Remove Advertisements

[10] BH, third boss

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] BH, third boss

Postby yappo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:59 am

On the very ditant risk anyone needs the tactics for this one.

This is the easiest boss ever released.

1) Whirlwind attack: Calmly walk away. You can't hurt the boss anyway.

2) Skewer attack: Always taunt. You will either already have been clubbed to the floor, in which case the other tank taunts, or the other tank is floored, in which case you taunt.

3) Loot.
yappo

Re: [10] BH, third boss

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 am

How is the "stack on top of the debuff" mechanic working out, is there much room for failure? I'll wind up mostly pugging this and don't expect much of the people I'll end up with.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Forgrim » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:04 am

just stack the entire fight. seriously. two tanks outside of the raid, stack on the backside, as soon as whirlwinding starts, spread out and even then, the damage is woefully low.
Forgrim

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:15 am

Forgrim wrote:just stack the entire fight. seriously. two tanks outside of the raid, stack on the backside, as soon as whirlwinding starts, spread out and even then, the damage is woefully low.

Indeed. The raid damage seemed pathetic. We had people eating the first whirlwind (since it was their first time seeing it) and our healers had no issues healing it up. This is, quite honestly, the easiest of the three bosses in BH.

If you want success in a pug, tell your raiders this: Stack on the boss's ass/on a mark and spread out when the boss starts spinning.
Belloc

Postby fafhrd » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:22 am

15 manned the 25 version :/ Only death was a hunter (>.>) standing a bit too far when he got hit with the bomb thing. Strat was as said above, stack on boss, spread when whirlwind starts (don't waste DPS during this, she can't be hit except with dots that were already up), then stack up again.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby frontallobe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 am

This is by far the easiest BH boss they have released. Stack for the debuff, spread for whirlwind (or don't, the dmg is laughable), and taunt off the skewer. I really wish they added a BT first boss type mechanic where you would have to pick up the skewer to pop a barrier or something similar. This guy is literally a loot pinata.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby RedAces » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 am

even easier than most LFR Bosses... :/
RedAces

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:10 am

Alright then. Sounds like she really could have used an anti-stacking mechanic to make things slightly more interesting.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:12 am

KysenMurrin wrote:How is the "stack on top of the debuff" mechanic working out, is there much room for failure? I'll wind up mostly pugging this and don't expect much of the people I'll end up with.

Errrr hope you haven't pugged it yet. We do it as a guild for the first month or two.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 am

Not yet, I was waiting to find out, and expecting we'd run it. I usually end up pugging it more than not, though, once those runs are done and on alts.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Juugimus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:05 pm

fafhrd wrote:15 manned the 25 version :/ Only death was a hunter (>.>) standing a bit too far when he got hit with the bomb thing. Strat was as said above, stack on boss, spread when whirlwind starts (don't waste DPS during this, she can't be hit except with dots that were already up), then stack up again.

15 manned you say? We might do that in our 10 man raid for extra chances at Tier loot.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 pm

once you figure out how to get 15 ppl in a 10 man raid let me know!
:twisted:

/sarcasm

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Juugimus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:45 am

bldavis wrote:once you figure out how to get 15 ppl in a 10 man raid let me know!
:twisted:

/sarcasm

The Light has mysterious ways!

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 am

Juugimus wrote:
fafhrd wrote:15 manned the 25 version :/ Only death was a hunter (>.>) standing a bit too far when he got hit with the bomb thing. Strat was as said above, stack on boss, spread when whirlwind starts (don't waste DPS during this, she can't be hit except with dots that were already up), then stack up again.

15 manned you say? We might do that in our 10 man raid for extra chances at Tier loot.

Yeah we're a 10 man too, just grabbed whoever else was online in guild at the time. Depending on gear you might manage with fewer people, we were just being conservative since it was our first time on the boss - it seemed easier than undermanning the T12 BH boss.

And yeah doing the actual 10 man instance doesn't seem at all worth it if you want PvE loot, I don't think we ever got any T12 PvE items from 10 man. Do 25 instead with your 10 man + whatever friends/family you can drag in.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby poptart » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:12 am

I wanted to ask, is there an enrage timer on this boss?

Doing it in 25-man mode with our normal 10-man raid team sounds....kool. Extra loot is extra loot.

Keeping the lower number of toons healed does not seem that it would be hard. The only issue would be an enrage timer.

Poptart
poptart

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)