Remove Advertisements

Dodge/Parry ratio

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Dodge/Parry ratio

Postby TehFurbolg » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Heyo,

I just wanted to ask what would be the ideal parry/dodge ratio.
I read somany different things and I remembered this site and it had always served me well during Wrath, so I decided to ask here.

If something doesn't have mastery on it, I reforge at least one stat to it, but what if it's parry and dodge - that's my problem right now.

Thanks in advance, TehFurbolg
TehFurbolg

Re: Dodge/Parry ratio

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 pm

To maximize your stats, you'll want them to be about equal, but you're looking at differences in the .0X% at that point. If you can't get them within half a percent of each other it's not a huge deal. I'm almost two points off right now because I literally can't reforge them into parity.

Good luck, have fun.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby TehFurbolg » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Well, because I think you mixed up (at least I read it that way) percent and rating - do I want the ratings to be equal or the percent?
TehFurbolg

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Percent.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby d07.RiV » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Since both dodge and parry have a base of 5%, and identical formulas for diminishing returns, making % equal is the same as making ratings equal.
You should also keep in mind that strength buffs affect your parry rating, and they can be difficult to account for (you can buff yourself with kings, then add 549*1.05*0.27=156 parry rating to whatever values you are getting).
I'm using an addon called ReforgeLite to maximize my avoidance while maintaining CTC, which only takes a few clicks after replacing an item/gems.
d07.RiV

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice