4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:30 am

If there is a filler boss, I'd expect N'zoth.
Jeremoot

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:31 am

Skye1013 wrote:Supposedly there won't be a filler boss. Not that Blizz ever goes back on their claims or anything... :roll:

I really liked Ruby Sanctum from last expansion. I was so tired of seeing the icy blue walls of Icecrown that it was a welcome distraction. Pretty too.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:32 am

I still haven't seen the inside of RS. For that matter, I haven't seen the 2nd half (last 3rd?) of ICC.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:46 am

I've been inside RS, for one night of failed attempts. Never been back.
KysenMurrin

Postby parmy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Supposedly there won't be a filler boss. Not that Blizz ever goes back on their claims or anything... :roll:

I really liked Ruby Sanctum from last expansion. I was so tired of seeing the icy blue walls of Icecrown that it was a welcome distraction. Pretty too.

I'll bet there will be a new boss, sort of an intro to the next expansion... and he'll only drop pants.

Not sure why my old guild didn't like RS, we went in, killed him.. got the t-shirt and never went back.
Parmy,
Prot Pally, main tank of Veni Vidi Intereo.
parmy

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:00 am

parmy wrote:
Not sure why my old guild didn't like RS, we went in, killed him.. got the t-shirt and never went back.

We got the kill for everyone since there were some possible upgrades, but in the end, everyone decided they'd rather finish up heroic ICC or finish off drakes (can't remember which it was at that point.) Much to my dismay I might add, I still wanted to keep clearing out RS every week, if only for the change of scenery.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

The only interesting thing out of RS for me was that sexy armor trinket (which I never got). I think at that point we were 11/12H ICC and already had our drakes, but we still didn't bother with RS.
Jeremoot

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Fenrìr wrote:Honestly, I've been mulling over this for a few days now and actually retyped this post several times. >.>

But I think I'm going to do Relic > Ring > Cloak.

That's exactly what I'm doing, I didn't get enough firestones to upgrade relic/ring so they are my first choices. I'm using 391 rhyolith cloak with agility, so its by next slot to upgrade.
d07.RiV

Postby Awyndel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:10 am

Yeah I rerun those numbers on the pvp cloak vs the valor cloak. I prolly forgot the gemslot. It seems the valor cloak is only a couple points below the pvp one on stamina/ctc. Considering the amount of avoidance and expertise you win I could see why the valor one is preferable. I will probably buy it later since the pvp cloak will last me for now.

I also ran the numbers on the haste/mastery gloves. It seems they are a straight downgrade to my 391 gloves. Tier gloves are also pretty bad. I will prolly wait for heroic tier gloves.

As far as necks go, I actually think the one from a firestone is better. Unless you're way overcapping on mastery. Thank you blizzard for sending me back to firelands, I kind of expected this to happen.

Looks like the belt is a sidegrade to the 391 belt. But it does have more avoidance. It could last us untill the heroic belt drops. I would buy it last, after the cloak.

Once again I might use different numbers then most ppl. Because I want to cap with as much health as possible. Avoidance gets slightly undervalued in that method.
Awyndel

Postby degre » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 am

On the pvp vs valor cloak the general consensus seems to be that the VP one is better, is just that the PvP is a valid alternative that can be acquired in a few days ad interim and allows you to spend your first VP on other gear, without really trying I've done already some 5/600 conquest points and I plan on getting the rest over the weekend, which means that come Monday I'll have upgraded with VP relic, VP neck and PvP cloak, while if I went for relic and cloak I'll have only two bits and I'll have to wait 2 weeks for the third bit.

To be fair I've even started considering not getting the cloak for a good while, as while I find it extremely interesting, getting the PvP one and then focusing my VPs on belt and bracers seems a better idea, as I would be able to get hose instead of the normal versions and save DKPs for set gear.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:27 am

I'm not sold on the ring as there are two ring drops. Since I'm looking for a little more hit and xpt, the hit/mastery ring looks pretty tasty.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Donut » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 pm

I feel like an idiot for asking this because I think there's something I missed, but I've armoried quite a few of you guys and you're all right around 100% ctc coverage (presumably 102.4 with raid buffs) - are we just ignoring diminishing returns? It always seems to get glossed over but wouldn't you realistically want at least 2-3% mastery over paper doll ctc? I've been looking for an addon or macro that factors in DR but I can't seem to find one...
Last edited by Donut on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donut

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 pm

In game numbers for dodge and parry include diminishing returns.
KysenMurrin

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:40 pm

And mastery doesn't suffer from DR, either.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Donut » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Wanted to double check before I replied. Why does it say (before diminishing returns) when I mouse over dodge & parry in game is that just something they forgot to remove?
Donut

Postby Donut » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Wanted to double check before I replied. Why does it say (before diminishing returns) when I mouse over dodge & parry in game is that just something they forgot to remove?
Last edited by Donut on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donut

Postby Torias » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Because the number on the tooltip is before diminishing returns just like it says. And the number in the list is after diminishing returns. :)
Torias

Postby Awyndel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Mouse over is before, sheet is after.
Awyndel

Postby Donut » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 am

Wow after all these years I never even noticed :cry:
Donut

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:48 am

Yeah, the tooltip means "You gain x% <stat> for every y rating (before diminishing returns)"; it's not referring to the percentage on the sheet.
KysenMurrin

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice