[10] Madness of Deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Madness of Deathwing

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am

KysenMurrin wrote:How much difference do you think having the Paladin 4-set bonus will make on this fight? You're at 2 pieces already, right?

Yep, I've got two pieces.

I'm not sure if there's two minute between the bolts landing. I'll have to time it next time. If it WAS two minutes though, Divine should've been able to use AM every time.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:14 am

Cataclysm cast finishes 3 minutes after DW starts assaulting a platform I believe, so bolts should be somewhere around 3 minutes apart (if you really try to space it out). 4 piece would mean you could definitely use it on platforms 3 and 4 and also in the last phase, not sure you'd be able to use it in last phase if you used it on 4 without 4 pc.
Rhiannon

Postby Juugimus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:03 am

Does Nozdormu's buff happen every phase 2?

For the life of me I don't remember seeing it.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:07 am

All aspect buffs should be back for P2.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Juugimus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 am

fafhrd wrote:All aspect buffs should be back for P2.

Thx.

We got to 9% and tanks were getting raped but we were not tanking in the Nozdormu circle, that would help a ton.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:34 am

Nikachelle wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:How much difference do you think having the Paladin 4-set bonus will make on this fight? You're at 2 pieces already, right?

Yep, I've got two pieces.

I'm not sure if there's two minute between the bolts landing. I'll have to time it next time. If it WAS two minutes though, Divine should've been able to use AM every time.

My Spirit Wolves were up for every Mutated Corruption, and they're on 2 minute cooldown. The bolts have similar timing.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Donut » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:11 pm

We did this fight with my 4pc using the 1 tank 2 heal strat. Imo its the safest way to do this until you have more DS gear. For starters if you are going to be using this method the best piece of advice has already been given: hold off dpsing Deathwing's limbs until after you kill mutated corruption, elementium bolt, and hemorrhaging blood.

Going in with mostly firelands heroic gear we sometimes ended up waiting 30 or more seconds for the blood to hemorrhage and still made the cataclysm timer, do a few test runs to figure out when you need to start keep in mind that at some point you will lose 20% haste because Kalecgos is by far the most important aspect to keep up. Keep in mind that on the fourth phase you will definitely want a raid cooldown when the limb spawns tentacles at 30% as the damage is intense without the aspect buffs. If you go in with 1 tank the hardest part of this fight then becomes the 2 elementals in phase 2.

I found that I could avoid using dream even if I was targeted by shrapnel because if does 200k minus talented damage reduction which is not lethal. As soon as they spawned I had a dps mark one so I could focus on the pickup - the key here is do drag them into the time zone Nordormu puts down, it halves their attack speed which makes the tetanus easily survivable with a Dream>external CD> personal CD chain. I used Pain Supression and GoAK which left me AD just incase. If you run 1T 7DPS 2H you can kill Deathwing right before or shortly after the second wave of adds spawn keep in mind that the elementals don't come for a while and the tentacles take 15 or more seconds to cast shrapnel so if your close just ignore and go for the burn. We did this without lust and got it just as the tentacles came up.

Overall I would say the 4pc is nice to have but not mandatory for paladins as you want to delay starting on the limb for healer mana anyway and this allows DG to come back up. I would say the any other tank will really want their 4pc if their guild will let them have it as having the extra raid cooldown in 10 man makes a huge difference.

Hope That helped.
Donut

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:27 pm

@donut what order did you do platforms?

As far as neat effects from wiping on MoD: [spoiler]I love -- absolutely love -- that the screen just goes black if DW finishes his Cataclysm cast. It is amazing.[/spoiler]
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Xfighter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 pm

So using the 1T/2H strat was working for our group, and could consistently make it to sub 6%.

I can handle the first set of adds still having AD and DP available, but without a heroism we aren't getting DW down before the second set of adds and it quickly spirals into a wipe (had a 2%/3M hp wipe last night), so using this strat is there any other tricks to surviving a second add wave a bit longer, or is it pretty much assumed that the second wave will rape face very quickly?

Anyone know if they can be slowed/stunned/rooted/any form of "stop them from attacking for a few seconds"?

Do we lose thralls platform jumping buff in p2, or could it potentially be possible to jump platforms in the hope of delaying an attack/getting them away from the group as much as possible before going splat?
Last edited by Xfighter on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xfighter

Postby Tamarins » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Pretty sure bolts land at least 3 minutes apart. We used several 3-min CDs for the two bolts we had to live through.
Tamarins

Postby Donut » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:52 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:@donut what order did you do platforms?

We did ysera > Noz > Alex > Kalec

Reasons:
-you really don't need dream if you can kill the mutated whatsits in 1 impale

-elementium bolt does very little damage if you stack far away from it and use at least 1 raid cd, initially we were using 2 but 1 with personal cool downs like deterrence, divine protection, and feint make it very survivable. The problem here is that if your raid can't down the mutated corruption before the elementium bolt spawns they have a hard time making it back in time so you have to push that tentacle down quick.

-you could probably do Alex second and Noz third but at the end of the day the fourth platform is the hardest and you have neither there so may as well practice surviving bolt earlier.
Donut

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:40 pm

That order worked really well for us; thank you. Our RDPS is high enough to down the big mutation before the bolt.

On the 3rd platform we belayed DPS on the claw until after the bolt to keep raid damage down.

The beginning of P2 was tricky; double tanking the adds is no joke. We lusted and murdered them, and he was dead before the next set of small tentacles spawned.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Donut » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Congrats, I tried to pug it on my druid earlier and dps could just not get the mutations down on the fourth platform and this was with an average ilevel of around 382 across all of them. Feels like this fight is a little overturned, I just cannot see 2 tank 2 heal or 2 tank 3 heal being doable reasonably. Has anyone done is like that in around 380~ gear?
Donut

Postby Ezelyn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:37 am

Donut wrote:Congrats, I tried to pug it on my druid earlier and dps could just not get the mutations down on the fourth platform and this was with an average ilevel of around 382 across all of them. Feels like this fight is a little overturned, I just cannot see 2 tank 2 heal or 2 tank 3 heal being doable reasonably. Has anyone done is like that in around 380~ gear?

You may can try our setup : 1 tank 3 heals, with disc priest full AA on mutated corruption (which leads us to 6,5dps on this burst).
Ezelyn

Postby Era » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am

In Phase 2, do most of you ignore using Dream for the Shrapnel damage in order to have Dream up for Tetanus stacks? Do you use any cooldowns to mitigate the Shrapnel, or do you just rely on your armour? I feel like I need every single cooldown I have to survive the Tetanus...

And on that note, Tetanus is doing Shadow damage now - do you think that will be fixed on Wednesday? If they set it to Physical damage like the tooltip says it should be, their damage should be a loooot lower.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)