Remove Advertisements

resolve of undying

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

resolve of undying

Postby Jaitee » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:04 pm

i managed to pick this thing up last night (yay!) was just curious im planning to reforge so my dodge/parry is balanced with it up since as long as im hitting stuff (which i do pretty much any time stuff is hitting me)has anyone got any arguments against doing this? or has this discussion already been had elsewhere and i just didnt see it!
Last edited by Jaitee on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaitee

Re: undying resolve

Postby Jeremoot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:41 pm

It's a pretty awful trinket compared to the alternatives. You could use a Stamina trinket in its place. It's not even the best trinket for CTC.
Jeremoot

Postby Jaitee » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:45 pm

ive got enough stamina 200kish i think and since im CTC capped mastery trinkets are useless it gives me about 3.5% dodge i think which for fights where avoidance is nice is quite hot
Jaitee

Postby Jaitee » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:04 pm

just spent forever getting my gear set up to have an equal dodge/parry when the trinket is fully stacked and i now have 18.33 dodge and 18.3 parry while still maintaining a 102.4% ctc this is in pretty crappy gear 385 ilvl (i had horrible luck all firelands with drops)

also found a bug with it the buff doesnt stack from crusader strike though hammer of the righteous (the physical portion only) stacks is as does AS hitting 3 targets with it leads to 3 stacks none of our other abilities appear to stack it
Jaitee

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:02 am

Jaitee wrote:this is in pretty crappy gear 385 ilvl (i had horrible luck all firelands with drops)

My 377 feels like complete shit then.... XD Granted, I haven't done any heroic modes.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Jaitee wrote:ive got enough stamina 200kish i think and since im CTC capped mastery trinkets are useless it gives me about 3.5% dodge i think which for fights where avoidance is nice is quite hot

Correction: Since you're CTC capped, mastery trinkets are stamina trinkets (to a point).

The problem with this trinket is that you will want to be CTC capped without it, so it effectively throws away 300 mastery to give you that 900 dodge. I can see it being useful if you can depend on it for CTC, but I don't think it's worth the risk assuming it takes a bit to stack up fully.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Jaitee wrote:just spent forever getting my gear set up to have an equal dodge/parry when the trinket is fully stacked and i now have 18.33 dodge and 18.3 parry while still maintaining a 102.4% ctc this is in pretty crappy gear 385 ilvl (i had horrible luck all firelands with drops)

Could you link your armory? I'm curious.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:24 am

Jaitee wrote:also found a bug with it the buff doesnt stack from crusader strike though hammer of the righteous (the physical portion only) stacks is as does AS hitting 3 targets with it leads to 3 stacks none of our other abilities appear to stack it

Does it stack from auto-attacks?

I mean, Awful Trinket is awful, but if it's not stacking from anything but HotR and AS then Awful Trinket is really awful.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Jaitee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 pm

theckhd wrote:
Jaitee wrote:also found a bug with it the buff doesnt stack from crusader strike though hammer of the righteous (the physical portion only) stacks is as does AS hitting 3 targets with it leads to 3 stacks none of our other abilities appear to stack it

Does it stack from auto-attacks?

I mean, Awful Trinket is awful, but if it's not stacking from anything but HotR and AS then Awful Trinket is really awful.

yeah auto attack stacks it and it still stacks pretty quick especially if i switch to HotR for the first few hits of a boss fight
Jaitee

Postby Jaitee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:14 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Jaitee wrote:just spent forever getting my gear set up to have an equal dodge/parry when the trinket is fully stacked and i now have 18.33 dodge and 18.3 parry while still maintaining a 102.4% ctc this is in pretty crappy gear 385 ilvl (i had horrible luck all firelands with drops)

Could you link your armory? I'm curious.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... a/advanced

logged out with some dps pieces on wont be able to change them till server comes back online
Jaitee

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:21 pm

My view on stacking trinkets is that they're bad, just like random proc ones. I like to control my trinkets and have them feel useful. I don't really want to be spending a whole fight worrying about having to be hitting something to keep the dodge up in the event I have to move or stop attacking and then need that avoidance when I have to tank again.

I'm still going to have it in my repertoire as my number 4 trinket, but I highly doubt I'm going to use it often for any progression fight.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Yeah I think this trinket is terribad. I even passed on it to offspecs when it dropped last week.
Kihra

Postby Xarlanther » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 am

I think it's pretty bad to.
The spirit trinket from DW was buffed after only 1 week so I am kinda hoping this one will to.
Xarlanther

Postby Paoanii » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Just my 0.02$ on the issue, I'm rather liking this trinket mainly because of how the values work out. I have more than enough EH for the fights im working on, so for physical damage focused fights I'm using this thing. But where it really shines is in the fact that for magic-heavy fights like yor'sahj I can swap it out for a stam trinket and use a mastery elixir+prismatic elixir for increased health and magic resistance without sacrificing full CTC. By trading the stam trinket+mastery elixir for the avoidance trinket+stam flask, I'm essentially trading 117 stam and 265 mastery for 880 dodge, a trade I'm more than willing to make for a fight like Morchok or Warmaster Blackhorn that is largely physical damage.
Paoanii

Postby theckhd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Paoanii wrote:I'm essentially trading 117 stam and 265 mastery for 880 dodge, a trade I'm more than willing to make for a fight like Morchok or Warmaster Blackhorn that is largely physical damage.

I'm not sure those are the best examples. Morchok's Stomp, which can't be dodged, hits harder than his melees on heroic mode. And about half of Blackhorn's damage is Disrupting Roar, which isn't a melee attack.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice