resolve of undying

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

resolve of undying

Postby Jaitee » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:04 pm

i managed to pick this thing up last night (yay!) was just curious im planning to reforge so my dodge/parry is balanced with it up since as long as im hitting stuff (which i do pretty much any time stuff is hitting me)has anyone got any arguments against doing this? or has this discussion already been had elsewhere and i just didnt see it!
Last edited by Jaitee on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaitee
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: undying resolve

Postby Jeremoot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:41 pm

It's a pretty awful trinket compared to the alternatives. You could use a Stamina trinket in its place. It's not even the best trinket for CTC.
User avatar
Jeremoot
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Re: undying resolve

Postby Jaitee » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:45 pm

ive got enough stamina 200kish i think and since im CTC capped mastery trinkets are useless it gives me about 3.5% dodge i think which for fights where avoidance is nice is quite hot
Jaitee
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: undying resolve

Postby Jaitee » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:04 pm

just spent forever getting my gear set up to have an equal dodge/parry when the trinket is fully stacked and i now have 18.33 dodge and 18.3 parry while still maintaining a 102.4% ctc this is in pretty crappy gear 385 ilvl (i had horrible luck all firelands with drops)

also found a bug with it the buff doesnt stack from crusader strike though hammer of the righteous (the physical portion only) stacks is as does AS hitting 3 targets with it leads to 3 stacks none of our other abilities appear to stack it
Jaitee
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: undying resolve

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:02 am

Jaitee wrote:this is in pretty crappy gear 385 ilvl (i had horrible luck all firelands with drops)

My 377 feels like complete shit then.... XD Granted, I haven't done any heroic modes.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3529
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: undying resolve

Postby PsiVen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Jaitee wrote:ive got enough stamina 200kish i think and since im CTC capped mastery trinkets are useless it gives me about 3.5% dodge i think which for fights where avoidance is nice is quite hot


Correction: Since you're CTC capped, mastery trinkets are stamina trinkets (to a point).

The problem with this trinket is that you will want to be CTC capped without it, so it effectively throws away 300 mastery to give you that 900 dodge. I can see it being useful if you can depend on it for CTC, but I don't think it's worth the risk assuming it takes a bit to stack up fully.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
Falling off the wagon since WoD release...
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: undying resolve

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Jaitee wrote:just spent forever getting my gear set up to have an equal dodge/parry when the trinket is fully stacked and i now have 18.33 dodge and 18.3 parry while still maintaining a 102.4% ctc this is in pretty crappy gear 385 ilvl (i had horrible luck all firelands with drops)


Could you link your armory? I'm curious.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: undying resolve

Postby theckhd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:24 am

Jaitee wrote:also found a bug with it the buff doesnt stack from crusader strike though hammer of the righteous (the physical portion only) stacks is as does AS hitting 3 targets with it leads to 3 stacks none of our other abilities appear to stack it


Does it stack from auto-attacks?

I mean, Awful Trinket is awful, but if it's not stacking from anything but HotR and AS then Awful Trinket is really awful.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: undying resolve

Postby Jaitee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 pm

theckhd wrote:
Jaitee wrote:also found a bug with it the buff doesnt stack from crusader strike though hammer of the righteous (the physical portion only) stacks is as does AS hitting 3 targets with it leads to 3 stacks none of our other abilities appear to stack it


Does it stack from auto-attacks?

I mean, Awful Trinket is awful, but if it's not stacking from anything but HotR and AS then Awful Trinket is really awful.


yeah auto attack stacks it and it still stacks pretty quick especially if i switch to HotR for the first few hits of a boss fight
Jaitee
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: undying resolve

Postby Jaitee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:14 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Jaitee wrote:just spent forever getting my gear set up to have an equal dodge/parry when the trinket is fully stacked and i now have 18.33 dodge and 18.3 parry while still maintaining a 102.4% ctc this is in pretty crappy gear 385 ilvl (i had horrible luck all firelands with drops)


Could you link your armory? I'm curious.



http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... a/advanced

logged out with some dps pieces on wont be able to change them till server comes back online
Jaitee
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:21 pm

My view on stacking trinkets is that they're bad, just like random proc ones. I like to control my trinkets and have them feel useful. I don't really want to be spending a whole fight worrying about having to be hitting something to keep the dodge up in the event I have to move or stop attacking and then need that avoidance when I have to tank again.

I'm still going to have it in my repertoire as my number 4 trinket, but I highly doubt I'm going to use it often for any progression fight.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Kihra » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Yeah I think this trinket is terribad. I even passed on it to offspecs when it dropped last week.
Kihra
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:01 pm

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Xarlanther » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 am

I think it's pretty bad to.
The spirit trinket from DW was buffed after only 1 week so I am kinda hoping this one will to.
Image
Xarlanther
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:08 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Paoanii » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Just my 0.02$ on the issue, I'm rather liking this trinket mainly because of how the values work out. I have more than enough EH for the fights im working on, so for physical damage focused fights I'm using this thing. But where it really shines is in the fact that for magic-heavy fights like yor'sahj I can swap it out for a stam trinket and use a mastery elixir+prismatic elixir for increased health and magic resistance without sacrificing full CTC. By trading the stam trinket+mastery elixir for the avoidance trinket+stam flask, I'm essentially trading 117 stam and 265 mastery for 880 dodge, a trade I'm more than willing to make for a fight like Morchok or Warmaster Blackhorn that is largely physical damage.
Image
Paoanii
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:49 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby theckhd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Paoanii wrote:I'm essentially trading 117 stam and 265 mastery for 880 dodge, a trade I'm more than willing to make for a fight like Morchok or Warmaster Blackhorn that is largely physical damage.


I'm not sure those are the best examples. Morchok's Stomp, which can't be dodged, hits harder than his melees on heroic mode. And about half of Blackhorn's damage is Disrupting Roar, which isn't a melee attack.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Paoanii » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:37 am

theckhd wrote:
Paoanii wrote:I'm essentially trading 117 stam and 265 mastery for 880 dodge, a trade I'm more than willing to make for a fight like Morchok or Warmaster Blackhorn that is largely physical damage.


I'm not sure those are the best examples. Morchok's Stomp, which can't be dodged, hits harder than his melees on heroic mode. And about half of Blackhorn's damage is Disrupting Roar, which isn't a melee attack.

My point though is that most of the damage on the tank is concentrated into things that CAN be avoided, like Morchok's melees or Blackhorn's Devastates and Melees as opposed to a fight like Yor'sahj where almost 80% of the tank damage is Void Bolt, or Zon'ozz where about 40% is magic damage from different sources.
Image
Paoanii
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:49 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby theckhd » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:57 am

Paoanii wrote:
theckhd wrote:
Paoanii wrote:I'm essentially trading 117 stam and 265 mastery for 880 dodge, a trade I'm more than willing to make for a fight like Morchok or Warmaster Blackhorn that is largely physical damage.


I'm not sure those are the best examples. Morchok's Stomp, which can't be dodged, hits harder than his melees on heroic mode. And about half of Blackhorn's damage is Disrupting Roar, which isn't a melee attack.

My point though is that most of the damage on the tank is concentrated into things that CAN be avoided, like Morchok's melees or Blackhorn's Devastates and Melees as opposed to a fight like Yor'sahj where almost 80% of the tank damage is Void Bolt, or Zon'ozz where about 40% is magic damage from different sources.

I understand your point, but I'm saying that in neither of those cases is the damage concentrated in avoidable melee attacks. In 25H Morchok's case, around 30% of your overall damage taken is Stomp. However, it can be closer to 50% of the damage in a death scenario (~130k plus one or two 75-80k blocked melee attacks). In 25N Blackhorn's case, around 60% of the damage you're taking is from Disrupting Roar. Again, your death scenario is going to be Roar + melee + melee. So it's not much different than Zon'ozz's damage breakdown, which you're using as an example of a fight where the trinket isn't that good.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Paoanii » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:34 am

theckhd wrote:
Paoanii wrote:
theckhd wrote:I'm not sure those are the best examples. Morchok's Stomp, which can't be dodged, hits harder than his melees on heroic mode. And about half of Blackhorn's damage is Disrupting Roar, which isn't a melee attack.

My point though is that most of the damage on the tank is concentrated into things that CAN be avoided, like Morchok's melees or Blackhorn's Devastates and Melees as opposed to a fight like Yor'sahj where almost 80% of the tank damage is Void Bolt, or Zon'ozz where about 40% is magic damage from different sources.

I understand your point, but I'm saying that in neither of those cases is the damage concentrated in avoidable melee attacks. In 25H Morchok's case, around 30% of your overall damage taken is Stomp. However, it can be closer to 50% of the damage in a death scenario (~130k plus one or two 75-80k blocked melee attacks). In 25N Blackhorn's case, around 60% of the damage you're taking is from Disrupting Roar. Again, your death scenario is going to be Roar + melee + melee. So it's not much different than Zon'ozz's damage breakdown, which you're using as an example of a fight where the trinket isn't that good.


It seems like our arguments just boil down to a difference between 10s and 25s in that case. I'm speaking from a 10 man perspective, where Blackhorn's Melees and Devastates are over 85% of his damage done. I'll concede that you're right in that case, if 40%+ of the damage is completely unavoidable (in terms of dodge/parry that is) I would definitely stick with the stam trinket, that just doesn't seem to be the case very often on 10 man.
Image
Paoanii
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:49 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Treck » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Devastates are also very reliable on a timer, that means reliable to CD once his vengeance stacks high enough.
But his devastate standing for 85% dmg doesnt seem right.
Im sure it does more dmg than roar (on the tank) problem is the healing during the roar, and like i said, Devastates are easy to CD (so is the roar fyi)
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Paoanii » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm saying devastates and melee damage, the 2 sources that can be dodge/parried, but you're right, its really easy to have a CD up for every devastate/roar.
Image
Paoanii
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:49 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Treck wrote:Devastates are also very reliable on a timer, that means reliable to CD once his vengeance stacks high enough.
But his devastate standing for 85% dmg doesnt seem right.
Im sure it does more dmg than roar (on the tank) problem is the healing during the roar, and like i said, Devastates are easy to CD (so is the roar fyi)


What timers are you using? cause I can't see devestate?
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Our own bigwigs.
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Ironshield » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:16 am

Just a word on the stacking, I got this trinket quite early on, think it's the lfr one actually, and it stacks up to 10 stacks pretty quickly on a target dummy and feels like AGES before it drops off, though I think it's just 10seconds but still more than enough time to be attacking something to refresh it. Possibly might drop off on Morchok's blood.

I haven't actually used it anywhere yet as although I suppose it should be a EH gain over the 383 mastery, it's definitely not a CTC gain and I was testing very close to the cap. Could experiment now that I've freed up a trinket slot but it won't be optimal any time soon.
Image
Ironshield
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 am

DXE has been really good this patch as well.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: resolve of undying

Postby Raive » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:39 pm

I've been using this trinket for lack of a better one (I was still using the moonwell phial until I got it), and rather than stacking two mastery trinkets.
It stacks incredibly fast, pretty much any attack you throw including auto attacks grant a stack, capping out at 10 in around 5 seconds or so. The only time I've had it fall off is during heroic dungeons where I'm running around all the time, though I'm sure theres some raid fights that its fallen off and I just havent paid enough attention to it.
That being said, I agree its pretty underwhelming especially compared to the other roles version of the trinkets from spine, I think they need to go the healer trinket route and tag on a static stamina counterpart to the trinket to make it more appealing.
I'll likely replace it either way with the stam trinket that gives the absorb shield (name escapes me and I'm at work atm) but we havent so much as seen it drop yet.
Raive
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:38 pm

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest