Ummm Tyrael's Charger... Where You Go?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ummm Tyrael's Charger... Where You Go?

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:32 am

Don't want to stress you up, Nika, but did you realise the mount is mentionned as 'not owned' on your armory?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:35 am

Sagara wrote:Don't want to stress you up, Nika, but did you realise the mount is mentionned as 'not owned' on your armory?

That's kind of the point of my second screenshot up there. It shows I don't have it in my mounts book. Whereas you can see me on it the day before.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:37 am

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear: it's clearly not a user-side problem. So, they certainly messed up something somewhere, and you're in for LOOOOOOOOOOONG explanations with support.

Best of luck :-/

Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:38 am

Obviously it's because you didn't break it in properly and it ran away... :D
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:38 am

Ughhhhhhhhh.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3061919440

It seems that anyone who enabled parental controls has had their mount go poof on them. I originally enabled parental controls because I didn't want to bother with the whole cross server battle.net thingy.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:42 am

Gah. That sounds like a manager not thinking the Annual Pass implementation through.

Someone must be /facepalming hard at Blizz HQ.

Sagara

Postby Barathorn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:43 am

Dear Nikachuu,

Allow me to introduce myself, I am ingame support GM Badbara and I will be the one dealing with your current query.

Unfortunately we have a backlog of issues at the moment so you would normally be waiting for a considerable time for an answer but because you are a special snowflake married to that 'semi' famous guy I have pulled some strings and I have the following explanation for you.

'The mount was removed from your account as you are guilty of liking Rainbow Brite and attempting to use an EU gift while clearly being a non European Citizen'

This GM announcement was brought to you by the letters F and U and the numbers 1010101010101.

Have a nice day.

GM Badbara

Please mark the service you were given out of 10.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:48 am

:lol: We've missed you Bara.

Seems I have to call the support numbers in Europe... Not sure how to handle European 800 numbers from Canada... Although Ireland IS listed as 1-800 instead of the 0-800 that everything else seems to be.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:56 am

Nikachelle wrote::lol: We've missed you Bara.

Seems I have to call the support numbers in Europe... Not sure how to handle European 800 numbers from Canada... Although Ireland IS listed as 1-800 instead of the 0-800 that everything else seems to be.

To be fair I didn't really go away as I was still lurking here. However my love affair with WOW is finally over after 3 hard months of breaking up for good and I didn't really have anything relevant to say so I kept my mouth shut and just browsed the forum. I am winding down my characters and putting stuff into storage but I doubt I will return in game after Xmas.

I don't know about the numbers to call either so I can't be a lot of help other than being my usual sarcastic self.

Apologies.

No really.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:02 am

I'd offer to make the call for you, but they'll probably ask questions I couldn't answer :-/

I know that in Belgium, a 0800 number is basically free, but I can't say if it extends beyond coutry limits :-/

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:06 am

Nikachelle wrote:Ughhhhhhhhh.

It seems that anyone who enabled parental controls has had their mount go poof on them. I originally enabled parental controls because I didn't want to bother with the whole cross server battle.net thingy.

Interesting. I have parental controls enabled, and I remember getting an email saying that permission had to be granted for the annual pass to be used on the account, which makes sense as it's a contract. Never thought it'd affect the in game stuff, though.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:06 am

I know when I call an 800 number in the US from the EU, there is generally a message saying "calls from outside the US may not be free." However, since I have an international package that gives me "free" calls to the US, I have not been charged. So if your phone company normally charges you for international calls, then you'll probably be charged to call Blizz-EU.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:16 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Ughhhhhhhhh.

Interesting. I have parental controls enabled, and I remember getting an email saying that permission had to be granted for the annual pass to be used on the account, which makes sense as it's a contract. Never thought it'd affect the in game stuff, though.

I don't remember getting an e-mail... however, I get so many spam fake WoW e-mails that it's very possible I deleted it by accident.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 am

Nikachelle wrote:I don't remember getting an e-mail... however, I get so many spam fake WoW e-mails that it's very possible I deleted it by accident.

WoW has yet to send me any emails, beyond paid character transfer receipts, to my current linked email address. However, I still receive spam in my old email inbox. Maybe you should consider creating a new email specifically for WoW so it's easier to determine what is guaranteed spam vs what is likely legit?
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 am

Jeremoot wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Edit: Anyway, logged a ticket last night. Still waiting on a response.

I'll save you some time:

"Uninstall any addons and delete your WTF and Cache folders."

I couldn't talk for a few minutes after reading this.. I LMAO because it is VERY VERY true..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

PreviousNext

Return to General