Remove Advertisements

[10H] Hagara

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Hagara

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Not really having trouble with the non-ice/lightning phases, but ice phase is really killing us.

2tank/3heal atm, we get close to burning the first two pillars before the icewalls start moving, but never get the second two.

Anyone noticed the weird bug where she doesn't cast ice-walls straight away? We have had a good 30seconds free uptime on a few ice phases, but not predictably.
rijn dael

Postby melisandyr » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:51 pm

An indirectly related question:

we were thinking of choosing Hagara as our second heroic mode to begin to learn. Is heroic progress linear in Dragonsoul? Do you need to have killed either Zon'ozz or Yor'sahj before attempting Hagara on heroic?

Any info appreciated.
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:01 pm

(updated)

so far I would say
morchok (trivial)
zonozz (took 6ish pulls)
yorsahj (9-10 hours - were getting 5% wipes within 5 hours - gear from zonozz probably would have made those wipes into kills :P)
hagara (10 hours - but I wouldn't say it is on farm yet :P).

Skipping will only hurt you, unless it gets easier past ultraxion.
Last edited by rijn dael on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
rijn dael

Postby frontallobe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:26 am

Hagara is 4th hardest. It seems pretty linear looking at the wowprogress stats. Last night we did about 2 hours on her and I'm with Rijn that lightning takes some management but then it's under control. Frost was holding us back a bit but we're close. Also, Trekkie was right: It's 2 focused assaults on initial pull then 3 each tank phase.

1 - Dimo died to staying in ice
2 - duncon's pet effed pop's side (looking better)
3 - damage just soo much - trying to figure out CDs
4 - 77% - our CD raid wall structure looked good on lightning
5 - We're getting lighting grouping to the wrong people - fixed we think (uchiro/astro)
6 - Frontal pulls boss mindlessly during explanation
7 - Weird lightning groups on astro/uchiro side again
8 - Frost was cool, we learned a bunch, Pop is a fuck-wad
9 - Frost phase, lister died, chickens run slowly - repaired with jeeves mid run
10 - Frost, people dying to I think unavoidable stuff, dodge reticules
11 - ice waves that appear in your rear view mirror are closer than they appear (yuebe is an ice wave)
12 - Lister will be saying he's colorblind next - men seperated from the boys. (Uchiro might be in a wheel chair)
13 - You can trinket ice wave - Uchiro doesn't know left from right - Lister died... again....
14 - Lightning - flawless :: Frost lister and sphinx died again - Val dead again? shocked -- honestly looking close.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby rijn dael » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:37 am

Woo downed, definitely hardest so far for us - and first post-enrage kill.

Almost as bad as alysrazor was for us :p "omfg guys I can't understand how you can't dodge that"

We hit enrage at 16% as we ended lightning phase, burned to 5% before that ended, did some threat drops to pingpong to kill :P

Log-> (wol doesn't appear to be able to tell heroic / normal yet)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8xcd4oslqbphxkgv/

Edit: frontallobe, I need to keep a wipe log like yours :-)
Last edited by rijn dael on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
rijn dael

Postby frontallobe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 am

Grats Rijn. I think almost all of us are going to be ping-ponging until gear catches up. Awesome stuff. Wipe count total?
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby rijn dael » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:56 am

probably around the 50 mark - we were maintaining 10min per attempt tonight, don't think we have logs for last night.

Random unrelated thing that might help someone -
Don't know if it is a one-off bug, but we had a resto druid in the group who could have 1-2 stacks of icelance, and take 200k frostbolts from hagara - not sure if it is a talent bug or something (it isn't the player). Fixed it by swapping them out of the soakers, but it was consistantly broken.

The damage numbers seemed like he hadn't dropped the stacks in of the last soak - but he had (confirmed via logs).
rijn dael

Postby Astronomic » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:18 am

frontallobe wrote:5 - We're getting lighting grouping to the wrong people - fixed we think (uchiro/astro)

There's another astro O.o
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby timoseewho » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:44 am

I'm beginning to see a few guilds doing the ice phase with a good chunk of their players just standing in the bubble, is this really that much better than having people run the circle?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Hidden » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:42 am

timoseewho wrote:I'm beginning to see a few guilds doing the ice phase with a good chunk of their players just standing in the bubble, is this really that much better than having people run the circle?

We're having our Hunter + Holy Paladin do that so he can actually DPS while keeping Aspect of the Pack on (Yes, AotP works during whole frost phase). I think think it's a good way to make up for having few classes that can DPS well on the run but you can't really keep most of your raid in there permanently. It does an unresistable 15% of max HP per second, that's ~20k DPS per player standing in there, or roughly the single target HPS of a healer if he doesn't want to empty his mana bar instantly.

In the end, our biggest trouble right now (having had a 6% wipe already) are random deaths to Shattered Ice when players are taking the Ice Lances. Players with no passive/short CD damage reductions are really a pain in this fight since 2-3 stacks Ice Lance + Shattered Ice can already kill them.

Edit:
Killed her fairly easily today, the Hunter + me (Restoration Druid) used a Prismatic Elixir (+90 Resistances) to reduce Shattered Ice bursts that were randomly killing us while soaking Ice Lances.
Hidden

Postby rijn dael » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:58 pm

timoseewho wrote:I'm beginning to see a few guilds doing the ice phase with a good chunk of their players just standing in the bubble, is this really that much better than having people run the circle?

Theres a couple 'creative uses of game mechanics' there -
Most immunities (bubble, iceblock, ams etc) or anything that removes snares remove the debuff (talented stampeding roar (everyone in range), pvp trinkets (individuals))
It doesn't reapply afterwards.

Our kill strat didn't use them, mostly because we don't want to get stuck on it next week if they hotfix it - we moved as a group from pillar to pillar as we killed each one, and dodged each icewave by going into the bubble. We also duck into the bubble any time we get the debuff - if you are dispelled whilst inside the bubble, there is no frost snare on the ground.
Last edited by rijn dael on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rijn dael

Postby Treck » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 pm

How is standing in the bubble taking 0 damage for the whole phase not an exploit?
Pretty much any spell that removes movement impairing effects can be used to neglect her bubble thingy.
Its a useless boss that is among the simplier bosses in the instance so none cares, but saying its clever use of game mechanics is like saying running LoSing all of Atramedes abilities is clever use of game mechanics.
Treck

Postby rijn dael » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Edited to highlight sarcasm.

I would call exploits 'things that [do or should] get you banned', but I will bow to your experience in the shadier matters.
rijn dael

Postby Treck » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:11 pm

So clearly dpsing ryolith down to 25% with pets without engaging him untill p2 actually starts is clearly also clever use of game mechanics? As none got banned for that.
Things that get fixed are usually exploits, they just dont take it very seriously about banning but rather just let it slide.
Treck

Postby timoseewho » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:48 pm

I agree, it's better to learn it the right way to do it for when it gets fixed and you get stumped on it the next week.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)