Remove Advertisements

Am I (stat/gearwise) ready for FL?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Am I (stat/gearwise) ready for FL?

Postby Gab » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 am

Jeremoot wrote:Spec 1: No wrath of the lightbringer, no reckoning, yet two points into Eternal Glory. Spec 2: No Reckoning or RoL yet two points into Eternal Glory. Darkmoon: Earthquake, and Veil of Lies.

Nope, you're not ready. Read the stickies in this forum as well as Basic Training. Fix your spec, and find some more appropriate trinkets. Then you're ready.

How is this, in anyway, "rude" or "elitist"?. Short maybe but that's about it. He even apologized for getting the Veil of Lies wrong. Relax guy... Fique Tranquilo...
Gab

Postby indirect » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:23 am

Nope, you're not ready. Read the stickies in this forum as well as Basic Training. Fix your spec, and find some more appropriate trinkets. Then you're ready.

Is a fairly rude way of saying what he had to say.

Especially seeing, as others have noted, it looks like I could do FL just fine. He just wanted to seem like an elitist.
indirect

Postby Gab » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:30 am

indirect wrote:

Especially seeing, as others have noted, it looks like I could do FL just fine. He just wanted to seem like an elitist.

You are obviously thin skinned so I'll try to be as nice as possible. I'm sure Jere didn't "want to seem like an elisist". I'm thinking you just perceived his comments the wrong way. In his opinion you are not ready for FL, and if in fact your spec is not optimal I wouldn't bring you to a raid either TBH, everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's a simple fix just relax...

You even said you didn't remember the WoG CD, now thanks to Jere, you know. Don't ask for help and then think everyone is being an elitist.
Gab

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:31 am

I read the entire thread.

Your response to someone telling you to fix your spec and trinkets (which wasn't rude - it was just accurate) was "yadda yadda in your infinite wisdom... snarky comment about vp cap... blah blah the fuck are you smoking...". Yeah okay.

I know it's easy to get insulted when someone doesn't put a whackload of smiley faces at the end of all of their sentences... but come on. There was nothing rude about what Jeremoot said.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby indirect » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:33 am

Gab wrote:
indirect wrote:

You are obviously thin skinned so I'll try to be as nice as possible. I'm sure Jere didn't "want to seem like an elisist". I'm thinking you just perceived his comments the wrong way. In his opinion you are not ready for FL, and if in fact your spec is not optimal I wouldn't bring you to a raid either TBH, everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's a simple fix just relax...

You even said you didn't remember the WoG CD, now thanks to Jere, you know. Don't ask for help and then think everyone is being an elitist.

You don't seem to comprehend logic very well. No holds barred I really don't care if you would bring me to a raid or not, that wasn't the question. The question was also not about my spec, it wasn't about strategy or raid composition... it was if my stats were up to par with what a Prot Pala needs to go into NM FL. That's all. I didn't ask for your opinion on my replies nor did I ask for your commentary on the replies or meaning therein of others.

Is my skin thick enough for you now?
indirect

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:33 am

indirect wrote:

"just fine" isn't usually enough for this board. We try to make you the best player possible not tell you you're mediocre and send you packing.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby indirect » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:40 am

Nikachelle wrote:
indirect wrote:

"just fine" isn't usually enough for this board. We try to make you the best player possible not tell you you're mediocre and send you packing.

While that's very nice, and I am extremely grateful for the responses in the thread (as I have clearly taken all into account) I'm not trying to be super tank atm. I'm trying to ease my way into FL raiding normal modes. I could easily ask for a carry from my guild through FL HM 25 and just take all the tank gear I wanted. As I've said, I'm appreciative for the help received, and I probably wouldn't have taken his criticism so heavily if it were worded more like a human and less like a careless robot.
indirect

Postby Gab » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 am

indirect wrote: You don't seem to comprehend logic very well. No holds barred I really don't care if you would bring me to a raid or not, that wasn't the question. The question was also not about my spec, it wasn't about strategy or raid composition... it was if my stats were up to par with what a Prot Pala needs to go into NM FL. That's all. I didn't ask for your opinion on my replies nor did I ask for your commentary on the replies or meaning therein of others.

Is my skin thick enough for you now?

Now I don't comprehend logic? Ohh boy... You asked if you were ready to raid and someone's opinion is that you weren't. Because you didn't like their opinion said person is automatically an elitist? Yeah my logic comprehension is pretty poor. Tell you what, I'll work on my logic comprehension while you fix your spec. Deal?

indirect wrote: I probably wouldn't have taken his criticism so heavily if it were worded more like a human and less like a careless robot.

Now he is inhuman? Meh good luck sir.
Gab

Postby lythac » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:20 am

One of the stickies that should have been read before posting is - Gear Discussions and Advice Forum Guidelines - Read First!

Questions Like These:

- "Is my gear good enough?"
- "Am I ready for ________?"
- "What badge gear should I get?"
- "What is my next upgrade?"

should be posted in the Gear Check/Advice Sticky Thread

Your post is in the incorrect place.

I don't think Jeremoot's post was rude, it was just to the point, he made a mistake about the trinket and there was some confusion with your spec. He was trying to be helpful. As Nikachelle wrote if there is an error elsewhere with your gear/gemming/reforging/spec anything we can gather from armory it should be mentioned now rather than later.

(Possibly) unfortunately if you ask for advice about an aspect of your character you will get advice on areas that also need improvement.

Edit - Your gear is fine for FL.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby indirect » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:47 am

lythac wrote:One of the stickies that should have been read before posting is - Gear Discussions and Advice Forum Guidelines - Read First!

Questions Like These:

- "Is my gear good enough?"
- "Am I ready for ________?"
- "What badge gear should I get?"
- "What is my next upgrade?"

should be posted in the Gear Check/Advice Sticky Thread

Your post is in the incorrect place.

I don't think Jeremoot's post was rude, it was just to the point, he made a mistake about the trinket and there was some confusion with your spec. He was trying to be helpful. As Nikachelle wrote if there is an error elsewhere with your gear/gemming/reforging/spec anything we can gather from armory it should be mentioned now rather than later.

(Possibly) unfortunately if you ask for advice about an aspect of your character you will get advice on areas that also need improvement.

Edit - Your gear is fine for FL.

The last time I posted in that thread I think it took nearly 3 weeks for someone to reply.
indirect

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:50 am

indirect wrote:
The last time I posted in that thread I think it took nearly 3 weeks for someone to reply.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7896&p=660725#p660725

2 days DOES NOT EQUAL 3 weeks
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby indirect » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:52 am

Nikachelle wrote:
indirect wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7896&p=660725#p660725

2 days DOES NOT EQUAL 3 weeks

Yes it does.
indirect

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:19 am

I'm not a big fan of the monster request thread as stuff gets lost and individual conversations are impossible to have. I think we'd be better off with a separate subforum for "HELP!" type posts. Forum vets may prefer all the help posts be neatly consolidated into a single thread, but honestly I think it does a disservice to people who are new.

@indirect:

Another resource is http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear that will play all kinds of games with optimizing your gear. I don't follow it to the letter when I'm doing specific things, but it is very good for getting a general idea of where to go if you're uncertain.

Yes, you should definitely be using two mastery trinkets. Until I started having problems with overflowing the cap, I wore two mastery trinkets (or the rep one (dodge)). The requirements for FL are not exactly high -- the first time I tanked it on my other paladin (technically my wife's character), I was still wearing three pieces of PvP gear and the ZA DPS hat. However, I did gem and enchant and reforge such that I was in the high 90%s of CTC.

It's not unusual for entry level raid tanks to be around 13-14% dodge/parry with higher levels of mastery. What makes me sad is end game tanks who are still gearing for 70% block (eaugh).

I personally don't think the BH trinkets are worth farming now, as it's a month? or so of time investment. There are better options at this point, or stopgap measures you can use until you can get the new trinket or badge gear that'll allow you a mast/stam setup.

In either case, if your question has been answered then great; otherwise the off-topic trolling isn't helpful or useful to anyone. Jere was abrupt, indirect took offense at the perceived slight, and things spiraled out from there. Escalating is pointless and counterproductive.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:28 am

I don't harbor any elitist beliefs, and I apologize if I came off that way because I feel that optimal specs, rotations, and other mechanics outside of gear require research before raiding. I'm not going to entertain you with anymore superfluous banter, but when you ask for advice don't act surprised when it's given to you.
Jeremoot

Postby yappo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:59 am

Could a moderator please lock this thread?
yappo

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice