Ummm Tyrael's Charger... Where You Go?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ummm Tyrael's Charger... Where You Go?

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:33 am

Jeremoot wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Edit: Anyway, logged a ticket last night. Still waiting on a response.

I'll save you some time:

"Uninstall any addons and delete your WTF and Cache folders."

That was pretty much the solution to an issue I had with a quest in Deepholm, a pet addon broke the quest.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Arjuna » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:24 am

You mean the quest where you jump between drakes?

I never did find that damn button to jump with... :P

Also, isn't it typical? They lure people into signing up for a year with a reward, then remove the reward... :(
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby mavfin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:54 am

Arjuna wrote:Also, isn't it typical? They lure people into signing up for a year with a reward, then remove the reward... :(

Basically, they were making sure no under-18 kids signed up for a contract they weren't old enough to sign up for by law. So they sent an email to verify status on any account that parental controls were used on, and if not answered they pulled the rewards to cover themselves. Probably on advice of their legal department.

I'm sure that along with those actions they let people out of the contract, too. Nika can tell us if they'll let her fix it after the fact.

Oh, and you need more tinfoil for that hat. It's not covering your whole head.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 am

I'm still waiting on a response to my ticket. :/
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:44 pm

mavfin wrote:
Arjuna wrote:Also, isn't it typical? They lure people into signing up for a year with a reward, then remove the reward... :(

Basically, they were making sure no under-18 kids signed up for a contract they weren't old enough to sign up for by law. So they sent an email to verify status on any account that parental controls were used on, and if not answered they pulled the rewards to cover themselves. Probably on advice of their legal department.

I'm sure that along with those actions they let people out of the contract, too. Nika can tell us if they'll let her fix it after the fact.

Oh, and you need more tinfoil for that hat. It's not covering your whole head.

Haha, of course I wasn't being completely serious! :D

...and I'm almost out of tinfoil either way, I like to bake too much... :P

Hope it gets resolved quickly Nika and everybody else!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby mavfin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I'm still waiting on a response to my ticket. :/

I bet your in-game ticket comes back with something vague, or tells you to call the accounts people. They're the ones who will have to solve this in the end. Not sure if the in-game ticket people can.

I hope I'm wrong on that, so you get it resolved quicker, but...
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Lieris » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:41 pm

I hope you get it sorted, no paladin should be without this mount! :(
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:14 am

Nikachelle wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Ughhhhhhhhh.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3061919440

It seems that anyone who enabled parental controls has had their mount go poof on them. I originally enabled parental controls because I didn't want to bother with the whole cross server battle.net thingy.

Interesting. I have parental controls enabled, and I remember getting an email saying that permission had to be granted for the annual pass to be used on the account, which makes sense as it's a contract. Never thought it'd affect the in game stuff, though.

I don't remember getting an e-mail... however, I get so many spam fake WoW e-mails that it's very possible I deleted it by accident.
Unfortunately that looks like what happened. I have parental controls enabled as well on my EU account since it was the only way to disable some Real ID features for a while, and I received and responded to the e-mail KysenMurrin mentioned and still have my Tyrael's Charger (As well as Diablo 3 tauntingly saying "pre-download not yet available" on my battle.net account).
Chicken

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:07 am

Well so far I've been instructed to contact them and submit a photo of government ID that matches what's on my account AND provide the e-mail address that the parental controls were set up (which I'm a bit worried about, I tried three different addresses and none of them would work for the "reset parental controls" stuff). I've done all this but never received a confirmation e-mail back (sent it in via web form on their site somewhere), so I'm still waiting - the weird thing is that it doesn't show the web form submission as an actual ticket submission so I have a sneaking suspicion that the thing never actually went through.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Damn! Sorry to hear all the issues you be having. I have Parental Controls as well...but nothing happened to my mount. Wonder why that is?
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Holyblaze wrote:Damn! Sorry to hear all the issues you be having. I have Parental Controls as well...but nothing happened to my mount. Wonder why that is?

We don't know... Invis has parental controls enabled, never received an e-mail from Blizzard and, as a result, never responded to it. Yet he's still got his charger.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:20 pm

So what you're saying is Blizzard hates women?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Hope not...cause WoW without chicks is a game I want nothing to do with! *shudders*
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Chicken » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:31 am

It's just a European thing. Some of the national rating bureaus rate blood and violence higher than they'd be over in most of the rest of the world, meaning that in parts of Europe Diablo III would be rated 16/18+ rather than 12+. At that point if Blizzard were to freely give Diablo III to anyone with parental controls active, they're liable to be sued by any parents who didn't give permission who suddenly noticed their little Hans or Greta playing a violent and bloody game.

Unless all of you who kept your mounts without having to e-mail Blizzard are exclusively talking about European accounts, in which case I haven't got a clue.
Chicken

Postby Invisusira » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:34 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Holyblaze wrote:Damn! Sorry to hear all the issues you be having. I have Parental Controls as well...but nothing happened to my mount. Wonder why that is?

We don't know... Invis has parental controls enabled, never received an e-mail from Blizzard and, as a result, never responded to it. Yet he's still got his charger.

*had. I know after they resolved the whole "friends of friends" thing, I re-enabled Real ID; I don't remember if I completely turned off parental controls though and it's kind of a pain to figure out.
Invisusira

PreviousNext

Return to General