 55% of their healing in this fight with Holy Radiance. Some are upwards of 70%.
Cowmmunion

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)