Remove Advertisements

[10H] Morchok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Morchok

Postby Winkle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:12 am

Donahu wrote:Anyone seen if you can use HoP on the soaker before the stomps (assuming it still has a cast time on heroic...)?

Wondering if it will cause any "weird" effects like ignore that that target is the second closest and gib an unintended target or something...

I was BoP clothies and it seemed to work fine, stomp has a 1.5 sec cast.
Winkle

Postby Winzer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 am

Got him wednesday night after 15 attempts.

I think he is very simple.

First we took him under 90% after the first crystal is spawned. That's intended.

Then we set raidmarkes on the position where Morchok and Kohcrom spawn. Group 1 on the right and group 2 on the left.

Our SetUp was:

Group 1: Feral Druid, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid, Rogue (soaker), Frost DK
Group 2: ProtPaladin (me), Frost DK (soaker), Resto Druid, Mage, Warlock

Each group stack on the marks with their back to each other becuase all healers had all raidmembers in range to help to survive.

That's the way.
Winzer

Postby d07.RiV » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Took us a lot of tries on wednesday, first half were due to the stupid mechanic of no-more-than-2-melee (we had 3) and us being confused by crystals targeting people across the field, then due to trying to 2-heal it.
When 2-healing, we had a fury and ret tank the stomps, but this took like 80-90% of their health, and one healer had trouble fully healing a melee when the boss did stomp-crystal-stomp-crystal-stomp in a rapid succession. When we switched to 4 heals (luckily we had enough off-specs and didn't have to bring alts) the boss quickly fell over.

Thinking it over again, wouldn't it be possible to use a second tank instead of a second healer in a group? A tank should take way less damage from stomp, and one healer sounds like enough to keep the group up. Additionaly, a tank obviously does more damage than a healer, so this can in fact be easier?
d07.RiV

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 am

Last night's hotfixes sound like they've fixed the bug with using melee in the ... 3 person explodey thing!

Morchok's Resonating Crystals should now always target the closest players when they explode.
Belloc

Postby golfinguy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:21 am

Don't pull down the path towards the temple - he has a habit of casting the crystal on that damned broken pillar a lot (sometimes IN the pillar). It led to a lot of LOS issues and I had to be on my toes to move adequotely.

Once we started pulling east-west (extra trash cleared) we got the kill - 4 healing and still beating an enrage timer is easy mode.
golfinguy

Postby Juugimus » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:10 pm

I saw this video of a DK and Rogue soaking stomps by themselves and for the life of me don't know how they did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Z3s4SOJ6c

I looked them up and found their logs and still can't tell.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o ... 930&e=8238

Anyone have any ideas how they pulled this off?

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:40 pm

That's... odd. They took 90k each from the stomps after the split, with the Rogue using Feint and no one else getting hit. That's much lower than the total stomp damage.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:49 am

Well, 750/2 is 375, feint's 50% is 187K. He's prob Sub + Enveloping Shadows, which is 30% less, which puts it at 130K. I'd guess 11-12K armor, so say 30% less, is like 91K.

That's my retard math of course. I have no idea when different abilities fall into play. Like is armor first, or feint, or whatever. But it's easily gettable to. The rogue would lose some dps. But meh. That team would have it super easy compared to the other one.
Lumenactio

Postby Kazz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:35 am

We used a subtlety rogue (using Feint for every stomp) in one group and a frost DK in the other group to soak stomps.

I imagine this is somewhat gear dependent, but we had to have our Frost DK switch to blood presence when Icebound Fortitude wasn't up in order to survive a stomp. We went 3 heals and 5 DPS.

4 heals would have probably been safer/easier, but our best geared (and very skilled) healer was able to handle one group by himself.
Kazz

Postby Tebin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:51 am

Is it possible to focus all your dps on one copy of the boss on this fight, assuming you keep all melee in one group, and have ranged shooting that boss? In terms of debuff stacking it would probably speed things up, but do the ranges work out?
Tebin

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:20 pm

You would have to have the bosses too close to each other, causing Stomps to hit both parts of the raid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:15 pm

This fight really annoyed me tonight. It felt like the stomp mechanics was completely broken. We had decided that I would share the stomp 2x with the tank, and the others would be farther out for normal stomp damage. However, eventhough the tank and I were both marked and stacked, sometimes someone BEHIND us would get mashed by the stomp as if they were 'closer'. There were earlier cases in which both the tank and I were standing INSIDE the red targeting circle and someone outside it would get nailed, which is why we started stacking, and still it would pick someone else 5+ yards outside the targeting circle to suffer the double stomp.

That is really annoying when there is such a limited amount of B-res in a 10m. I mean its almost like the Madness fail switching platforms, just really annoying when a wipe is caused by an apparently broken mechanic rather than raid execution.

This type of garbage never happened when it was Tank + closest (BloodQueen) to tank or Tank + top threat, this '2 closest' is jsut frustrating when it seems to randomly pick someone as 'closer' despite being obviously farther back.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 am

We had that bug happening in 25 men as well. No idea what is causing it, if anyone found out what's broken it would be cool to avoid it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 am

Last night in our various attempts and kill, it behaved as Tank (presumably top threat) plus closest person.

There was one attempt where I couldn't quite keep up with the tank, but was still in the targetting circle, and the druid healer was a few yards out of the targetting circle but slightly loser to the tank, and the druids went splt during stomp (something about being squishy).

Subsequently I was more certain to stack on the tank and although it made healing more hectic for me, did seem to resolve the stomp issue, eventhough the night before there was at least one instance where my being stacked on the tank still allowed the Druid to get pawned. (Why Morchok picks on Resto Druids, I do not know). :lol:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby madmessias » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 am

Hrobertgar wrote:Last night in our various attempts and kill, it behaved as Tank (presumably top threat) plus closest person.

There was one attempt where I couldn't quite keep up with the tank, but was still in the targetting circle, and the druid healer was a few yards out of the targetting circle but slightly loser to the tank, and the druids went splt during stomp (something about being squishy).

Subsequently I was more certain to stack on the tank and although it made healing more hectic for me, did seem to resolve the stomp issue, eventhough the night before there was at least one instance where my being stacked on the tank still allowed the Druid to get pawned. (Why Morchok picks on Resto Druids, I do not know). :lol:

It's tank+closest person (to the tank), so we just have the meele dps dps like normal, from behind, and when the stomp comes the tank and meele meet him, like inside his hitbox.
madmessias

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)