Am I (stat/gearwise) ready for FL?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Am I (stat/gearwise) ready for FL?

Postby indirect » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:04 am

yappo wrote:Could a moderator please lock this thread?

No, but I'm betting they'll give you an infraction for pointless spam.

Jeremoot wrote:I'm not going to entertain you with anymore superfluous banter, but when you ask for advice don't act surprised when it's given to you.

A wise man once said, 'but' is a word used for those too dim for a true statement. Don't apologize to me and then still try and insult me.
Last edited by indirect on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
indirect

Postby indirect » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:05 am

fuzzygeek wrote:I'm not a big fan of the monster request thread as stuff gets lost and individual conversations are impossible to have. I think we'd be better off with a separate subforum for "HELP!" type posts. Forum vets may prefer all the help posts be neatly consolidated into a single thread, but honestly I think it does a disservice to people who are new.

@indirect:

Another resource is http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear that will play all kinds of games with optimizing your gear. I don't follow it to the letter when I'm doing specific things, but it is very good for getting a general idea of where to go if you're uncertain.

Yes, you should definitely be using two mastery trinkets. Until I started having problems with overflowing the cap, I wore two mastery trinkets (or the rep one (dodge)). The requirements for FL are not exactly high -- the first time I tanked it on my other paladin (technically my wife's character), I was still wearing three pieces of PvP gear and the ZA DPS hat. However, I did gem and enchant and reforge such that I was in the high 90%s of CTC.

It's not unusual for entry level raid tanks to be around 13-14% dodge/parry with higher levels of mastery. What makes me sad is end game tanks who are still gearing for 70% block (eaugh).

I personally don't think the BH trinkets are worth farming now, as it's a month? or so of time investment. There are better options at this point, or stopgap measures you can use until you can get the new trinket or badge gear that'll allow you a mast/stam setup.

In either case, if your question has been answered then great; otherwise the off-topic trolling isn't helpful or useful to anyone. Jere was abrupt, indirect took offense at the perceived slight, and things spiraled out from there. Escalating is pointless and counterproductive.

That's for the link and insight. Will check it out.
indirect

Postby yappo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:42 am

Once again, lock this thread. The little gearing content it has belongs in the general gearing thread.
yappo

Postby Barathorn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:57 am

Seriously?

Pack it in now. Put the toys away and stop throwing rattles out of prams.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:58 am

Barathorn wrote:Seriously?

Pack it in now. Put the toys away and stip throwing rattles out of prams.

I.. er... what?

Edit: *runs to get his English to English dictionary*
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:00 am

Memo : To people posting in this thread.

Please.

Stop.

Awaiting lock, move along, nothing to see here.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 am

Don't feed the trolls please.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice