LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Lieris » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Meh, whatever...

I'm just a guy with a pony for signature...

Not even the right pony either.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Treck wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I just don't like the sudden hypocrisy complaining about STARS and its exploit, and then exploiting the game systematically to get the edge.

See, thats where you are wrong.
We DIDNT use it to get an edge, we used it (cuz we know others were doing the same) to not fall behind.

And the parent in me still screams: If Johnny jumps off that bridge are you going to jump off it to?

I'm just a guy with a pony for text signature...

I just don't like the sudden hypocrisy complaining about STARS and its exploit, and then exploiting the game systematically to get the edge.

edited to reflect myself.

Seriously. This takes the whole "BUT THEY DO IT SO I HAVE TO DO IT" to an extreme level.

Show some level of self control.
Shoju

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Getting more than one piece of loot from a boss, per week, in LFR is a true exploit.

And Ensidia did get suspended for LK exploit.

To me, it still smells like a cop out, plain a simple.

The differance is that LK was first of all an endboss.
They do take endbosses seriously, but random shit before that, they dont care as much.
Also, they are pushing hotfixes a lot more than they did back then, if something is broken now, they try to fix it rather than banning people.
I honestly think the days of banning people is a thing of the past.
They wont do anything trashbosses beeing exploited other than fix it and frown on the players involved, but on an endbosses if there is an obvious exploit, i still dont think they will ban people, but removing ach/loot is very possible, and even then i doubt they will do much.

Im not saying its not an exploit, but if all your competitors are doing the same, then beeing able to sleep good at night is a small Consolation prize for someone who finnishes sub top 20...
Treck

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Treck wrote:Im not saying its not an exploit, but if all your competitors are doing the same, then beeing able to sleep good at night is a small Consolation prize for someone who finnishes sub top 20...

There are no words or pictures to describe the /facepalm that I want to do at this comment. I am truly blown away that this is even being used as a defense.

THIS IS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

NO ONE REALLY CARES
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Lieris wrote:

Who would you suggest then?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Shoju wrote:
Treck wrote:Im not saying its not an exploit, but if all your competitors are doing the same, then beeing able to sleep good at night is a small Consolation prize for someone who finnishes sub top 20...

There are no words or pictures to describe the /facepalm that I want to do at this comment. I am truly blown away that this is even being used as a defense.

NO ONE REALLY CARES

This could be said every time you whine bitch and moan about some pointless shit in the game too couldn't it?
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Treck wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Getting more than one piece of loot from a boss, per week, in LFR is a true exploit.

And Ensidia did get suspended for LK exploit.

To me, it still smells like a cop out, plain a simple.

The differance is that LK was first of all an endboss.
They do take endbosses seriously, but random shit before that, they dont care as much.
Also, they are pushing hotfixes a lot more than they did back then, if something is broken now, they try to fix it rather than banning people.
I honestly think the days of banning people is a thing of the past.
They wont do anything trashbosses beeing exploited other than fix it and frown on the players involved, but on an endbosses if there is an obvious exploit, i still dont think they will ban people, but removing ach/loot is very possible, and even then i doubt they will do much.

Im not saying its not an exploit, but if all your competitors are doing the same, then beeing able to sleep good at night is a small Consolation prize for someone who finnishes sub top 20...

Considering the 4-pc tanking is game/encounter changing... I'd say they're pretty comparable to LK heroic exploit.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Shoju wrote:And the parent in me still screams: If Johnny jumps off that bridge are you going to jump off it to?

Is johnny getting shittons of facebook likes, and internet fame for landing first, oh and also not dying?
Then you bet id jump off and try to hit the ground faster than him.
Paragon is NOT dying from this, they "might" get a bann, they might not, were in the same boat.
This might end up a terrible progress for both of us, but atleast, we are BOTH screwed.
And honestly, the only guild we care about is paragon.

Shoju wrote:Seriously. This takes the whole "BUT THEY DO IT SO I HAVE TO DO IT" to an extreme level.

Were not 5year olds who cant think for ourselves.
We have had long talks about if we should or should not use this to our advantage (and possible demise)
And we took the decision to start using it as we believe the possible advantages outweigh the far slimmer option of beeing banned.
Also, all publicity is good publicity.
Currently paragons site is about to break for beeing overflown with visitors, and our current online users peaked at over 2k today, just cuz of this, you have any idea of how much paragon gains on this even if it sheds some bad light on them?
Treck

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Teranoid wrote:
Shoju wrote:

NO ONE REALLY CARES

This could be said every time you whine bitch and moan about some pointless shit in the game too couldn't it?

Sure could, and if you are paying attention, you will notice that there has been a lot less of that lately.
Shoju

Postby Lieris » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Lieris wrote:

Who would you suggest then?

I don't know, it's so hard to choose. :(

Maybe Fluttershy...
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Shoju wrote:THIS IS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

NO ONE REALLY CARES

Apparently people do, and you cant say no to that, cuz clearly, people are upset one way or another, id say that is caring.

Klaudandus wrote:Considering the 4-pc tanking is game/encounter changing... I'd say they're pretty comparable to LK heroic exploit.

Everyone worth mentioning used the bugg to give tanks 4piece, not everyone bugged LK.
Also LK was normalmode, not even heroic.
I honestly dont even find it worth mentioning.
But i do as people feel its important, personally i feel blizzard did a huge blunder on their actions against ensidia on LK normalmode was just not justified.
Treck

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Doesn't that prove the point? The exploit clearly changed the way the encounter is approached, which is why the LK exploit was bad... and so is this one.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Treck wrote:
Shoju wrote:And the parent in me still screams: If Johnny jumps off that bridge are you going to jump off it to?

Is johnny getting shittons of facebook likes, and internet fame for landing first, oh and also not dying?
Then you bet id jump off and try to hit the ground faster than him.
Paragon is NOT dying from this, they "might" get a bann, they might not, were in the same boat.
This might end up a terrible progress for both of us, but atleast, we are BOTH screwed.
And honestly, the only guild we care about is paragon.

Shoju wrote:Seriously. This takes the whole "BUT THEY DO IT SO I HAVE TO DO IT" to an extreme level.

Were not 5year olds who cant think for ourselves.
We have had long talks about if we should or should not use this to our advantage (and possible demise)
And we took the decision to start using it as we believe the possible advantages outweigh the far slimmer option of beeing banned.
Also, all publicity is good publicity.
Currently paragons site is about to break for beeing overflown with visitors, and our current online users peaked at over 2k today, just cuz of this, you have any idea of how much paragon gains on this even if it sheds some bad light on them?

facebook likes?
internet fame?
Enjoy the subsidiaries from the advertising dollar I guess?

I don't even know what to say anymore. internet celebrity is at stake here....

Treck, when I said no one really cares, this is the part I was talking about. You are an anonymous fake celebrity to a few kids on the internet. That's what is at stake here.
Shoju

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:47 pm

I meant that the ban on the "LK exploit" was a bad decision, it was not an important fight.
But it also did show blizzard that banning people for blizzards own mistakes is a terrible thing to do aswell.
And since then, people have pretty much only been banned for things that are against their ToS.
Not for not playing the game by their bad programming.
Treck

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Well by the same token, if having every advantage for this game where internet celebrity is at stake doesn't really matter... then does the unethical exploitation of bugs in the game matter either? After all it's just a stupid game, right?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to General