Remove Advertisements

[10] Yor'sahj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Yor'sahj

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:53 pm

This one was fun. Also 1-shot after watching PTR videos. My raid is average 385 ilvl, but the mechanics were simple enough. We prioritized Purple (shadow), then Green, then Yellow.

Note, that once you kill one of the three bloods, the rest become immune. You need to agree at the start who is calling the orbs, and what the priority is. DBM (or maybe it was Blizz raid interface) will announce like a raid warning what 3 bloods he is summoning. IMMEDIATELY call one and ALL dps blast it. At our gear level (1 Tank, 6 dps, 3 heals) we easily blasted the blood.

We prioritized Purple/Shadow as it causes healers to basically do arcane explosion on the raid every fifth heal, so that seemed to be the worst raid effect. Green/Acidic we also felt was bad as it would require the raid to spread out too much. and Yellow/Glowing would be a lot of raid dmg.

If Blue/Cobalt reaches the boss, then just pawn the orb that appears to restore healer mana, and as long as they are close to the orb they will be back at full. While the orb is up the healers/caster will still benefit from mana regen, but they will still lose mana quickly to the orb until they are empty. This happens reasonably quickly so it must be pawned and caster must be nearby as it dies, but if they are in range of it they will basically be guaranteed to be back at full mana. Obviously the orb must die before your healers go oom, or at least right afterwards.

Dark blood is just stack on boss and AOE adds, its not a big deal. Red/Crimson blood is some additional AOE damage which is mitigated by stacking on the boss. So you especially want to avoid any combination of Green with Red for instance as you can't both spread out and stack up.

Then just repeat a few time and he falls over and drops nice loots.

We got credit for one combination towards the achievement, i'm assuming you don't need to do all of them in the same encounter, i'll guess i'll find out next week.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Re: [10] Yor'sahj

Postby xstratax » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:54 am

There is an exception (though I dont recall seeing it) If you get Purple/Green/Red you should kill Red as Red + Green is a contradiction of mechanics (stack & spread at the same time)
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Postby Forgrim » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 am

We kill Green still and just eat the purple/red combo
Forgrim

Postby Passionario » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 pm

xstratax wrote:There is an exception (though I dont recall seeing it) If you get Purple/Green/Red you should kill Red as Red + Green is a contradiction of mechanics (stack & spread at the same time)

According to my sources, R/P/G combination never occurs on normal.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Phonic » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Another bad one is R/G/Y. You should kill red since Yellow causes the bolts to AOE and green wants you to spread out. We wiped the first time to that.
Phonic

Postby Steve » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:36 pm

We killed green for green/red/yellow. Green does splash damage and red can be minimized by stacking on the boss, which also coincidentally helps you AoE heal. If you spread out for green, AoE healing/cooldowning the damage becomes more difficult.

The only one that gave us some pause was blue/purple/yellow. I think a case can be made for killing yellow instead of purple, but we went with purple. Brute force solutions tend to be easier to manage than using the tank cooldowns/taunts to dramatically cut down on the healing needed, especially if you are already using 3 healers.

I never saw purple/red/green. I, too, suspect that combination is simply not permitted, especially based on the repetition of combinations we had that involved purple (lots of blue/purple/yellow, black/red/purple)
Steve

Postby frontallobe » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:33 am

Quick tip that worked for us. We saved lust until we had no option but to take a yellow. If a yellow is going to hit the boss save lust for that or 20% whichever comes first.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Taeron » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:17 am

Going in DS first time this Sunday. Just wanted to double check if The Unsleeping is okey to be done with 1 tank... I noticed in LFR there's a shadow damage debuff stacking on the tank with a warning from DBM going off at 3 stacks.

Solo tanking seems to rack up the stacks up to like 7 or 8 before going to ooze summmoning mode. Is it safe to do it with just 1 tank?
Taeron

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:21 am

Yeah, we single tanked it last night. Think I recall 8 stacks being mentioned but it didn't seemto be a problem - we one-shot him on a facepull.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Epimer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:35 am

It goes up to 8 if you solo tank it, but that was only an issue if the healers had their hands full elsewhere. Even then it was fine to 2 heal it, you just need the tank to manage their cooldowns at high stacks.
Epimer

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:00 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, we single tanked it last night. Think I recall 8 stacks being mentioned but it didn't seemto be a problem - we one-shot him on a facepull.

Yeah uh... his aggro range is a bit bigger than the other ones before him.

Definitely got up to 8 stacks a few times. However, 8 stacks in normal hurt a lot less than 8 stacks in RDF - although that's likely to do with knowing your raid group. In RDF I was more inclined to use two tanks, but having done normal now, I'm not.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Paoanii » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:32 am

The damage per stack in LFR is significantly higher than in 10 normal or 10 heroic. In 10 normal, its about 6k a stack, in LFR its closer to 20k per stack.
Paoanii

Postby Ezharon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:39 pm

In LFR someone say that when DBM announce the 3 ozes summoned by the boss, it always announce the one to kill in 1st. That didn't seem accurate to me at least in LFR difficulty (but it wasn't really a problem and we killed the boss easily).

True or false ?
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby Epimer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:19 am

We had people spouting that garbage in LFR yesterday.

Unless people want to prioritise blue about purple or yellow, I think it's nonsense.

EDIT: Although the reasoning could just be that because all performance thresholds are so low in the LFR version that the only danger is having all three reach the boss and therefore having one mutually consistent target - because people don't always listen to raid warnings - is safer than having sensible kill targets. Just speculating.
Epimer

Postby econ21 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:45 am

As a tank, I died from the DOT while running to an ooze in LFR. The healers said I should have stayed put (i.e. I went out of healing range). We swapped on 4 in LFR, but I solo tank in 10N and always run to the oozes as I figure we need the extra dps. I guess I should stay put in LFR.
econ21

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)