[10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby timoseewho » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello, I just wanted to get some discussion going for Yor'sahj the Unsleeping on 10-man heroic. The changes on heroic seem to be just:

-Yor'sahj the Unsleeping calls to the might of Shu'mas, summoning three differently colored globules of his blood. These globules path slowly towards Yor'sahj, infusing him with additional powers if they reach him. In Heroic difficulty four slimes answer Yor'sahj's call.

My guild 1-tank'ed this boss on regular and was told that the damage on the tank got a little high at some point, so I was wondering if 2-tank'ing may be necessary on heroic. We also 3-heal'ed on regular, and we might stick to that on heroic seeing the increased amount of possible damage. I'm thinking that the slime color priority pretty much stays the same with Shadowed Globule(purple)>Acidic Globule(green)>Glowing Globule(yellow). I'm guessing the idea is basically the same, assuming no purple ever, only spread if there's a green (which can get tricky coupled with red/yellow), otherwise, stack on boss. Anyone have any tips for this guy? Thanks!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Re: [10H] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

Postby fafhrd » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Is the 4th slime just one of the existing colours? If so, just pulling the boss on normal (or RF) and not killing any slimes seems a good way to practice. Wish we were serious enough to experiment like that.

I assume the abilities do more damage on heroic too.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Brosterr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:40 am

I talked this over with one of our healers yesterday to bring up the point that we might be taking purple slimes. We are going to stick to the normal priority to start, the one you put in the OP, but if the red+green is too brutal we are going to quickly attempt to learn the purple. Initial guess would be that you would stack up (assuming red/green/purple/black (for the sake of talking), kill green) very fast and bomb the tank to make him blow up before the damage goes out. I think it was 98k damage to everyone. So put up DG or whatever other raid cd's you have saved for this and take the damage up front, then hope to be able to keep people up without blowing up another person.

I have no clue if this is gonna be necessary, or if it is possible. Im just not so sure that if you got green/red/purple/yellow that you could kill purple and continue on as normal. Seems to me that part of this on heroic is being able to handle every kind of slime, having a call for every possible order. And as i said, i dont see red+green+yellow being possible.

One question i have is: has anyone experimented with the purple ooze? Does it count hots towards the 5 heals? Healing rain, holy radiance, wild growth, do these count towards it?
Brosterr

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:58 am

Our experiments shown that the purple debuff should have a ICD of sort.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:10 am

In a red/green/purple/yellow scenario, I would expect yellow to be the priority as it amplifies all others. In fact, I think yellow would have to be the first priority for just about any combination... unless it doesn't amplify blue and purple at all?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Brosterr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:39 am

Our experiments shown that the purple debuff should have a ICD of sort.

Can you explain this? Meaning what, if you blow up one of them, you could blow the whole raid up right after that and not take any damage?

And idk, i could easily be wrong, but i think the healers would rather have Yellow+Red (stack and aoe) over Red+Green (spread 3 yards exactly)(If you had green/red/yellow/purple and chose to leave purple up)
Brosterr

Postby Adornus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Either way, you're going to have to deal with purple dishing out more damage. If purple and yellow don't react, the leaving red, yellow, and purp up is the best. You can stack, use CDs like barrier and AM (which doesnt help against green since it's nature) and aoe heal better and just power through purp damage I would guess.

Although, purple, red, and green doesn't sound that bad if people use all personals and you only have to take one or two shots from purple you may be able to survive it.
Adornus

Postby Arincia » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Would disc bubble count against getting the 5 healing stack from purple? Also what about use BoP/DS/Sac or SLT from shaman?
Arincia

Postby Kishandra » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 pm

From what I hear, pws actually counts as two debuffs (assuming you have it glyphed), but the raid cds don't count.
Kishandra

Postby Winkle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:37 am

I watched TG attempt this on 25 HC for about an hour yesterday. They initially began always targeting purple if it spawned, but combinations like (purple,red,yellow,black) almost always led to a wipe.

Black seems especially annoying. The adds have serious amounts of HP and can't be tanked, having an add meleeing you as a healer is probably not conducive to healing the insane amounts of damage. Furthermore his HP pool is very large, so wasting all your time DPSing adds is probably not advisable.

Yellow certianly seems like it should always be the 1st target of choice.
Black is potentially much worse on HC than normal
The red buff might be out rangeable, saw no proof of this though.
Winkle

Postby frontallobe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:01 am

We tried this yesterday on 10m HM. Wow, this got SIGNIFICANTLY buffed from the PTR. The HP on 10m seems outrageous for Yor, the Mana Void, etc. @Winkle - after trying to kill purple first for many wipes I think you're right. It just can't be the kill target as the other slimes grouped just decimate the raid.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Bellanka » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:16 am

Did a few pulls of this last night: We had two black oozes back to back and we were overrun swamped by awash in a vast sea of adds by the third ooze phase.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Brosterr » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:20 am

From what ive seen adds should only persist if you have black and blue. Any other combination involving black they should die, if not before you run out, after the next ooze dies. You have like 10 seconds after killing an ooze before the other two reach the boss, then another 5 before anything important happens. If you get blue+black just be ok with the adds not dying.
Brosterr

Postby Paoanii » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 am

From our attempts last night, I just have a few comments.

If you have purple+blue, its usually best to kill one of the 2 raid damage ones left.
Green seemed to actually be the least damage of all the raid damaging abilities.
Yellow will mess your tank up something fierce if paired with black or red.
If you force purple to explode on the tank, he can be freely healed for the next 15-20 seconds before the new debuff goes out.

And one more general (and slightly more irritated) comment:

88.5 mil? really?
Paoanii

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Both on 10N and LFR, Hots count as only 1 cast as far as Purple is concerned, and I assume this is true for Heroic as well. Practice with the trash around the room as far as how to handle Purple and what affects it has.

Certain combinations of slimes might require different raid configurations beyond simply stacking up or spreading far out. Forming a ring or partial ring around the boss, could keep people in close to manage Red dmg and Black adds, while being far enough to minimize green splash.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)