[10H] Ultraxion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10H] Ultraxion

Postby rijn dael » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:35 am

Ultraxion 10h

Differences:
-Must maintain two players outside for each Hour of Twilight (requiring >300k ehp to survive, cannot do two HoT's in a row)
-Hour of Twilight cast time shortened to 3sec
-6min hard enrage, you die at 6min 6sec

Got this tonight (woo :-) )
Did 2tank 3heal and had in the order of 10+ sub500k wipes to enrage, but never had healing problems.
Most kills so far seem to be 2tank2heal - which shouldn't have issues with enrage, but might have issues with healing the last minute.

Logs->
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qkp0hdn7ul5pb22g/

Vid->
http://www.saveyoutube.com/watch?v=lJnVJGFL1z0
Last edited by rijn dael on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rijn dael

Re: [10H] Ultraxion

Postby timoseewho » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey! Congrats! Can you enlighten me on your rotation for Hour of Twilight? Also to anyone else who posts, lemme know what can be used to survive that cast:]. Thanks!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby rijn dael » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 pm

ty :)
Got a vid up now if that helps - the soak calls are included.
You may need to ignore the expletives at a particular individual throughout the fight :P

For cooldowns, we set up three groups, and just rotated through. The order / makeup varied since we changed our lineup a heap to get past the last 500k damage, but the basic idea was the same. Nothing will save you from a second HoT in a row - you just die.

we used:
Mage(fire - cauterise)
DPriest(pain suppression used as an external CD to stack on people - mostly on our pally)
Spriest(dispersion)
Hunter(deterence)
Tanks (stacking their own cd's + painsuppression as needed).
HPally (used raidwall etc).
Last edited by rijn dael on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
rijn dael

Postby Hidden » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:03 am

Since we'll probably kill Hagara later today (6% wipe yesterday), would there be anything hindering you from doing a rotation like this?
Tank + Rogue (Feint)
Tank + Shadow (Dispersion)
Tank + Rogue (Feint)
Tank + Hunter (Deterrence)
Tank + Rogue (Feint)
Tank + Fire (Cauterize)
Repeat

And Fading Light now affects the tank + 2 players, correctly? The dungeon guide is a bit misleading there.
Hidden

Postby rijn dael » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:38 am

Edit, what jaitee said, do 3 groups!

Fading light is 3 total, tank+2 random players yes.
Last edited by rijn dael on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rijn dael

Postby Hidden » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:36 am

Feint is a 10 second CD 5 second duration 50% AoE damage reduction, in normal mode I could just use Feint every HoT and stay in the shadow realm almost permanently so if I'm not missing anything now, Rogues should trivialize that fight mechanic on HC then.
Hidden

Postby Jaitee » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:00 pm

you get a 2 minute debuff when you soak an hour of twilight so each player can only soak every 3rd one so you need 6 players to do it on 10 man

i also found a somewhat nifty trick last night if you pop DP before thrall applys his buff that makes your CDs way better when he gives you the buff it will reset the cooldown i dont know if this applies to goak and AD i know holy shield is unaffected though

and the debuff you get after fading light is changed in heroic instead of making you unable to get threat for 10 seconds it makes you take 100% increased physical damage for 5 seconds
Jaitee

Postby Hidden » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 am

We killed him in a handful of pulls after killing Hagara yesterday using 2 healers, 2 tanks, 6 DPS. We also noticed that you can only take every 3rd HoT so we changed the rotation to:

1: Tank Feral (4pc Frenzied Regeneration) + Moonkin (4pc Frenzied Regeneration from Feral, Barkskin, specced -6% spell damage)
2: Prot Warrior (one self CD) + Rogue (Cloak)
3: Shadow (Dispersion unglyphed) + Ret (Bubble)
4: Tank Feral (one self CD) + Hunter (Deterrence)
5: Prot Warrior (one self CD) + Rogue (Cloak)
6: Shadow (Dispersion unglyphed) + Holy Paladin (Bubble)
Bloodlust here
7: Tank Feral (one self CD) + Hunter (Deterrence)
Boss dies here
Hidden

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 pm

i also found a somewhat nifty trick last night if you pop DP before thrall applys his buff that makes your CDs way better when he gives you the buff it will reset the cooldown i dont know if this applies to goak and AD i know holy shield is unaffected though

Actually, my experience is that Thrall will reset ALL defensive CDs, including Holy Shield, GanK, DivGuard, and DivProt. I expect this would also be true for all other raid CDs, and will test out Aura Mastery this Tuesday. I have thought about this and decided it was probably a side effect that the developers decided not to bother with as the damage in the first few seconds of the fight are not great enough for it to matter anyways.

I first noticed this effect with Holy Shield, then tried it with all of my other defensive CDs, and Thrall does reset ALL of them, at least on normal mode, and I cannot believe that it is different on heroic. But again, at the end of the day, even if you blow all CDs right after pull, you are avoiding what 50k? raid damage over the first 15 secs or something. So I believe Blizz just left it as a trivial side effect.

They probably felt that if someone used a side effect prior to Thrall's defender buff, then players might have to wait the full normal CD whereas otherwise it would be available twice as often for twice as long with the buff. Having to wait 15 secs to use any defensive CDs so as to be certain the buff applies, was probably a worry Blizz did not want raids to have to face, in case of issues at pull.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Arincia » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 pm

I was reading the dungeon journal description on the debuff:
Looming Darkness – When struck by Hour of Twilight, powerful waves of Twilight energy course through the victim, rendering them more susceptible to the harmful effects of Hour of Twilight. Players instantly die if Hour of Twilight inflicts additional damage to them.

I'm wondering about the underlined portion if you could AD or immunity through a 2nd one and still live?
(also watching videos seems its 45 seconds between Hour of twilight is anyone can confirm?)

Also i think this is one tank fight if you can have a tank pet as 2nd highest threat the entire time for making it easier on fading out (100% more pysical dmg for 5 seconds with a pally doesn't seem unreasonable)

Otherwise I'm looking for advice for my groups comp on getting through 7 of the Hour of Twilight.
We have 2 pally tanks, holy paladin, resto druid, ele shaman, lock, mage, warrior, rogue.

Initially I'm thinking:

Rogue+mage (immune)
Tank 1+druid (DG+Hand of sac+barkskin)
Tank 2+warrior (DG+hand of sac+shield wall)
Rogue+holy pally (feint+hand of sac rogue; immune pally)
Tank 1+druid (same as before)
Tank 2+lock (20% transfer pet+Hand of sac+DG rogue)
Rogue+mage (cloak+cauterize)
Arincia

Postby Jaitee » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Arincia wrote:I was reading the dungeon journal description on the debuff:
Looming Darkness – When struck by Hour of Twilight, powerful waves of Twilight energy course through the victim, rendering them more susceptible to the harmful effects of Hour of Twilight. Players instantly die if Hour of Twilight inflicts additional damage to them.

I'm wondering about the underlined portion if you could AD or immunity through a 2nd one and still live?
(also watching videos seems its 45 seconds between Hour of twilight is anyone can confirm?)

Also i think this is one tank fight if you can have a tank pet as 2nd highest threat the entire time for making it easier on fading out (100% more pysical dmg for 5 seconds with a pally doesn't seem unreasonable)

Otherwise I'm looking for advice for my groups comp on getting through 7 of the Hour of Twilight.
We have 2 pally tanks, holy paladin, resto druid, ele shaman, lock, mage, warrior, rogue.

Initially I'm thinking:

Rogue+mage (immune)

no cheat death effect will stop a second hour of twilight from killing you it doesnt do damage it just makes your character dead
Jaitee

Postby Arincia » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 pm

thanks for the clarification.
Arincia

Postby Bellanka » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Arincia wrote:Rogue+mage (immune)

Having your Mage relying on cauterize toward the end is a little dangerous. One arc would finish him off.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby d07.RiV » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:36 pm

A few questions:

1. Is it possible to solo-tank? I have holy shield up all the time, and unglyphed DP every 20 seconds out of 30 (4t12 covering the remaining 10 seconds.. even though it's not real damage reduction), would that be enough to cover 100% increased physical damage? And how risky is it to click at the last second of fading light, and taunt immediately afterwards, spamming RD as it wears off? Hopefully, some time into the fight, I should have enough threat so DPS don't beat me by 10% after taunt. Although I'm not sure if its helpful at all, since we might not have enough cooldowns to survive HoT's.

2. Does Aura Mastery help against HoT at all? It says unresistable in encounter journal, does it apply to partial resists as well?

3. Would Hand of Sacrifice work, if the paladin that casted it leaves twilight realm?
Would AMS work, or would it only absorb 100k or whatever?

3. So bubble/iceblock work fine, without causing a wipe (e.g. not enough valid targets in twilight realm)? I was worried we wouldn't have enough cooldowns due to having no rogues/priests, but if this is the case, I'm pretty sure we have more than enough.

Regarding rogues, there's no need to use feint for HoT, since cloak is 2 minutes cooldown, and you can't survive HoT more often than that, anyway. Feint is still great for reducing overall damage, of course (pity you can't go sub here).
d07.RiV

Postby Hidden » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:39 pm

d07.RiV wrote:A few questions:

1. Is it possible to solo-tank? I have holy shield up all the time, and unglyphed DP every 20 seconds out of 30 (4t12 covering the remaining 10 seconds.. even though it's not real damage reduction), would that be enough to cover 100% increased physical damage? And how risky is it to click at the last second of fading light, and taunt immediately afterwards, spamming RD as it wears off? Hopefully, some time into the fight, I should have enough threat so DPS don't beat me by 10% after taunt. Although I'm not sure if its helpful at all, since we might not have enough cooldowns to survive HoT's.

It's fairly RNG, the boss hits really hard in HC and you'd probably lose a DPS every second HoT on average.

2. Does Aura Mastery help against HoT at all? It says unresistable in encounter journal, does it apply to partial resists as well?

You can't resist at all, this includes partial resists.

3. Would Hand of Sacrifice work, if the paladin that casted it leaves twilight realm?
Would AMS work, or would it only absorb 100k or whatever?

Haven't tested HoS but I heard it works. AMS would probably require another small CD to keep a DPS DK alive (it only absorbs up to 50% of the DK's hp, so ~76k).

3. So bubble/iceblock work fine, without causing a wipe (e.g. not enough valid targets in twilight realm)? I was worried we wouldn't have enough cooldowns due to having no rogues/priests, but if this is the case, I'm pretty sure we have more than enough.

Yep, they work.

Regarding rogues, there's no need to use feint for HoT, since cloak is 2 minutes cooldown, and you can't survive HoT more often than that, anyway. Feint is still great for reducing overall damage, of course (pity you can't go sub here).

Yep, our Rogue cloaked every HoT he soaked.
Hidden

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)