Remove Advertisements

[10H] Hagara

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10H] Hagara

Postby frontallobe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:50 am

(I'll update as we do more pulls on Thursday)

We did a few pulls on this last night.

Focused Assault
Can no longer be cheesed by strafing away. (Not sure if this was "fixed" on regular) - Using holy shield and DP (unglyphed) was enough with good heals but a CD is basically needed each FA. There seems to be 2 per tank phase.

Lightning Phase
The lightning phase damage is just WoW. We tried just having a few people chain to the totems in a hope that the debuff would drop or stop stacking. This was finicky at best.

Ice Wave Phase
This seemed doable with inside/outside track assignments. The "totems" seem to have an inordinate amount of HP in 10m but the mechanics are doable with a clever use of blessing of freedom, priest grips, druid stampedes, blink, sprint, etc.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Re: [10H] Hagara

Postby Treck » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:07 am

On normal (and LFR) she interrupts Focused assault if you run out of range, is that what you mean you cant "cheese" it and run away anymore?
And if so, how is it different?
Since im banned, cant see shit :P
Treck

Postby frontallobe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:16 am

LOL I was wondering if you got banned Treckie but didn't want to ask :)

Yeah, you can no longer run out of range of focused assault. She chases you you down like a fat kid on cake. (see: our first wipe)
frontallobe

Postby Treck » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:23 am

Did they change it on the other difficulties aswell? or you think its a heroicmode only ability?
Altho only twice per hagara phase? that cant be right, then they made her do it a lot less? or is it two for the very first phase (as its shorter anyway, sicne theres no icetombs there either)
Gotta be more than twice in her other phases?
Altho, the fight needed it, the fight didnt have any reason whatsoever to bring a good geared tank or to use your CDs, her normal dmg is very low so im happy they made us have to use our abilities.
Treck

Postby frontallobe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:28 am

My guess is they "fixed" it for normal and left as is for LFR but I have no data either way.

It may only be 2 for the first phase as the intermission phases wiped us each time so we never saw the down-time phase and the subsequent tanking phase.

I'm happy that focused assault can't be cheesed on HM since you're absolutely right about tanking it. You would just have a plate dps cheese the tanking. So that's a good fix. I hope it's fixed on normal as well and probably left as is for LFR.
frontallobe

Postby Astronomic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:51 am

No we did it on normal last night and I could still cheese it.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Treck » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:51 am

It might just be a heroic only thingy.
Dont forget how easy it is to kite her aroung way past her enrage when she stops casting over and over and over again.
Think we kited for a whole phase without the tank even getting hit once on PTR after the enrage hit the second she went unstunned.
Treck

Postby fafhrd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Her ice crystal things seems to have 2million HP which sounds bloody rough to deal with. Apparently on 25H they have 2.5M hp, so either they are doing this to add difficulty on 10H because they think some other aspect is easier on 10H than 25H, or they messed up some numbers somewhere. People are still killing it though (very very few people), wondering how they're managing.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 pm

On Tues last week, Hagara 10N was total cheese, her melee range on FA was immediate only. In one of the two hotfixes they changed it such that by Fri she now appears to have a more generous ~5 yard range on FA. So last Tues a quick tank could escape with almost no FA dmg, but now in Normal and LFR the ~5 yard range means even with strafing a tank will usually take 1-2 full ticks.

However the dmg on 10N and LFR is not bad, attentive healers can keep a tank up for the full duration. My recollection is that she does FA more frequently than twice per phase such that sooner or later a solo tank will likely face one without any CDs, especially in LFR where half the pulls I have sen have been facepulls at the end of trash.

If she is chasing tanks down in Heroic to maintain FA, then eating it in Normal might be good practice for tanks/heals to be prepared for that damage.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:02 pm

the focused assault only happening twice per phase might be something 10 man specific. I know on 25 (on normal) we didn't know we could strafe away and were basically just taunting off each other halfway through the cast to split the damage...I'd imagine it's different on 10 man because it's a 1 tank fight.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby timoseewho » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 am

Quick question regarding the lightning phase, are there 8 totems and 2 adds? Also, is it recommended to have ranged full soak the shooting lances or do a rotation thing kind of like on Majordomo Staghelm with the orbs? Thanks.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby frontallobe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

We're talking about this now as well Timoseewho. We think it needs to be cooldowns and rotations for the ice beams. It is 8 totems but unlike the PTR there is only 1 add that pops up.
frontallobe

Postby timoseewho » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:24 pm

okay cool:]. Oh, one thing about the splash portion of the Ice Lance ability. I know it does a 3yd splash, for those unfortunate enough to take the splash, do they get hit by the debuff modified damage or just the default damage?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Arincia » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:10 pm

seems like a quick taunt to range and taunt back again would stop or minimize the FA dmg.
Arincia

Postby frontallobe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Honestly, the damage from FA is just so secondary to the mechanics on the transition phases. It's the least of our worries.. more worrisome is the ice beams in that phase. We're pulling again tonight. I'll share anything we learn.
frontallobe

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)