Re: What are YOU listening to?

Postby degre » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:14 am

Overall:

today:
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Invisusira » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 am

cerwillis wrote:Invis, I'm curious if you have any music that is completely acoustic/analog. Not a dig on your taste, just an extreme contrast to my collection where digi music is in the minority.

Heres a grooveshark playlist I made recently. WARNING: CONTAINS (some) OLD MUSIC!!!

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Songs+F ... V/60773253

Oh absolutely. In addition to plenty of older classics, straight piano and classical guitar in particular rank quite highly. Not to mention symphonic stuff, which I guess is technically acoustic.

...welp, I was going to be all "here's my top 10 all-time played songs, this should have some more classic stuff in it" but it doesn't, lol. At least not "classic = non-electronic elements classic."
Apparently Danny Howells is still the reigning champion, which is pretty impressive because I don't think I've listened to that album in years.

Arnock wrote:Theocracy

Totally read that as "Theorycraft."
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:29 am

amh wrote:I'm terrible. Whenever I find a tune I like, I tend to listen to it 10+ times in a row (795 and counting for Serj Tankian's Sky Is Over, though fortunately not in a row).

We're exceptionally guilty of this. It's not unheard of for us to play the same song for about two to three hours straight. (Which, thankfully, we both enjoy... for most people this would drive them absolutely bonkers.) Current culprit for this is VNV Nation - Illusion.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Brutalicus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 am

I found some awesome music this week. You know the most recent DC Universe Online commercial? I Googled it because the song was catchy, and I ended up buying the CD immediately after listening to 3 or 4 songs. It's definitely different than my usual fare, maybe just because it's so catchy. Here's my favorite track from the disc; it's a cover of The Cure's "Burn" which was on the soundtrack for The Crow (great movie, different thread).

Also, I found out Mastodon had a new CD! Long story short, it's awesome.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Arnock » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:20 am

Nikachelle wrote:
amh wrote:I'm terrible. Whenever I find a tune I like, I tend to listen to it 10+ times in a row (795 and counting for Serj Tankian's Sky Is Over, though fortunately not in a row).

We're exceptionally guilty of this. It's not unheard of for us to play the same song for about two to three hours straight. (Which, thankfully, we both enjoy... for most people this would drive them absolutely bonkers.) Current culprit for this is VNV Nation - Illusion.

Guilty as well, it's even happened with another song from the same album.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:30 am

Arnock wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

Guilty as well, it's even happened with another song from the same album.

Funny you should mention that one, I've had Illusion and Nemesis on loop with a couple others for a few days now.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 am

Brutalicus wrote:I found some awesome music this week. You know the most recent DC Universe Online commercial? I Googled it because the song was catchy, and I ended up buying the CD immediately after listening to 3 or 4 songs. It's definitely different than my usual fare, maybe just because it's so catchy. Here's my favorite track from the disc; it's a cover of The Cure's "Burn" which was on the soundtrack for The Crow (great movie, different thread).

and it's feat. Apoptygma Berzerk holy shit I love you

and yeah we just saw VNV live, so that was amazing.
2 minutes in - hey these guys are pretty cool live
5 minutes in - oh wow they're already playing Space and Time, I hope there's a lot of other good stuff to look forward to
2 hours 30 minutes in - I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM
Invisusira

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:57 am

Apparently I really like BT.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Invisusira » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Apparently you have good taste in electronic music. (note: that was actually not sarcasm)
Invisusira

Postby Kelaan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 pm

amh wrote:I'm terrible. Whenever I find a tune I like, I tend to listen to it 10+ times in a row (795 and counting for Serj Tankian's Sky Is Over, though fortunately not in a row). I'm also too lazy to make any kind of decent playlist. Search for artist, hit play, lean back and enjoy.

I do that too. I have a CD in my car that is, I kid you not, 100% Caramelldansen. Unfortunately, it's also the only thing my son ever wants to listen to. :D
Kelaan

Postby Dazhbog » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Currently flipping back and forth between a randomized Billy Joel playlist and the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack.
Dazhbog

Postby fafhrd » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:12 pm

I really need to fix unicode fonts on this thing (or figure out what encoding the tags are using if not unicode):

Will post grooveshark when home.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Brutalicus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:05 am

Zomg, Five Finger Death Punch also has a new album! Nothing better than discovering that a band you love is releasing a new album, AND you don't have to wait for it.

Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Levantine » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 am

Nikachelle wrote:

Oh wow, that just filled a nice little niche in my itunes. \o/

Anyway, the past few weeks have been... eclectic. Generally I'll pick a style on my mood, but I've just been grabbing random favorite songs and chucking them into a playlist. D:

Levantine

Postby Arnock » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:38 pm

<3 daft punk

Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum