Karazhan - Netherspite

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 am

Jensaarai wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:We use Rogue/Cats to tank the green beam. This causes their DPS to skyrocket because the Green Beam decreases the cost of their abilities with 0 downside. Because of the lack of aggro in this fight, this allows their DPS to skyrocket. Last Netherspite kill we used only 2 rounds to kill him. I think it works pretty well.

Really? Cool...

I've had a feral druid or two in there and the green beam actually increases the healing effect of their ILotP aura...they heal themselves for crazy amounts when they crit in the green beam, heh.

Yeah it's fairly absurd... one of my guys was shouting about 32 energy backstabs the first time we needed him tank the beam... Once we figured out that this worked, the fight became serious cake.
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:19 am

Also I suspect DPS warriors would work the same way.
Sabindeus

Postby Lore » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:23 am

DPS warriors would work similarly, but not as well as a rogue or cat. Most Warrior DPS abilities are on a short cooldown, whereas most rogue or cat DPS abilities are not. Plus, rogues and cats have only a 1 second global cooldown, whereas a Warrior is still 1.5. Backstabs every second > spamming heroic strike.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lightskin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:21 am

I'm having problems with this encounter as a tank and as a healer. We didn't exactly have the best make-up either.

Killing 9 bosses in Kara then wiping all night on Netherspite is kinda deterring...

The door closed on us twice when not everyone got in, we found a solution to that quickly by getting everyone stacking into the right corner of the door, then asking the warlock when it was safe to go inside.

Our biggest problem seems to be keeping people alive during banish phase because he seems to be going on a random pew pew stage where you cannot maintain aggro.

On top of the pew pew, everyone gets spread out, we tried clumping together in a certain corner but maintaining some stream of separation so we don't get owned all out once but that didn't seem to work out too well.

Also tried assigning healers quadrants (we had 3 healers and me tankadin spot healing) around the boss to alive the stress from each healer.

My question is, should I be actually tanking with healing gear on instead of actually tanking? Should I sit out for this fight and have Warriors tank it?

I'm really stumped.

We got him down to 45% and that was our best attempt.
Lightskin

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:16 am

Sabindeus wrote:We use Rogue/Cats to tank the green beam. This causes their DPS to skyrocket because the Green Beam decreases the cost of their abilities with 0 downside. Because of the lack of aggro in this fight, this allows their DPS to skyrocket. Last Netherspite kill we used only 2 rounds to kill him. I think it works pretty well.

QFT

BTW, to someone earlier: You only need 2 tanks. It is a timing thing -- First tank stays in the red beam for about 20 ticks, then steps out of the beam letting it hit nubspite for 8-10 ticks, then steps back in till he gets banished. Wash rinse repeat.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lightskin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:06 am

new: inc patch netherspite nerf
Lightskin

Previous

Return to Karazhan