Remove Advertisements

[10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby timoseewho » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:03 am

Hello, so after dealing with Morchok, my guild decided to test its luck with Warlord Zon'ozz and he showed us who's boss, so the following are the changes on heroic:

-Warlord Zon'ozz covers random players with Disrupting Shadows. The effect inficts 41513 Shadow damage every 2 seconds. The shadows also deal 60099 Shadow Damage and knockback the targeted player if the effect is dispelled. In Heroic Difficulty the effect deals 60099 Shadow damage and knocks back all players within 10 yards.
-Zon'ozz Diffused - When the Void collides with Warlord Zon'ozz, it inflicts a distracting shock to him. The Void Diffusion increases the damage Zon'ozz takes by 5% for every time the Void of the Unmaking bounces between players. This collision enrages Warlord Zon'ozz, causing him to awaken the Maw of Go'rath and lose his Focused Anger. In Heroic Difficulty the awakening of the Maw of Go'rath causes many different types of tentacles to emerge and attack the players.
-Black Blood of Go'rath - Warlord Zon'ozz inflicts 14099 Shadow damage every 1 sec. to all players for 30 sec. In Heroic Difficulty each tentacle of Go'rath inflicts 3795 Shadow damage every 2 sec. to all nearby enemies. The damage is multiplied by the number of tentacles alive.
-Claw of Go'rath - When not tanked the Claw of Go'rath spits ooze at a random player, inflicting 100000 Shadow damage to the target and any allies within 4 yards.
-Eye of Go'rath - The Eye of Go'rath casts its Shadowy Gaze at a random player, inflicting 37500 Shadow damage.
-Flail of Go'rath - The Flail of Go'rath whips about wildly, inflicting 15500 Physical damage and knocking back nearby units within 15 yards. The Flail of Go'rath spews sludge at a random player, inflicting 45000 Shadow damage.

We never got as far as the second P2, so I'm not sure if we need 2 tanks here. We did the first P1 with 7 bounces (with the 8th one hitting the boss). For P2, we (all DPS, except for the tank just sitting on the claw with the boss and a healer) basically wrapped around the room (from south, to west, all the way to the north) trying to kill as many tentacles as we can, taking out the low HP ones first to remove the debuff stacks ASAP. The main problem we ran into was not killing all the tentacles in time for the second P1. We would usually finish off all the tentacles by the time the boss summoned the orb in the second P2 (leaving us very little free DPS time), and at this point the boss was still only at 80%. We were doing this with 1 tank and 3 heals, was it a DPS problem? Or were we simply not doing P2 correctly? Thanks.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Re: [10H] Warlord Zon'ozz

Postby Valour » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:51 am

Our first raid night of the week is tonight, looks like we'll be hitting Zon'ozz after Morchok, at least based on the number of kills we've seen so far.

Anybody else tried him out?
Heroic Boss Kill Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ValourWoW
Valour

Postby Kthx » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:57 am

Valour wrote:Our first raid night of the week is tonight, looks like we'll be hitting Zon'ozz after Morchok, at least based on the number of kills we've seen so far.

Anybody else tried him out?

Yes, we put in 15+ attempts last night.

1st. Lots of damage during P2. It was unreal at first. We tried many things, such as stacking and ignoring adds, stacking and getting adds in range of clump, sending melee after adds with ranged stacked, stacking range in the group with 1 melee. We did not have a lot of luck. Our main problem was figuring out how to deal with the adds and stay alive long enough for the healing to be manageable. A big problem with the adds was how far they were spread. We are running 10m, and it seemed to be set up and tuned for 25s. Just takes some practice with positioning and add handling.

We will be going back tonight. It seems that they hotfixed the encounter around 11:45pm EST. One of our healers was watching a 25m stream, and one pull was the typical damage and the next pull it was drastically different, without the strat altering at all. Hopefully they tuned it down.
Kthx

Postby Galiks » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:53 am

Requesting any insight after today's raid - have not put any real attempts in but we did it pull once and saw the P2 damage is actually survivable on 10-man now compared to yesterday.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby Bellanka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 am

After our attempts last night it took our healers fifteen minutes to stop sobbing and resume normal breathing patterns.

Like Kthx, we tried a few different strats for dealing with the eyes and claw with very little success. We tried stacking up near the claw, but ranged couldn't reach more than 1 or 2 eyes. We tried ranged, one melee, and a healer moving from eye to eye in a stack, which also had little success but seemed to work much better. I think that prioritizing short-CD ranged interrupts (wind shear), and longer duration interrupts (Moonkin's Solar Beam, Fel Hunter) will be the key to winning this and making the Black Phase more healable.

One of our main two healers was out with computer problems most of the night, so we had our Ele Shaman and Shadow Priest bring out their healing specs with our R-Druid. It was just brutal.

We played around with P2 by letting the void bounce once then hit the boss to test survivability, then tested out the max number of stacks we could heal through before we HAD to to throw the void into Zon'ozz and dispelled some of the rumors we've found while looking for more information. (One of the nastier ones was that his debuff went away after the black phase, but we confirmed there's a 2-minute timer that refreshes on fresh stacks to keep the damage debuff going.)

I think this is doable, moreso than Yor'sahj and the DPS requirement necessary for that on 10-man.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Adornus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 am

So what are you guys doing for bounce counts? We're doing this on Sunday and am trying to get everything prepared...

I was thinking something like 6-4-3-3-3... or should the bounces be higher since the black phase is so brutal? 7-5-5-5-5...?
Adornus

Postby Bellanka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 am

I'd recommend doing a test pull with your healers to see how many stacks you can take without using any cooldowns you need to survive P2, and push for that max number on the first set of bounces, after that 5-7 each phase should be fine.

With a 6 minute enrage timer, and DPS on the eyes (they stay up when the black phase is over) you want to maximize as many stacks as you can manage to up overall DPS.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, three-healing with a Resto Druid, Holy Priest (may have been Disc? I can check when I get home as WoL is blocked at the office) and Resto Shaman I was able to withstand enough damage to let the ball bounce 9-10 times before I got stomped.

EDIT2: 6 minute enrage timer, not 5.
Last edited by Bellanka on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Forgrim » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:24 am

i know flails are killed, but do claws despawn after p2 is done? (eyes remain, i've seen it)
Forgrim

Postby Adornus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:05 am

Bellanka wrote:I'd recommend doing a test pull with your healers to see how many stacks you can take without using any cooldowns you need to survive P2, and push for that max number on the first set of bounces, after that 5-7 each phase should be fine.

With a 5 minute enrage timer, and DPS on the eyes (they stay up when the black phase is over) you want to maximize as many stacks as you can manage to up overall DPS.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, three-healing with a Resto Druid, Holy Priest (may have been Disc? I can check when I get home as WoL is blocked at the office) and Resto Shaman I was able to withstand enough damage to let the ball bounce 9-10 times before I got stomped.

We'll be three healing with rDruid, hPally, and dPriest. This helps a lot. Hand of Sac will also be nice once the ball bounces 7 times or so (since it's prob a bad idea to use in p2 anywyas).
Adornus

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:09 am

Forgrim wrote:i know flails are killed, but do claws despawn after p2 is done? (eyes remain, i've seen it)

Nothing despawns.
Belloc

Postby Bellanka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:11 am

Belloc wrote:
Forgrim wrote:i know flails are killed, but do claws despawn after p2 is done? (eyes remain, i've seen it)

Nothing despawns.

Are you sure?

I'm almost 100% positive flails despawn.

In 10-man, they also have a really small health pool.

Eyes were 700k...ish?
I believe flails were 300k.

I don't recall Claw health.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby timoseewho » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:44 am

Bellanka wrote:
Belloc wrote:

Nothing despawns.

Are you sure?

Eyes were 700k...ish?

The claws have 1.78M.

For some reason I recall having 2 claws going into P2 when we killed the claw from the previous P2 (although we might have had other adds not killed going into that second P2). Does anyone know if the boss spawns 'extra' claws or even flails/eyes in succeeding P2's as a means of punishing you for not killing all the adds? And, do all the adds in P2 have a set spawn location? Thanks.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
timoseewho

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Bellanka wrote:
Belloc wrote:

Nothing despawns.

Are you sure?

Eyes were 700k...ish?

We managed to survive until the second Void appeared without killing everything and nothing despawned. I'm fairly certain that we had flails and eyes up.
Belloc

Postby Bellanka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:04 pm

timoseewho wrote:And, do all the adds in P2 have a set spawn location? Thanks.

The eyes spawn from the ... uh ... puckered arseholes on the ground, the ones that look like the ground art from where the oozes spawn on Yor'sahj.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby timoseewho » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Also, this is definitely a 1-tank fight correct?
timoseewho

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)