Remove Advertisements

[10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Metherlance » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:53 am

crotchet wrote:anybody have a set CD rotation they are using tanking this heroic? im getting pretty messed up at about 4-5 stacks i will get hit with psychic drain and an immediate follow up melee and die through my DP and i dont think im undergeared for it .
here is my armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... het/simple
any tips at all would be a great help
also the clipping on the stupid orb is freakin infuriating

You are way over block cap (~10%) and hence have pretty low hp pool. Re-gem, reforge, try again. :P

And for Belloc, never seen it happen in our attempts.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby madmessias » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:13 am

So gonna try this, i've seen one movie where they have 8people in meele, 1x ranged, and let the orb bounce between the tank and the ranged.. how is this even possible? It goes right through the boss without hitting him..?

Also if anyone got some nice chart on how you handle the blackphase adds, please link it :)
madmessias

Postby Kthx » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 am

Belloc wrote:
Kthx wrote:Anyone have issues with Claw of Go'rath doing ooze spit at the end, even when tanked?

When we get around 12% and are burning Zon'ozz, the claw starts ooze spitting and wipes everyone. We have him tanked so I don't get why he's doing it.

Do the claws grab and throw the tank, as they sometimes do while clearing trash?

nope, the tank was stacked on the claw tanking it at all times
Kthx

Postby rijn dael » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:34 pm

madmessias wrote:i've seen one movie where they have 8people in meele, 1x ranged, and let the orb bounce between the tank and the ranged

Haven't seen anyone do it - but the orb 'de-powers' and goes fairly see-through after each bounce for 4-5sec, in that state nothing will trigger it - I assume that includes the boss.

They must have some pretty intense cooldowns to cycle on the ranged/tank to soak the damage though - sure it is heroic?
rijn dael

Postby Hidden » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:29 pm

The 'melees' probably shared the damage. The orb damage has quite a big radius and if you do it like us (1 ranged ~15y behind the boss, rest of ranged ~5y behind boss, melees at max melee range) most of the raid soaks all bounces. It also triggers off of the tank most of the time using that tactic.
Hidden

Postby Adornus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 am

Are there any tricks people found for dealing with the insane amount of damage that is going out? Granted, we only put in 10 attempts with our "not A-squad" but it seemed like all healers were doing 25k+ healing and by the end of the second black phase, were close to OOM.

More specifically for me, are your hpals just taking the loss and casting HR planning to only hit 5 targets? I feel like single target healing here just isn't working and HR HR HS LoD is probably a much better idea (which I didn't try but probably should have).

It just felt that this fight was insanely more difficult than Yor'sahj (which we 2 healed 1 tanked).
Adornus

Postby Adornus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:04 am

Hidden wrote:The 'melees' probably shared the damage. The orb damage has quite a big radius and if you do it like us (1 ranged ~15y behind the boss, rest of ranged ~5y behind boss, melees at max melee range) most of the raid soaks all bounces. It also triggers off of the tank most of the time using that tactic.

This sounds like it would almost trivialize the first phase making it much easier to push higher bounces. Have you downed him using this? What amount of bounces do you usually push?
Adornus

Postby warden » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 am

Look and see what kind of ranged they're using. We solo-soak ranged bounces with fire mages and shadow priests on 25. Depending on the comp and number of bounces, they could be doing this.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby madmessias » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Are the Flails or Eye's more importmant to kill first? :)
madmessias

Postby timoseewho » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:39 pm

madmessias wrote:Are the Flails or Eye's more importmant to kill first? :)

I'm not sure which of the 3 adds is more lethal in terms of their abilities but I like to kill the flails first because they have the least amount of HP and it doesn't matter which add you kill, it removes a debuff stack regardless, which in turn means less healing required by healers.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Hidden » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Adornus wrote:
Hidden wrote:The 'melees' probably shared the damage. The orb damage has quite a big radius and if you do it like us (1 ranged ~15y behind the boss, rest of ranged ~5y behind boss, melees at max melee range) most of the raid soaks all bounces. It also triggers off of the tank most of the time using that tactic.

This sounds like it would almost trivialize the first phase making it much easier to push higher bounces. Have you downed him using this? What amount of bounces do you usually push?

Once we had the proper setup, we downed him in our 6th attempt using that tactic.

We were able to go for 9 bounces but in the end we didn't need more than 7-7-7-5 without using any CDs but tank CDs for bounces.

Oh, and eyes usually do more damage to the raid. In the end we had the following raid positions in shadow phases (just a rough draft I did for another guild a few days ago):

Ideal setup should be:
Any 3 healers
Any tank (if possible with 4pcT13)
1 Rogue
5 Range (ideally SPs/Moonkins/Warlocks) or 4 Range/1 Melee
Hidden

Postby Adornus » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:00 am

Do you do an "L" shape to make it easier to bounce between tank and range (to ensure it doesn't hit boss)?
Adornus

Postby Winkle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:09 am

Adornus wrote:Do you do an "L" shape to make it easier to bounce between tank and range (to ensure it doesn't hit boss)?

The orb takes 5 seconds to coalesce (turn solid) after each bounce, so i assume they're close enough that it just doesn't turn solid?
Winkle

Postby Arincia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Can you draw a picture of this is done because I'm really interested to know how to set it up (distances formation etc)
Arincia

Postby Winkle » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:29 am

Arincia wrote:

Can you draw a picture of this is done because I'm really interested to know how to set it up (distances formation etc)

Here's my interpretation, basically the ball bounces between the Tank and the 1 ranged (pink). However they're close enough to the ranged/melee group that the orb bounce is always soaked by 8 people.

Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)