Remove Advertisements

[10] Morchok

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Morchok

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:52 pm

I was standing right next to someone who had the link today and didn't move, I was closer to the crystal than them, and the link stayed on them the full duration until the crystal exploded.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:04 pm

And adding to what Kysen said... our ranged to keep moving continuously as they were constantly "chosen".

Then again, we also had some people not bothering to move at all and it didn't really hurt.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:08 pm

We definitely had the links show up on various people last night then all consistently end up on the 3 people we had walk over to the crystal. This was on normal 10, not LFR.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Yeah we just did normal and the behaviour of the links was a bit bizarre. I'll pay more attention next time - maybe insist non-linked players run over.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Maybe they're sticky to their current target, but switch once the discrepancy between current target and closest target's distance is great enough.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Paoanii » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:20 pm

I wonder if it will only change targets when it would change beam color, for example going from yellow to red or vice versa causes that beam to look for a new target.
Paoanii

Postby frontallobe » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:40 am

The links just show the closest targets when the crystal spawns and can be ignored. Assign 3 people that can dps the most running and gunning to run to the crystal. gtg. The beams are aesthetics only it seems.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 am

frontallobe wrote:The links just show the closest targets when the crystal spawns and can be ignored. Assign 3 people that can dps the most running and gunning to run to the crystal. gtg. The beams are aesthetics only it seems.

I don't know... I keep reading what you guys are saying but I haven't been experiencing it at all. When doing LFR I often got linked, as the tank. But this was after the crystal had spawned BEHIND the boss and the logical "closest people' were the melee.

I guess the links are totally pointless though. Which begs the question... why bother putting them in?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:27 am

In the raid finder mode I saw the beams clearly switching to the nearest targets, with a little delay.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby ginga-uk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:54 am

What are people's experiences with the armor debuff? I'm thinking of solo tanking this next time we go. My world of logs report show he cast it 9 times before his first group up, then 11 between any subsequent. I suspect aiming for 3 dodge in a row for it to drop off is unlikely, but on average if i have 35-40% avoidance then I'll be at no more than 6-7 stacks when it resets...

How about bubble? does this clear stacks if i had an unlucky streak?
ginga-uk

Postby ginga-uk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:54 am

What are people's experiences with the armor debuff? I'm thinking of solo tanking this next time we go. My world of logs report show he cast it 9 times before his first group up, then 11 between any subsequent. I suspect aiming for 3 dodge in a row for it to drop off is unlikely, but on average if i have 35-40% avoidance then I'll be at no more than 6-7 stacks when it resets...

How about bubble? does this clear stacks if i had an unlucky streak?
ginga-uk

Postby Phonic » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Tbh, it's easily solo-tankable, but it's not necessary. It's not like you need another dps or healer even.

Might as well 2-tank it to save time and ensure you can press onwards faster to "harder" bosses.
Phonic

Postby Darielle » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:50 pm

It's easy, just keep a cooldown up when the stacks get high.

My earlier comment about practising for Heroic by 1-tanking was more about how Stomp increases damage by 100%.

I don't know... I keep reading what you guys are saying but I haven't been experiencing it at all. When doing LFR I often got linked, as the tank. But this was after the crystal had spawned BEHIND the boss and the logical "closest people' were the melee.

I guess the links are totally pointless though. Which begs the question... why bother putting them in?

The links exist to tell people that they're doing it right and have gotten close enough to the crystal to be "Safe" instead of "Danger" or "Warning".
Darielle

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)