Remove Advertisements

LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Barathorn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:21 am

halabar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Flame all you want, those are the cold hard facts of playing in a top level guild or at the top level of competition in most genre's. You have to make hard choices [which involve exploiting sometimes] which you don't at lower levels of competition. Sometimes you make a wrong choice and you get punished for it. That is simply how it is, you push boundaries for any advantage you can get. I don't think that is right, but it is just how it is.

I don't like cheaters, but I understand why they do it.


/confused.

So you condone cheating, but yet you don't like it. So how do you feel about doped baseball players or cyclists?


Grrrr Hal I was trying to step away :evil:

Ok I really don't like cheating as I said.

I do understand however why sometimes it happens. I also know that if I was placed in a position where 24 other people needed me to be ok with something I may do that because we could then be unified. It might be a hard choice and sometimes you have to say NO but other times you say YES. It is dependant on many many factors. It isn't black and white to me. I would have to think about each issue as it happened.

In the perfect virtual world the system would be fully checked so that exploits could not happen. It wasn't despite repeated reports to Blizzard and here we are. In the real world the systems generally are checked at a much higher level thus making exploits harder with considerably harsher punishments.

I don't personally think the two are comparable.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby djlar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:25 am

I just heard now everybody is trying to cheat, regardless of consequence...

This is from an Australian forum:

"LFR double reset. I already full cleared it prior to maint and got loot, now im able to receive VP and loot from all bosses again in LFR"

When confronted by other members about cheating and maybe getting banned

"Yeh, The entire population of every oceanic server timed server is exploiting. Big ban wave inc. Idiot.."

So this guy exploited a bug and calling everyone that didn't do it an idiot..
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:02 am

djlar wrote:I just heard now everybody is trying to cheat, regardless of consequence...

This is from an Australian forum:

"LFR double reset. I already full cleared it prior to maint and got loot, now im able to receive VP and loot from all bosses again in LFR"

When confronted by other members about cheating and maybe getting banned

"Yeh, The entire population of every oceanic server timed server is exploiting. Big ban wave inc. Idiot.."

So this guy exploited a bug and calling everyone that didn't do it an idiot..


This is a bit different. The guy is a tool, but we've had resets before that allowed people to go back in to other raids and such.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby djlar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:19 am

It seems oceanic realms are taking full advantage of this "bug", double resets getting double chances of loot every week?

This is the guy bragging about cheating the system

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... ffjob/feed
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:03 am

djlar wrote:It seems oceanic realms are taking full advantage of this "bug", double resets getting double chances of loot every week?

This is the guy bragging about cheating the system

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... ffjob/feed



that's the way to attract the hammer....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 am

lythac wrote:I am guessing a lot of people in this thread blasting the cheaters cheated their way into Heroic 5 mans early (on their main don't care about alts) under average ilvl 329 by holding onto irrelevant gear (cloth/mail etc), cheating the system, leading to gear faster, Valor points faster and better tier 11 progression.

Blizzard has explicitly said that doing so is OK, though, so that's not cheating. It's merely living withing the letter, if perhaps not the assumed spirit, of the RDF's requirements. If you feel that you can compensate for gear with skill, go for it -- even more so if your teammates are willing to accept it too.

If I'd had money to spend on getting into heroics early (and were a DPS class that doesn't have to worry about things like surviving the hits ;)), I would have done it. I bought my hunter a full set of pvp gear specifically so that I could go straight to Troll dungeons, and ended up doing better damage than most better-geared people I ran into there. I'd have done a LOT more in 346 PvE gear, but I certainly pulled my weight versus the random pug-mates.

Trying content early isn't cheating, as the "cost" of doing so is that you're undergeared, and at greater risk of failure.
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4036
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:19 am

I dunno, I was afraid of heroics at the beginning of cata that I didn't go thru until I had several epics on me (from reputation rewards and BoEs), to the point that I was close to 340 when I stepped into heroics.

And I did the same in my other tanks too because I don't want to be an undergeared tank, specially because at times we're forced to pick up the slack of dps/healers that are actually cheating the ilvl requirement.

Of course, that's just me and your mileage may vary.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11025
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby djlar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 am

halabar wrote:
djlar wrote:It seems oceanic realms are taking full advantage of this "bug", double resets getting double chances of loot every week?

This is the guy bragging about cheating the system

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... ffjob/feed



that's the way to attract the hammer....


And basically he's saying.. most of the realm players got to do this so I don't think they are banning us all, so I will keep doing it...

Maybe they won't ban them all, but Blizz can easily take away the loot, fix the bug next week.. I just hope next Tuesday it doesn't happen again and these guys keep doing it with no consequence at all.. I'm still wondering the odd time resets, can Blizzard figure out timezones?
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 am

djlar wrote:
halabar wrote:
djlar wrote:It seems oceanic realms are taking full advantage of this "bug", double resets getting double chances of loot every week?

This is the guy bragging about cheating the system

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... ffjob/feed



that's the way to attract the hammer....


And basically he's saying.. most of the realm players got to do this so I don't think they are banning us all, so I will keep doing it...

Maybe they won't ban them all, but Blizz can easily take away the loot, fix the bug next week.. I just hope next Tuesday it doesn't happen again and these guys keep doing it with no consequence at all.. I'm still wondering the odd time resets, can Blizzard figure out timezones?


Yep, whenever it gets this blatant, they won't ban, but they will strip loot, if they can figure out legit vs not.

However, since it's due to resets, they may not be able to. The guy being a jerk about it might feel the hammer, or at least the loot-snipe.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Zacharia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 am

halabar wrote:This is a bit different. The guy is a tool, but we've had resets before that allowed people to go back in to other raids and such.


How is it different from the LFR loot exploit that got so many guilds banned?
Zacharia
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:33 am

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby halabar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 am

Zacharia wrote:
halabar wrote:This is a bit different. The guy is a tool, but we've had resets before that allowed people to go back in to other raids and such.


How is it different from the LFR loot exploit that got so many guilds banned?


Because the Blizzard maintenance schedule is creating the problem.

First case: Guilds discover bug in system that requires coordinated effort to bypass loot system, having one fresh body pass on loot, and then everyone else zones back in and can divide loot.

Second case: After maintenance, random noob looks and says, "Hey, I can run it again!!!".
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby djlar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 am

Blizzard says:

"The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657282028

These guys are claiming there are 2 lockout periods on Oceanic realms, so they aren't cheating, they are just getting more lockouts because Blizzard allow them to.
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:50 am

Yeah, but that seems to be an unintended consequence, and thus still an exploit in my book.

In fact, I'd say it also falls under Section C of the code of conduct.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11025
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 am

Or, it is an unintended side effect of the 2 lockout per week that blizzard was introducing in certain parts of the world as a test run.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:58 am

Could be. Right now, this is pretty nebulous, but I'm leaning towards a bug on blizzard's part that is getting exploited.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11025
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest