Remove Advertisements

[10] Ultraxion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Ultraxion

Postby Steve » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:31 pm

The DPS difference is actually pretty small. To minimize the effect you could have your best healer do the logging since they never get the fading light debuff and will likely be the one to use heroic will at the last possible moment (among the healers) for Hour of Twilight.

As a Ret on this fight, my DPS was only under-reported by 300 or so. Obviously classes with high DoT damage will be impacted more, but I can't imagine it will be by much.
Steve

Postby parmy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi,
My guild is having a hard time with this guy. We had 3 wipes bellow 3% last week and we're going at it tonight. We were 3 healing it and to help out I equipped a few dps trinkets (hearth and licence to slay) and got my personal dps to about 18.5k. But now, I'm not sure what to do in order to bump it up a bit more. Any suggestions? I'm pretty torn between equipping a few more dps peices or just going back to full prot and suggesting that a healer jumps in his dps suit.

Since last week I grabbed a nice pair of threat gloves from these new quests but still.. I'm not sure.

Here is who I am Parmy. I logged out in my trash set to show what I intend on using.

Any suggestions? I feel we're right at the rim and just need a little push to get it in...
Parmy,
Prot Pally, main tank of Veni Vidi Intereo.
parmy

Postby Darielle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:00 pm

2-heal is superior to 3-heal simply because that last minute doubles the raid damage (30k/2 --> 30k/1) and cutting it out will make a huge difference.

With Green/Blue, aoe healing to deal with 30k/2 is fairly easy.
Darielle

Postby parmy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:19 pm

We 2 healed it, got it down in 2 tries !

thanks.
Parmy,
Prot Pally, main tank of Veni Vidi Intereo.
parmy

Postby Andurin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:02 am

Trew this down in the facebook maintankadin chat aswell:

Any good way for kitty druids to do this? My girlfriend cant seem to get far enough behind the boss to use Shred. Wich gimps the dps big time (from 25kish to 17k or so) and costed us the kill :(
Andurin

Postby Winkle » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:11 am

Andurin wrote:Trew this down in the facebook maintankadin chat aswell:

Any good way for kitty druids to do this? My girlfriend cant seem to get far enough behind the boss to use Shred. Wich gimps the dps big time (from 25kish to 17k or so) and costed us the kill :(

I thought you could attack the boss from the front as if you were behind him? Or does he just not parry?
Winkle

Postby Andurin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 am

Havnt found out how to do that then, Shred just didnt want to land. Might be a misclick then... Gonna try rotating it a bit tonight ( as suggested on the facebook chat).
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:09 am

A quick search brought me to a thread on the officical forums with a Rogue complaining that they changed it from the PTR so you can't Backstab/Shred. Apparently he also has the old problem with Shadowstep sending you off to die.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Epimer » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:38 am

I checked some logs earlier and didn't see any Kittys with Shred damage on Ultraxion, or Rogues of any sort with Backstabs. Since the Sub Rogue parses were full of Hemo rather than Backstab, it looks like you can't Backstab Ultraxion in the face for the time being. Which is kind of silly, what with the adjustments made to some bosses to fix precisely this issue.
Epimer

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Yea, this boss isn't the same as it was on the PTR. Other than combat rogues(luls XD) and Doo-dads can't do their primary attack.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Andurin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:55 am

We tried a bit of twisting and turning the first try but could not get our kitty to Shred on it. So we got our mages to kick up their slacking damage a bit and we killed it even with gimped kitty dps :)
Andurin

Postby Steve » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:21 pm

I experienced the fading light debuff icon placement bug first hand. The game just displays the buff buried under the buff icons, so you literally have to identify it between buff icons and be somehow able to read the time left on it to act appropriately. It's basically impossible to do. You need a mod to handle it for you somehow, either a boss mod or a mod that alters the icon placement of your debuffs. Just looking at the default Blizzard debuffs isn't going to work if you've experienced the bug.

The only two addons I had enabled at the time was loggerhead and decursive. So if it's an addon issue, it's most likely decursive or some ace lib that decursive uses.
Steve

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:47 am

Andurin wrote:Trew this down in the facebook maintankadin chat aswell:

If your kitty is losing nearly a third of their dps from using mangle instead of shred they are doing something wrong. Our kitty did 31k dps on our kill last week, keeping pretty much in line with the other dps, maybe 2k dps lower than she would have been if she could shred.
Rhiannon

Postby Outt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 am

Quick question here.

I've only done this on LFR so far, and each time my ExtraButton has been gone(finally got it back now) and we'll be attempting Ultraxion 10 on Friday(3/8 this week, should have downed Hagara btut people got lazy.)

Anyways, If I'm the MT and I have a Prot War as OT, I can probably manage to stay out every time w/ GoAK or Glyphed DP, but during my LFr I died every signle time Fading Light hit. I'm assuming this is because my Heroic Will was gone, so in the 10man when I get Fading Light on me, other tank taunts and I pop Heroic Will w/ ~3sec left on the debuff? then I grab it back when it's over, correct?

And can anyone go through the Gems and what each does? or which healers benefit the most from it? I'm also the Raid Leader, so I'm not sure which gems to direct which healers too(running w/ HPriest, HPal, RSham most likely)

Thanks!
Outt

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:46 am

Anyways, If I'm the MT and I have a Prot War as OT, I can probably manage to stay out every time w/ GoAK or Glyphed DP, but during my LFr I died every signle time Fading Light hit. I'm assuming this is because my Heroic Will was gone, so in the 10man when I get Fading Light on me, other tank taunts and I pop Heroic Will w/ ~3sec left on the debuff? then I grab it back when it's over, correct?

The Last Defender of Azeroth buff, shortens all your defensive CDs and doubles their active length. So DivProt now has a 30sec CD and like a 20sec or so uptime. It could be used every Hour of twilight, but you may as well let your co-tank eat his share and just alternate with him. GanK will now have a 1.5min CD, so it will be available every other hour. Combining glyphed DivProt with GanK is awesome for Hour. Also, use DivGuard before or right after Hour sometimes to help the healers, it also has a 1.5min CD for this fight. Trying to 1 tank it is risky in that my experience is that Ultraxion will pawn even a plate dps relatively quickly almost every time.

On my healer last night, I tried Aura Mastery and such, and Last Defender did squat for my healer :(

And can anyone go through the Gems and what each does? or which healers benefit the most from it? I'm also the Raid Leader, so I'm not sure which gems to direct which healers too(running w/ HPriest, HPal, RSham most likely)

First crystal is RED, it appears ~ 1 min? into the fight on the left of the stairs looking at the boss (to the right if you have to turn around and run at it) If I recall correctly it doubles the effectiveness of heals. All heals seem to want this one, but I would say its best for AOE/raid heal classes. We have our druid get it.

Next crystal is GREEN, it appears ~ 2.5 min? into the fight on the right of the stairs looking at the boss (to the left when you turn around to run at it) This one gives any direct heal a bonus AOE component. This is awesome for pallies. I was dubious before I used it, after I had become hooked on the new HolyRadiance and LoD combo, but Blasting DivLight and 3HoPo WoG on the Tank puts up AOE better than HolyRadiance with the Green crystal. Definitely best for Pallies as primarily tank healers.

Final crystal is BLUE, it appears ~ 4.5 min? into the fight I believe in the center of the stairs (probably directly behind the raid group). This one reduces the cost of heals (possibly generic spells) by 75%. It also sounds wonderfull, but in 10m most people 2 heal anyways to try to beat him before ~ 5min.

After about 5mins, the raid damage is so increadibly bad that even three healers start to truggle. I don't think my raid ever lived past 5'30" with 3 heals. We probably could have lived a bit more with carefull raid CDs, but trying 2 heals instead was far superior.

I would definitely see if your Shammy has a dps offspec. Our shammy was able to go Elemental, which provided a nice caster buff in addition to the raw dps, but if it was the priest or pally that might be ok too. Certainly it would be best if 1 healer had a decent set of dps gear and dps spec, Madness of Deathwing also invites 2 healing.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)