[10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby fafhrd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

All the kills seem to be in the 8-9 minute range, so yeah, people are working through his HP slowly. Just need to figure out how to survive each combination of adds while chipping away at the boss slightly faster than the enrage >.>

Also the 3 kills I've looked at all 2 healed and I think 1 tanked.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby rijn dael » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Got this last night - very tight on enrage, but we did 1tank, 3 heal (with 4 legendaries).

We had no luck with 2heal (mostly due to positioning problems with green/yellow/black which we later resolved via positioning assigns).
rijn dael

Postby fafhrd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Best attempt so far 3 healing is 26% at enrage, with 2 legendaries :/
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Kitmajere » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:34 am

How many healers/tanks are you bringing?
We spent all raid on Tues wiping to 3 healing with me tanking. Our priority was purple>green.
Today we went in and one shot it with 2 healing and blood dk tank. Our priority was yellow>green.

Blood dks are *huge* here, so if you have access to one it literally is night and day. It basically trivializes the purple ooze, which you're forced to not prioritize killing by the other terrible combos. I hate ret with a passion and I've literally not done it since our original Heroic Atramedes work, but it was worth it >,<. Yellow hurts a fuckton, so I definitely recommend it as a high priority kill target.

If you are going to tank it as a pally, here's a bit of info: Consider the spell dmg reduction meta gem (almost all of the damage is magic). Mirror and glyphed DP are a given. I used a prismatic elixir for the tries while I was tanking.

Regarding letting purple through, here are some pointers:
WoG does not stack Deep Corruption. Neither do beacon heals (i.e. bring a holy pally). Efflorescence doesn't either. Many cooldowns do give a stack. Gift of the Naaru does too. Healing rain only gives 1 stack. When letting purple through only heal the raid with the biggest single target direct heals.

Check out Blood Legion's video for some cool strategy involving mana voids. We didn't do this, but it should be considered if the mana voids don't die fast enough. If you look down from above you can see the mana void early, and ranged can get some spells in early before they loose their mana.

TL;DR: Bring a blood dk and a holy pally. Kill yellow.
Kitmajere

Postby Galiks » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:48 am

Killed it tonight - had very consistent ~10 minute enrages with a 1 tank, 2 healer, 7 dps with 2 legendaries. We played it very passive since we didn't have a third healer. By being passive I mean we hardly never killed a black ooze and had to waste DPS killing them, but they are the least deadly of the four damage oozes. Kill order on slimes is vital, and should be something like this:

1. NEVER kill PURPLE, RED, BLUE.
2. Always kill YELLOW *unless*...
3. GREEN is present with RED or BLACK [you want to kill YELLOW even if its paired with GREEN alone [no RED/BLACK]]
4. PURPLE/BLUE/GREEN/BLACK = kill BLACK to increase uptime on the boss... GREEN is easiest to survive without YELLOW/RED/BLACK present, and this should be a breeze. I assume this is doable substituting YELLOW or RED in for GREEN, but GREEN is the least bursty and hits less targets.

Key notes:
1. GREEN/RED/YELLOW/BLACK = Bloodlust/offspec tranqs/hymns/personal cooldowns. We've never had this happen more than once an attempt, and it is by far the most deadly.

2. Mana tide, innervate, mana regen cooldowns after the first blue and preserve the mana void until the next blue, killing it immediately after. A mana void should always be popped after any mana drain other than the first.

3. Keep 1-2 melee DPS on the boss the entire fight, and make one of the DPS have their side-job be switching to mana voids to get them ~40ish. Multi-DoT the mana void. Sometimes one dps would be called to switch if there was a chance the ooze would hit the boss, or if black adds were still up from the 'deadly combo'.

4. Purple is doable - healers just need to use their brain on how to optimize their class. Call for personal raid CDs on phases when purple is paired with RED/BLACK as I've noticed that the Faceless adds will target the DPS doing the most dps to them and a chance to burst that player is down is possible.

5. Try your best to kill at last one black ooze, especially if its paired with a green/purple/blue.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby Winkle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:40 am

There are only 6 possible slime combinations (based on WoL for a lot of parses):

Purple, Red, Yellow, Black
Blue, Purple, Green, Yellow
Blue, Black, Purple, Yellow
Green, Red, Blue, Black
Green, Yellow, Black, Red
Purple, Green, Black, Blue

Kill suggestion:
Purple, Red, Yellow, Black - Kill Yellow
Blue, Purple, Green, Yellow - Kill Yellow
Blue, Black, Purple, Yellow - Kill Black if you can survive, otherwise yellow
Green, Red, Blue, Black - Kill Green
Green, Yellow, Black, Red - Kill Green
Purple, Green, Black, Blue - Kill Black
Winkle

Postby sylenced » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:28 am

Kind of curious if any healers can give us suggestions here. We are two healing it. The healers are our strong point of our guild, but we seem to be struggling with this.

Here is our comp:

Prot Paladin

Resto Druid
Holy Pally/Disc Priest

Combat Rogue
Frost DK
MM Hunter
Feral Druid
Arms Warrior
Spriest
Spriest/Ret pally (which ever second healer wasn't healing)

We have a fire mage on the bench who was late last night, so we can get lust in there.

Our priority was the following:

1) Always kill green
2) Never kill Blue/Purple
3) Yellow > Black > Red if all three present are present at once
4) Black > Yellow > Red if only two are present

Anyways, to our issue. Are healers are talented, I firmly stick by this. But, after seeing other kill videos, we just struggle to keep alive anytime we have any two damaging abilities up at once. We also had a huge abundance of tank deaths as well. We had our feral druid going bear and taunting when our Prot paladin got up to 3 stacks of the corruption. We used raid cds (We had 2 tranqs, 2 divine hymns, rallying cry, disc priest/holy pally cd's pending who was healing, prot pally cd's), but we're just still dropping. Any tactics or suggestions you healers can give out. Our healers are yousing their largest HPC heal (Greater heal, Healing touch, Divine Light).
sylenced

Postby Winkle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:34 am

If you always prefer to kill green over yellow you double the damage on your tank, not surprising you're seeing tank deaths.
Winkle

Postby Adornus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:03 am

sylenced wrote:Kind of curious if any healers can give us suggestions here. We are two healing it. The healers are our strong point of our guild, but we seem to be struggling with this.

Here is our comp:

Prot Paladin

Resto Druid
Holy Pally/Disc Priest

Combat Rogue
Frost DK
MM Hunter
Feral Druid
Arms Warrior
Spriest
Spriest/Ret pally (which ever second healer wasn't healing)

We have a fire mage on the bench who was late last night, so we can get lust in there.

Our priority was the following:

1) Always kill green
2) Never kill Blue/Purple
3) Yellow > Black > Red if all three present are present at once
4) Black > Yellow > Red if only two are present

Anyways, to our issue. Are healers are talented, I firmly stick by this. But, after seeing other kill videos, we just struggle to keep alive anytime we have any two damaging abilities up at once. We also had a huge abundance of tank deaths as well. We had our feral druid going bear and taunting when our Prot paladin got up to 3 stacks of the corruption. We used raid cds (We had 2 tranqs, 2 divine hymns, rallying cry, disc priest/holy pally cd's pending who was healing, prot pally cd's), but we're just still dropping. Any tactics or suggestions you healers can give out. Our healers are yousing their largest HPC heal (Greater heal, Healing touch, Divine Light).

If you never kill purple or blue, tranq is pretty much worthless (as well as all AoE heals) if purple is up.

I'd actually lean on killing yellow most of the time unless you get red/yellow/green/back. Then you kill green (the poster above you has it right).
Adornus

Postby Bellanka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:08 am

Also, Tranq gives a stack of the purple debuff for every tick. So can't use it with purple up or you're shooting yourself in the foot.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Hidden » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:11 pm

We did him fairly similar to what's been suggested already:
Red/Green/X/X: Kill Green
Anything else: Kill Yellow

In addition, blow Bloodlust on Red/Green/Yellow/Black.

With 2 healers we had 34 seconds left until enrage, never killing the black one.
Hidden

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Winkle wrote:There are only 6 possible slime combinations (based on WoL for a lot of parses)

You will probably hate me, but you can check these via wowhead (spells she casts) - or easily in the sourcecode of your favourite bossmod (I use bigwigs, /Dragonsoul/Yorsahj.lua).

There is a list of the 6 combinations :-)
rijn dael

Postby Tamarins » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:04 pm

rijn dael wrote:
Winkle wrote:There are only 6 possible slime combinations (based on WoL for a lot of parses)

You will probably hate me, but you can check these via wowhead (spells she casts) - or easily in the sourcecode of your favourite bossmod (I use bigwigs, /Dragonsoul/Yorsahj.lua).

There is a list of the 6 combinations :-)

Could you please link to where you see this on wowhead? When I looked for it, it just shows this, which doesn't seem to give any information about specific color combos: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=55312#abilities
Tamarins

Postby rijn dael » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Sorry, that section doesn't show you what you need to know.

The boss fires an event with the spellid prior to them spawning, which you can look up on wowhead. Alternatively, you can just steal from bossmod sourcecode, because some nice fellows already did the work of wiping while combatlogging :) - For ease of reference, the spellid's are below (from bigwigs source mentioned before).

To find each spell, you just paste the spellid in like so - although they don't actually tell you much, its just an easier way to get a unique list of them, rather than checking logs manually :P
http://www.ptr.wowhead.com/spell=105420

[105420] = { L.purple, L.green, L.blue, L.black },
[105435] = { L.green, L.red, L.black, L.blue },
[105436] = { L.green, L.yellow, L.red, L.black },
[105437] = { L.blue, L.purple, L.yellow, L.green },
[105439] = { L.blue, L.black, L.yellow, L.purple },
[105440] = { L.purple, L.red, L.black, L.yellow },
Last edited by rijn dael on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rijn dael

Postby Tamarins » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Awesome, thank you very much. That's extremely helpful :)
Tamarins

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)