Remove Advertisements

darkmoon faire is a joke

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:59 am

All quests can be repeated at least once each Faire, and the dungeon/raid/BG drops can be farmed at any time (even while Faire is not active) so long as you keep your Guide in your bags. With it also being possible to buy and sell a lot of stuff (the items for turn ins, and all the transmog gear is tradeable so doesn't necessarily have to be bought with your own tickets) you can really cut down how much you might need to farm the dailies.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby degre » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:19 am

Good to hear, many thanks!
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:21 am

So... is the island instanced? If not, what prevents people from just logging out a character there to continuously do the dailies?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:31 am

Is definitely istanced, you have to go through the portal for that reason, else would be even easier, you could leave there an alt summon people when required.

They're probably going to shut down the area and whoever logs in during the period the faire is not active will be ported out.

EDIT:

Blues posting about it, reported by MMOchamp.

Apparently people have been complaining about the time it might take and blues reported what we've observed here, it ain't that long.

Tickets Per Faire

Dungeon: 40
Heroic Dungeon: 15
Raid: 10
Tradeskill quests (primary): 8
Tradeskill quests (secondary): 12
BGs: 15
Kill Quest: 10
Mini Games*: 35

Total Tickets per faire: 145

* 5 mini games, available daily: 7*5=35

As an example, here are some options that you can choose over the course of two Darkmoon Faires (2 weeks over 2 months):

Prioritizing mounts/pets: 1 mount + 1 pet, with 20 tickets to spare
Prioritizing pets: 3 pets, 20 tickets to spare
Prioritizing cosmetic armor: 4 pieces of cosmetic armor, with 30 tickets to spare
Prioritizing heirloom armor: 1 piece of heirloom armor + 1 heirloom weapon, with 20 tickets to spare
degre

Postby Phonic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 am

Yeah, it's really turning in the artifacts that give you the boost. The dailies are almost noise compared to that. I like the fact that they are BOE.
Phonic

Postby rodos » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Phonic wrote:The dailies are almost noise compared to that. I like the fact that they are BOE.

It's like a trading card game.

Gotta catch 'em all!
rodos

Postby djlar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:33 am

I haven't seen raid drops at all the whole week, those rates must be extremely rare, we have done 6/8 bosses on 25, if everybody has a guide, that's 150 chances to drop, so far, none..

I'm guessing LFR raid bosses don't drop any DMF stuff..
djlar

Postby degre » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:51 am

djlar wrote:I haven't seen raid drops at all the whole week, those rates must be extremely rare, we have done 6/8 bosses on 25, if everybody has a guide, that's 150 chances to drop, so far, none..

I'm guessing LFR raid bosses don't drop any DMF stuff..

I guess 6 kills is still 6 chances, the fact that everyone can loot it doesn't improve the chances.
degre

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:56 am

Remember the idea is, with this first time being the exception, that you have a full month to gather the drops for each Faire.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:14 am

Monkey wearing a fez is awesome
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:19 am

So if it happens that the raid only item does drop, I bet that one should be sell nicely in the AH... maybe even some guilds getting it for gbank purpouses (set the loot treshold to rare the master looter ninjas it)..

Our guild is a bit greedier, threshold is at uncommon, so any green and above goes to the gbank, I guess 1M gold is not enough.. LOL
djlar

Postby Ardrhyst » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:27 am

Astronomic wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I enjoyed the fair. It's well thought out, pretty and unique. It's what the Faire should've been all along.

^

Though I do feel sorry for those that turned in a bajillion decks for their "insane in the membrane" acheivement

It's really a kick in the cock. I felt that Darkmoon Faire was by far the worst part of the achievement, and I did it back when Shendralar was also necessary. Honestly, I think Darkmoon was even worse than getting Bloodsail exalted off of Jazzrik in Badlands.

They just keep dropping parts of Insane off. It should really just be removed.

As for the Faire itself, I find it to be pretty insubstantial. The minigames are just terrible things that you play if you want the tickets, nothing more. For something like this to have meaning, the minigames would have to be fun. Nobody's going to say, "I have an hour to kill in WoW. I think I'll go and play some Darkmoon Faire minigames!" It's a cute achievement train and farming ground.
Last edited by Ardrhyst on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 am

There's a reason "the Insane" is not an achievement but a FoS.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby RedAces » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:35 am

djlar wrote:So if it happens that the raid only item does drop, I bet that one should be sell nicely in the AH... maybe even some guilds getting it for gbank purpouses (set the loot treshold to rare the master looter ninjas it)..

Our guild is a bit greedier, threshold is at uncommon, so any green and above goes to the gbank, I guess 1M gold is not enough.. LOL

If it drops every can loot their own copy...
RedAces

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:42 am

Ardrhyst wrote:As for the Faire itself, I find it to be pretty insubstantial. The minigames are just terrible things that you play if you want the tickets, nothing more. For something like this to have meaning, the minigames would have to be fun. Nobody's going to say, "I have ten minutes to kill in WoW. I think I'll go and play some Darkmoon Faire minigames!" It's a cute achievement train and farming ground.

Fix't
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General