Remove Advertisements

[10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby Adornus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:03 pm

I wonder if you could put them in order like this so you can quick glance and know what to kill then sort things out as you're doing so. That way you don't have to have things perfectly memorized.

[105420] = { L.black, L.green, L.blue, L.purple },
[105435] = { L.green, L.red, L.black, L.blue },
[105436] = { L.green, L.yellow, L.red, L.black },
[105437] = { L.yellow, L.purple, L.blue, L.green },
[105439] = { L.yellow, L.black, L.blue, L.purple },
[105440] = { L.yellow, L.red, L.black, L.purple },
Adornus

Postby Hidden » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:17 pm

The priorities we did aren't really hard to memorize.
Just look at it roughly like this:
Green + Red? Kill Green
Yellow? Kill Yellow
No Yellow? Kill Green

By the way, we didn't have much luck with killing black for more boss DPS in any combination and in the end we didn't need that extra DPS either.
Hidden

Postby Winkle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:03 am

rijn dael wrote:
Winkle wrote:There are only 6 possible slime combinations (based on WoL for a lot of parses)

You will probably hate me, but you can check these via wowhead (spells she casts) - or easily in the sourcecode of your favourite bossmod (I use bigwigs, /Dragonsoul/Yorsahj.lua).

There is a list of the 6 combinations :-)

Actually i just nabbed the info from some guy on MMO champ, hopefully he didn't waste his time on WoL either :D
Winkle

Postby madmessias » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:34 am

Gonna run this atm, 3x healers 1x tank (warrior/paladin) both got TB trinket. Anything we should change?
Not killing green reasoning is we can just semistack up since its only 4yd spread.
madmessias

Postby Winkle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:18 am

madmessias wrote:Image

Gonna run this atm, 3x healers 1x tank (warrior/paladin) both got TB trinket. Anything we should change?
Not killing green reasoning is we can just semistack up since its only 4yd spread.

Leaving up both green and red isn't really an option as far as i'm aware just becuase of the damage more than anything.

Bringing 3 healers but having 4 options which limit your healing to 4 heals every 20 seconds is the reason a lot of guilds run 2 heals i believe.
Winkle

Postby Winzer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:21 am

Yellow is baaaaad!
Winzer

Postby madmessias » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:30 am

Winkle wrote:
madmessias wrote:Image

Leaving up both green and red isn't really an option as far as i'm aware just becuase of the damage more than anything.

Bringing 3 healers but having 4 options which limit your healing to 4 heals every 20 seconds is the reason a lot of guilds run 2 heals i believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64BkncuO4TA
these guys do it, their first oozes i think :)

We would all our healers specc into dps talents so they can dps abit while we kill oozes and during easy/purplephase :)
madmessias

Postby rijn dael » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:49 am

rijn dael

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:26 am

Adornus wrote:I wonder if you could put them in order like this so you can quick glance and know what to kill then sort things out as you're doing so. That way you don't have to have things perfectly memorized.

There's a Yor'sahj addon for Bigwigs that allows you to select a kill target in advance for every possible grouping. No memorization necessary.
Belloc

Postby Juugimus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Belloc wrote:
Adornus wrote:I wonder if you could put them in order like this so you can quick glance and know what to kill then sort things out as you're doing so. That way you don't have to have things perfectly memorized.

There's a Yor'sahj addon for Bigwigs that allows you to select a kill target in advance for every possible grouping. No memorization necessary.

Belloc, you rock. I was just about to search for one.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Here it is for everyone, since I didn't actually link it :D

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bigwigs_yorsahjpriority
Belloc

Postby Brosterr » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I didnt read this anywhere in the thread so im gonna ask. What are you guys doing for the Fearless Ones (forgotten, cant remember atm)? Heres what i know (or think i know) right now: They have a threat table, or at least do for 10 or so seconds. Starfall, shrooms, shit like that will lead them to go to a dps, healers would get more than one if no dps does. More than two on one person is pretty lethal. I can taunt them, as well as get agro on them when they spawn. I cannot hold them indefinitely though, i can only prevent them from all targeting one person. What i mean by that is that when they spawn i AS two of them, Judge one (whatever else) taunt as many as possible and for the immediate they stick on me. This does not seem to last long though.

That was just my thoughts so far on them. Looking for someone to clear my thoughts up if they know more. I would lean towards saying they can just be ignored (agro wise) but with some combos (purple/black) if someone gets targeted by multiple adds they seem to die to it.
Brosterr

Postby rijn dael » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:44 pm

We found unless people opened up aoe before 'focus' debuffs went out, they wouldn't get focused by more than one - so we smacked our boomkin a bit, and didn't have the problem anymore. The tank throws around some taunts to reduce healing, but thats about it.

We also kill yellow fairly often (yellow induces the second wave of adds)- so that helps.
rijn dael

Postby HammU » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:42 am

We're still working on it, but we decided on the following combinations:

Purple Red Yellow Black - - > Yellow
Purple Green Black Blue - - > Purple
Blue Purple Green Yellow - - > Yellow
Blue Black Purple Yellow - - > Yellow
Green Red Blue Black - - - > Green
*Green Yellow Black Red - - > Green

* is usually the phase for BL / defensive raid-cd's

Although we haven't killed it yet, we're rather satisfied with this setup. We're 3-healing it btw.
HammU

Postby d07.RiV » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 pm

HammU wrote:We're still working on it, but we decided on the following combinations:

We were cutting it pretty close with 2 heals, too (I'm a fail DPS by the way). The only combination that actually requires a lot of healing is green-yellow-red-black, and it's not that hard to survive with max cooldowns and aoe'ing the adds quickly (might want to BoP those firemages). Though, since you are likely to still have adds alive after this phase, if the next phase involves purple+more black, you might be in trouble.
Regarding purple-green-black-blue, killing black really trivializes the damage, as long as you stay spread out. This allows you to save mana void for later, so when the next one comes out you can kill the old void, instantly getting mana without having to chop through 2M health (which is especially bad if you're caster heavy).

Regarding DK tanks here, I haven't seen it mentioned, but their huge advantage is that they can be freely healed during AMS, since they don't get deep corruption stacks wile it's up.
d07.RiV

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)