[10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Bellanka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:01 pm

timoseewho wrote:Also, this is definitely a 1-tank fight correct?

I don't see any way for this to be done with two tanks and still beat the six minute enrage timer.

I don't have my notes with me here, so I'm going by whatever numbers I can dig up using my phone. Feel free to correct me.

4-5 eyes (assuming 4) at 700k each, 1-2 flails at 300k each (assuming 1 for this), and a claw at 1.78mil each dark phase. That's an additional 4.88mil to dish out per black phase.

Assume three (minimum) or four black phases for the kill, that's an additional 14,640,000 (for three black phases) to 19,520,000 (for four) damage, added to the boss's health, on a 6 minute enrage. I seem to recall Zon'ozz has 89million HPs ...

Kills show 303.5k DPS median across a 361 second fight. So 109,593,824 health between Zon'ozz and the adds.

1 tank (assume 15k, so subtract 5,415,000 from the total), 3 heals (assuming 0 DPS), and that leaves 6 DPS needing to sustain 48k throughout the whole fight.

Adding a second tank (assuming again 15k DPS) means each DPS has to sustain 54.7k to beat enrage.

EDIT: Forgot to account for Psychic Drain, but I used median DPS and average fight length from WoL, so it should be included even though I don't have numbers for it.

EDIT2: Me add good. Updated with the correct DPS for one and two tank fights. Thank you for catching that, Payback!
Last edited by Bellanka on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Paybacks » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Bellanka wrote:
timoseewho wrote:Also, this is definitely a 1-tank fight correct?

1 tank (assume 15k, so subtract 5,415,000 from the total), 3 heals (assuming 0 DPS), and that leaves 7 DPS needing to sustain 41k throughout the whole fight.

Adding a second tank (assuming again 15k DPS) means each DPS has to sustain 45.5k to beat enrage.

1 tank + 3 heals + 7 DPS = 11

Unless you are sort of lumping the ~15k tank into the DPS group then these numbers are likely incorrect, a 1 tank & 3 healer raid obviously leaves only 6 DPS.

My raid this week has been 2 tanking it and has honestly come close to cleaning up tentacles before the dark phase ends, looking forward to seeing the results of some 1 tank attempts. It seems that, especially towards the end of the phase 1's that the tank on Zon'ozz is getting hit pretty hard, and occasionally during the dark phase as well. Does the tanked Claw only really add negligible tank damage?
Paybacks

Postby Bellanka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanks for the catch!

Updated. AFK to hang my head in shame because addition is hard.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has tested it, but MS effects might be useful for negating the boss' heals.
Belloc

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:00 pm

After 1.5 nights to get Yor'sahj down, and being very close to our limits, this went down in half a dozen pulls - much better second boss - but most 10m's I have seen doing third.

We were doing 1t/3h/6dps and bouncing 7 stacks. Completely ignoring boss during tentacle disco party (vulnerability stacks between phases, so can take advantage of it later). The last tentacle phase we obeyed ended with him at 40ish% at the end of disco, to 15% when we entered next disco, ignored tentacles, and killed. The enrage is a joke compared to yor'sahj - we were *edit* about 10sec */edit* under it, and not expecting a kill (no doublepots etc).
Last edited by rijn dael on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rijn dael

Postby Kitmajere » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:43 pm

How'd you handle the adds? Split into 3 groups (left, right, melee)? How many ranged/melee did you bring?
Kitmajere

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm

four casters + hunter + rogue, split into two groups - basically one 'half' of the tentacles each. DD classes on non-flails, 4 casters cleaving down the flails.
rijn dael

Postby Hidden » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:08 pm

rijn dael wrote:After 1.5 nights to get Yor'sahj down, and being very close to our limits, this went down in half a dozen pulls - much better second boss - but most 10m's I have seen doing third.

We were doing 1t/3h/6dps and bouncing 7 stacks. Completely ignoring boss during tentacle disco party (vulnerability stacks between phases, so can take advantage of it later). The last tentacle phase we obeyed ended with him at 40ish% at the end of disco, to 15% when we entered next disco, ignored tentacles, and killed. The enrage is a joke compared to yor'sahj - we were 30seconds under it, and not expecting a kill (no doublepots etc).

I somehow can't believe this. Did you log your kill? Because the shortest kill on WoL is 5:45, 15 seconds before enrage, and most kills are actually above the enrage timer.

We killed Yor'sahj in our 13th attempt, >30 seconds before his enrage, while letting all black and blue oozes go through but have had quite big problems with bringing down Zon'Ozz in time.
Hidden

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 pm

I don't have logs of our zonozz, but I do have yorsahj to let you compare your dps to ours - we did it differently to anyone else I have seen (more work than it probably should have been).

yorsahj logs
-> http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qpxz8mqi ... 26&e=13200
and fraps
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4bzZUJi ... r_embedded

hth.
Last edited by rijn dael on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rijn dael

Postby Hidden » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:53 pm

rijn dael wrote:I don't have logs of our zonozz, but I do have yorsahj to let you compare your dps to ours - we did it differently to anyone else I have seen (more work than it probably should have been).

yorsahj logs
-> http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qpxz8mqi ... 26&e=13200
and fraps
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4bzZUJi ... r_embedded

hth.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vzuc3i32 ... 616&e=7182

That's our Yor'sahj log, however I (Faerra) am our third healer at Zon'ozz. Your setup looks really caster heavy though which is probably a good thing for Zon'ozz. Otherwise our logs aren't too comparable though since you went with 3 healers killing oozes that cost boss DPS while we went with 2 healers killing oozes that require heavy healing.
Hidden

Postby Kthx » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Anyone have issues with Claw of Go'rath doing ooze spit at the end, even when tanked?

When we get around 12% and are burning Zon'ozz, the claw starts ooze spitting and wipes everyone. We have him tanked so I don't get why he's doing it.
Kthx

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:27 pm

hmm, I must retract my earlier statement, not quite as far ahead as I swear it was -
Feeling somewhat sheepish!

Video up now,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNulIZCN ... r_embedded
rijn dael

Postby Bastosa » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Kthx wrote:Anyone have issues with Claw of Go'rath doing ooze spit at the end, even when tanked?

When we get around 12% and are burning Zon'ozz, the claw starts ooze spitting and wipes everyone. We have him tanked so I don't get why he's doing it.

We lost a healer to that around 15% on one of our late attempts last night. Resulted in a wipe. I just assumed the mechanic bugged, it's interesting that it happened to you too....

I'll have to keep an eye out for it when we raid next.
Bastosa

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Kthx wrote:Anyone have issues with Claw of Go'rath doing ooze spit at the end, even when tanked?

Do the claws grab and throw the tank, as they sometimes do while clearing trash?
Belloc

Postby crotchet » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:51 am

anybody have a set CD rotation they are using tanking this heroic? im getting pretty messed up at about 4-5 stacks i will get hit with psychic drain and an immediate follow up melee and die through my DP and i dont think im undergeared for it .
here is my armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... het/simple
any tips at all would be a great help
also the clipping on the stupid orb is freakin infuriating
crotchet

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)